Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@Horo, the flowers look awesome, great render :)

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,106

Horo : awesome landscape.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,138

mermaid, Tim and adbc - thank you.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
  • Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618

@ Horo - this is an awesome landscape and I love the flowers.
    Do you have made the flowers just like the tree grass?

@ Slepalex - the Forest and the Pond are so wonderful.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,013

Slepalex - both the Forest and Pond are awesome, great landscapes.

Slepalex : again two superb renders.

edited May 2020

Slepalex - two beautiful landscape renders with very detailed vegetation.

Rieke77 - thank you. The flowers are two grouped trees (vertically compressed), one with the wood (trunk and twigs) and green leaves, the other with transparent wood and the red flowers (also leaves).

A terrain near and one far, an HDRI for the sky and ambient light and the sun as key light.

Group of Islands

GroupOfIslands.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 108K
    Post edited by Horo on

@ Horo - thank you very much for the info.  I'll try.

Your new terrain looks so great. I like the light.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited May 2020

Bryce Vegetation

I used information from Horo's website. Good looking trees
    and a 2 leaf materials by Rashad Carter http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=2040
    and the bark material by David Brinnen in the library "Contributing Artist"

Bryce_Vegetation.jpg
    900 x 675 - 734K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

@ Slepalex  - Alpine Valley looks awesome.

@ Electro-Elvis - this looks so real - great. I like the grass.

Rieke77 - thank you.

Slepalex - lovely landscape.

Electro-Elvis - these trees and all the landscape with the grass and bushes look great.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,760

Adbc:  great abstract. I love the light from behind.

Tim82: Very nice mountain range and beautiful sky.

Mermaid010: Interesting ‘bowtie’ object. Very nicely rendered. The sunset scene with the free eagle is also nice. The stark contrast between objects and sky works very well.

Horo: Love your light experiments. Strange light-tree, eerie woods. Your abstract inside the Alien artifact is fantastic. I like this kind of weird abstract (as you may have noticed). The terrain with trees has a very nice landscape texture. The leaves are nicely spring green, though maybe a bit too transparent? And a very nice terrain with delicate lighting.

Slepalex: What can we say? You are the master of realistic Bryce landscapes. Incredibly detailed and lovely lighted. I wonder how much time it takes for you to set up scenes like that? Great choice of strange cloud colours in the Forest rut, Incredibly romantic Pond, with wonderful vegetation. You’re grass with flowers and the trees in the background for the  Alpine valley are very realistic.

Electro-Elvis: Very good terrain and great vegetation in your render too. Perhaps there cold have been a bit more light, specifically on the trees? But in general it looks very realistic.

Horo : awesome terrains, beautiful light.

Electro-Elvis : great landscape.

Slepalex : Wonderful image, very realistic.

Hansmar : thank you.

edited May 2020

I made two more renders with the recently acquired dinosaurs.

First one is a terrain I used before, but inverted. I added a number of Apatosaurus and primordial trees (from Judyk). A sky from the 'Terrains under fantastic skies' set by Horo and David Brinnen lights the scene. Title is: Prehistoric woods.

Second one als an inverted terrain, too spikey for normal use, but the Pteranodons are the main subject, so I think it works. Also with one of the 'fantastic skies', which I really like a lot.

Prehistoric woods.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1022K
    Flight of the pteranodons.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 930K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    Hansmar said:

Slepalex: What can we say? You are the master of realistic Bryce landscapes. Incredibly detailed and lovely lighted. I wonder how much time it takes for you to set up scenes like that? Great choice of strange cloud colours in the Forest rut, Incredibly romantic Pond, with wonderful vegetation. You’re grass with flowers and the trees in the background for the  Alpine valley are very realistic.

Thank. Always different. A week, three days or one evening and night. Provided that the models, textures of the sky, etc. are made in advance. There are works that I put off, because I can’t find the right solution.
    It happens that with the terrain and texture I suffer for two days. Composition and lighting are also a lot of work.
    Now I have come to grips with the study of Arbaro and the creation of realistic trees. Something turns out. In recent works, this is. 

Horo - another excellent landscape, the lighting is awesome

Slepalex - Wow another breath-taking scene, beautiful.

Electro-Elvis - Lovely landscape, the grass is very nice.

Hansmar - thanks, both your renders are great

Hansmar - thank you. Agreed, the transparency of the leaves is a bit high with 100%. I was lazy using Rashad's when I could have changed it with a 60% or 70% transparency texture (I made them from 10% to 100% all 10% for volume and flat surfaces - they're just a click to the texture library away.)
    Both your renders look cool, the upper one is my favorite.

adbc and mermaid - thank you.

edited May 2020

Stony track

I was inspired by the newly created trees in Arbaro and created this landscape in one evening and night.
    Two tall trees is pure Arbaro. On the right, the trunk branches into four branches.
    ____
    Below, tall bushes are made using the following technology. I created one bush in Arbaro, imported it into Bryce, duplicated it (only 4 copies). Export to Wings 3D. Here I combine all the branches and trunks into one object, all the leaves in another, export to Bryce as an OBJ. As a result, Bryce produces one object (group) of two materials. This makes it easier to work at Instancyng Lab.
    Low large-leaved bushes are a Bryce tree with a used texture and transparency map that I created about 10 years ago.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A bush created in Arbaro. 4 objects: trunk, branches of the 1st and 2nd levels, foliage.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Right: the same bush after the transformation Arbaro - Bryce - OBJ - Wings 3D - OBJ - Bryce. 2 objects: a) branches and trunk, b) foliage.
    Left: 4 bushes, the same transformation, also two objects. It is very convenient for mass sowing.

1.jpg
    640 x 800 - 111K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 144K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
    edited May 2020

Slepalex: Wonderful Stony track. Very good work with the bushes. Thanks for explaining. Even if you spend a week on one of those landscapes, I still think that's fast for such great results.

I also made two renders of the Buddha from the Stanford scanning repository. I used a curvature texture, that I probably tool from an example by Horo. But I started this months ago and never finished it so far. Two different skies, sun positions, lighting. 

buddacurvaturematerial1.jpg
    695 x 695 - 275K
    buddacurvaturematerial2.jpg
    695 x 695 - 369K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Slepalex - another outstanding render, beautiful.

Hansmar - both the stills are awesome

@ Hansmar - both images are very cool. My favorite ist the second.

The Buddha renders are great.

@ Slepalex - your Stony Track is awesome. 

Slepalex - Stony track is really awesome scene.

Hansmar - the Stanford Buddha is a really nice model. Both your renders look great. On the first, it looks a bit as if there were some haze involved in the lower part. I like the background of the second.

edited May 2020

Double stacked terrain, the clouds are volumetric clouds pre-rendered as a spherical panorama, ambient light by an HDRI.

Crags

Crags.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 164K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@Horo, wow! ....that looks amazing! fantastic job :)

Hansmar : Prehistoric woods : great landscape. The spiky terrain is special, hopefully the Pteranodons don't hurt themselves. The Buddha's have an excellent texture.

Slepalex : simply marvelous, so very detailed !

Horo : excellent landscape.

mermaid010, Rieke77, Horo, adbc: Thank you.

Horo: Great landscape, wonderful texture.

@ Horo - wonderful landscape. I like the textures.

This discussion has been closed.