Can't check out - anyone else having a problem?

3DScreencraft3DScreencraft Posts: 471
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi guys, I'm trying to check out Capsces' Morphlet, and applying the Platinum Club coupon as instructed, and although i get a message saying the coupon has been accepted, it doesn't change in the money column. So I tried continuing to checkout, but it just goes to the first step again, round and round in circles!

What am I doing wrong? (And can anyone explain why the heck DAZ has made the entire site much more difficult for users? Is it a ploy to drive us to the opposition sites? lol!)

Thanks!

Comments

• retrodevilretrodevil Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

I just tried to check out with Paypal.. After inputting my paypal password i am taken back to the first step :(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Hi guys, I'm trying to check out Capsces' Morphlet, and applying the Platinum Club coupon as instructed, and although i get a message saying the coupon has been accepted, it doesn't change in the money column. So I tried continuing to checkout, but it just goes to the first step again, round and round in circles!

What am I doing wrong? (And can anyone explain why the heck DAZ has made the entire site much more difficult for users? Is it a ploy to drive us to the opposition sites? lol!)

Thanks!

The PC coupon can only be used on Daz Originals. And I think you will find the Capces items are PA items, not Daz Originals.

DOs will show DAZ3D as the Published Artist, with possibly "created by" underneath that.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • retrodevilretrodevil Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

I can't check out and I am not using a coupon. There is definite;y something wrong with the new checkout system

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Checkout system has been working fine for me. Used the coupon, made a purchase ... and also acquired the free stuff.
    The only day I had any trouble was due to the storms knocking down powerlines across the USA including one between the company and the bank. Now fixed :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I must admit I have had no problema, and I have just bought and downloaded several products, including one quite large dowload (99mb) which someone had said they had problems with, and I am on an old machine and am in an area where the broadband is pretty ropey.

• 3DScreencraft3DScreencraft Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

The PC coupon can only be used on Daz Originals. And I think you will find the Capces items are PA items, not Daz Originals.

DOs will show DAZ3D as the Published Artist, with possibly "created by" underneath that.

Hi Cho, thanks; I just read the coupon email again and you're right - something else DAZ has snaffled. Used to be you could buy PA items using coupon at half value; it was only new items and PC items you couldn't use it on, as I recall? Being restricted only to DAZ Originals (when I already own most of them,lol!) will make me seriously reconsider renewal when it comes up.

Thanks for pointing it out, Cho. :-) I'll try again tomorrow without using the coupon. I've been waiting for ages for the Morphlet to come on sale but it seems to be sale-proof. LOL!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Just trying to two items (one free, one $1.99) and using $2.00 store credit (for a nett cost of nothing). All is well until I hit Place Order, where upon I get told "Payment method does not exist".

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

i've been trying to add the new pc outfit for genesis into my cart all afternoon -- on the main product page, there is no 'add to cart' button, when i go to the main store page and click add to cart, it takes me to the product page and asks me to "please specify the required product".
    i added a pa item to my cart and that seemed to work, so i don't know what's going on.

and yes, i've already logged in/out three times, cleared cache, cookies and danced a jig, and still no luck.

oh well, it wasn't pressing or anything, so i guess i'll just wander off somewhere else for a while....

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

i've been trying to add the new pc outfit for genesis into my cart all afternoon -- on the main product page, there is no 'add to cart' button, when i go to the main store page and click add to cart, it takes me to the product page and asks me to "please specify the required product".
    i added a pa item to my cart and that seemed to work, so i don't know what's going on.

and yes, i've already logged in/out three times, cleared cache, cookies and danced a jig, and still no luck.

oh well, it wasn't pressing or anything, so i guess i'll just wander off somewhere else for a while....

If it's the outfit I saw, the add to cart button is near the bottom of the page ... you get to choose which or both of the installer types you wish to download ;-)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Just trying to two items (one free, one $1.99) and using $2.00 store credit (for a nett cost of nothing). All is well until I hit Place Order, where upon I get told "Payment method does not exist".

Oh. Great. Just gone back to look and it is now $1.98 total, having taken the final $0.01 of the credit off. Bugger. Looks like support ticket time.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Hi Cho, thanks; I just read the coupon email again and you're right - something else DAZ has snaffled. Used to be you could buy PA items using coupon at half value; it was only new items and PC items you couldn't use it on, as I recall? Being restricted only to DAZ Originals (when I already own most of them,lol!) will make me seriously reconsider renewal when it comes up.

One good thing I don't think they mentioned and I hope isn't a mistake, but I used the PC coupon on a DAZ Original item that is NEW. That wasn't allowed before. Hope they keep that as an option.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

It should be allowed on new items - the last email used the old text, from June, but they revised the exclusion of new items almost immediately from June.

• nigsnetnigsnet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Has anyone found a work around for these issues, or is the store actually broke? I just tried adding something to my cart and the cart doesn't update. Tried on another PC, which did allow me to add stuff to the cart, but then won't let me complete the purcahse as I need to enter my billing address details, all of which are already there and correct!

Using Firefox 13 BTW, on both PCs.

Cheers,

Nig