why no new breeds for dog 8?

2»

Comments

• yeah its the same technology as seen in genesis - each breed is a controller that stacks up scaling and morphs and has its own correctives.  You can spin up the dials however you like, just like mix n matching genesis 8 shapes and morphs. Same tech, differrent base mesh.

If you have any of the DAZ Dog 8 Breeds - Dachshund, Labrador, etc, you can mix then toegther (yes, even the dachshund and great dane)  Presumably when more breeds come wandering along those should be equally mixable.  Ghost of Macbeth did a lovely Warg for Dog 8, so you can use all the assets from that with other Dog 8 shapes if you needed something more wolfy right away :) 

https://www.daz3d.com/warg-hd-for-daz-dog-8

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2019

whippet....

whippet good. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

I want some dingos.  Also, a Tasmanian wolf would be nice.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    Cybersox said:

Heh.  Dingos wanna eat Daz babies, they're in for a tough time.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I may have laughed outloud at that @RKane_1 so I blame you for the odd looks I got in my office just now.

My favorite dog I've owned so far was a bullmastiff. Definitely need some big dogs with droopy jowls. laugh

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited September 2019
    WHIPPIT GOOD!! LMAOOOOO!!!
    Post edited by Patrick Tyner on
  • edited September 2019
    JonnyRay said:

I may have laughed outloud at that @RKane_1 so I blame you for the odd looks I got in my office just now.

My favorite dog I've owned so far was a bullmastiff. Definitely need some big dogs with droopy jowls. laugh

Maybe that's the breed morph I need to make an accurate portrait of our Lab mix? A few months ago we introduced him to a friend, who's owned many Labs & part-Labs. Friend kept repeating, "No Lab drools like that, no Lab drools that much." LOL

But yes put me down for more breeds. A nice big package of them, like with the MilDog bundle.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    Sevrin said:
    Cybersox said:

Heh.  Dingos wanna eat Daz babies, they're in for a tough time.

Maybe that's why I want them. devil

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    JonnyRay said:

Maybe that's the breed morph I need to make an accurate portrait of our Lab mix? A few months ago we introduced him to a friend, who's owned many Labs & part-Labs. Friend kept repeating, "No Lab drools like that, no Lab drools that much." LOL

But yes put me down for more breeds. A nice big package of them, like with the MilDog bundle.

My Ben could get drooly sometimes, especially when he was excited about something. And when it bothered him, he'd walk over and lay his chin on my leg.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858
    edited September 2019

A pomerainian looks pretty much like any dog shaved even the base doberman except for scale

what it needs is a decent strand hair

likewise the poodle

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    RAMWolff said:

some things just take time ... and waiting for the fur to be ready ....

So what are the must have breeds that people are lookiong for?

chihuahua

Con't wolfs eat chihuahaus?

HEY YOU, BEHAVE!  LOL 

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Bring on the chihuahua!

• A pomerainian looks pretty much like any dog shaved even the base doberman except for scale

what it needs is a decent strand hair

likewise the poodle

I'd love a pom, especially if it could wear a teddy bear clip. For big dogs (REALLY big dogs) I'd like to see a Tibetan mastiff.

Silken windhounds are probably my favorite dog breed, and they might look really cool in Daz Studio. They have long hair like an Afghan hound, although a little shorter and wavier, and could lend themselves really well to fantasy material options to create elfhounds or spirit dogs since they're so ethereal looking (right up until they see a nice mud puddle).  

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    RAMWolff said:

chihuahua

Horrible audio, but start at :50

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

English Bulldog sounds good too. Named Spike and with one of those metal spike collars like on old cartoons too!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

HAHAHAHA  

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    JonnyRay said:

I'm okay with this. I am the freak of my office. :)

• Col-lie. Cooooolllllie. Collie, collie, collie, collie, collie. I'd like a collie please.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Miniature Schnauzer. Mine had cropped ears and tail like this image, but now ppl think it's inhumane. Got mine when she was 8 wk old so it was already done. She had the long eyebrows, fluffy beard, and leg feathers.. Most of them now have flopply ears and long tails. Not what I think of as schnauzer..

miniature schnauzer.JPG
    311 x 352 - 21K
  • nice thing is that in DS 'cropping'  the ears and tail is painless .. just spin the dial ;)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990

Popular dog breeds may vary from country to country, but why not work down the top 50 list? https://bestlifeonline.com/most-popular-dog-breeds/

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562
    edited September 2019

Bugsy the Bulldog and Mabel the Mastiff will happily model for anyone wanting to immortalize them.

team.jpg
    1500 x 1155 - 675K
    Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
  • A cocker spaniel would be an insta-buy for me.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited September 2019

Saint Bernard with beer keg accessory, please.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Col-lie. Cooooolllllie. Collie, collie, collie, collie, collie. I'd like a collie please.

Strongly seconded! And I'd love to see different head-morphs, like American, Euro modern, Victorian and Farm collie.

And also Belgian Shepherds! 

• +1 English cocker for me.

A cocker spaniel would be an insta-buy for me.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

+1 English cocker for me.

A cocker spaniel would be an insta-buy for me.

How about a mad dog like Joe Cocker?

• All of the above, of course, but also and especially Golden Retriever, Samoyed, Shiba Inu (it's 2019 and don't we need a dog that's fully kawaii?), and don't forget Border Collie. 

As for Jack Russel Terriers, it's their world and we only live in it.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,447

here you go .. packages, like the songbird remix deals of old ...  maybe AKC breed groups ... there are a lot of breeds, so maybe 5 most popular from each group, or something like that

https://www.akc.org/public-education/resources/general-tips-information/dog-breeds-sorted-groups/

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

nice thing is that in DS 'cropping'  the ears and tail is painless .. just spin the dial ;)

cheeky