LIE Face Bruises for Genesis 3 & 8 [Commercial]

FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,039
edited December 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

LIE Face Bruises for Genesis 3 & 8

“Some bruises you wear like badges of honor: when you got it playing rugby, or quad racing, or falling off something while drunk, no opportunity is lost to show off a good contusion. A bruise inflicted by someone else, however, is a whole other story: it's like a big flashing arrow marking you out as punchable, and before long there'll be boys queuing up to add bruises of their own, as if they'd just been waiting for somebody to show them it could be done.” -Paul Murray

"L.I.E. Face Bruises for Genesis 3 & Genesis 8" allows users to give their renders that extra dose of detail via 31 different hand-painted bruises. What's more, you get a mirror version for 28 of those, which gets you a total of 59 Presets per gender and generation.

Of course, we know characters come in all colors, so we've not only included two sets of colors that will work with Light and Dark Skins alike, but we've also added a set design to blend both options for those mid-tone colored characters! In total, you get 177 Presets (59 Dark Skin Presets, 59 Light Skin Presets and 59 Dark Blend Skin Presets --to use in combination with the Light Skin Presets for those mid-colored toned skins) for each gender and generation!

Use this pack to show the struggles your character(s) has been though, injecting subtext into your every render! Whether because they love to fight or simply ventured into the wrong side of town, these bruises will help you sell the story!

What’s Included and features:

Similar to L.I.E. makeup packs, L.I.E. FACE BRUISES for Genesis 3 and 8 contains a pack of hand-painted and carefully crafted bruises intended to add details to a character's textures via the Layered Image Editor. Each pack is made up by 31 different face bruises, all of which can work together to create infinite possibilities.

Each pack also includes:

• A mirror version for 28 of the 31 bruises.
  • Three color options/variations so the bruises can blend properly with different skin colors: light, mid-tone (dark blend) & dark.
  • Iray L.I.E. Material Presets for Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 3 Males, Genesis 8 Females & Genesis 8 Males.
  • Each bruise applies a diffuse map, with the ear bruises also applying a translucency map.
  • Since this is a L.I.E. preset pack, the bruises can also work with 3Delight.

The following information details the folder structure for "L.I.E. FACE BRUISES for Genesis 3 & Genesis 8":

Cheeks | 7 bruises options, 7 Mirrors, 42 Presets

• FB Cheek Big (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Cheek Curved (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Cheek Slap Faded (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Cheek Slap (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Cheek Small Faded (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Cheek Small (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Cheek Spread (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark

Chin & Jaw | 4 bruises options, 2 Mirrors, 18 Presets

• FB Chin Low (Center) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Chin (Center) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Jaw Small (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Jaw Spread (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark

Eyes | 4 bruises options, 4 Mirrors, 24 Presets

• FB Eye Curved (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Eye Intense (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Eye Panda (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Eye Spread (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark

Forehead & Temples | 5 bruises options, 5 Mirrors, 30 Presets

• FB Forehead Brow (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Forehead Curved (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Forehead (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Forehead Small (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Forehead Temple (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark

Mouth | 6 bruises options, 6 Mirrors, 36 Presets

• FB Mouth Corner (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Mouth Corner Spread (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Mouth Lower (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Mouth Lower Lip (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Mouth Upper (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Mouth Upper Lip (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark

Nose & Ear | 5 bruises options, 4 Mirrors, 27 Presets

• FB Ear Faded (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Ear (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Nose Full (center) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Nose Partial (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark
  • FB Nosetril (Left & Right) | Light, Dark Blend & Dark

------------ TOTAL SCARS: 59 Bruise Presets per generation & gender; 177 Bruise Presets if you include the color variations.

Textures Include:

• 66 Diffuse Texture Maps (4096 x 4096)
  • This product uses the Genesis 3 Base Male UV Maps, Genesis 3 Base Female UV Maps, Genesis 8 Base Male UV Maps & the Genesis 8 Base Female UV Maps
  • Daz Studio LIE Presets (.DUF)
Face Bruises_Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_02.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_03.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_04.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_05.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_06.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_07.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_08.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_09.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_10.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_11.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_12.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_13.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Bruises_popup_14.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,039
    edited September 2019

Tips, Tricks & Considerations:

This pack relies on your character's original skin settings, which means that the bruises may look different depending on the skin. If you find that the bruises look too faded, it may be that the character's transulcency channel is impacting the coloring. If so, you can find a few workarounds in the graphic below (click for larger view)

Examples showing the combination of Bruise Presets used for the product promos:

Face Bruises_popup_15.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Bruises_popup_01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Bruises_popup_16.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Bruises_popup_17.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Bruises_popup_18.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Very nice!  There are a number of wound packs out there now, but they all focus on brand new injuries and tend to be rather bloody.  Older, healing injuries are a lot harder to find and the quality of these looks to be excellent.  A quick pickup for sure and I'd love to see a matching body pack. 

• Cybersox said:

Very nice!  There are a number of wound packs out there now, but they all focus on brand new injuries and tend to be rather bloody.  Older, healing injuries are a lot harder to find and the quality of these looks to be excellent.  A quick pickup for sure and I'd love to see a matching body pack. 

Thank you! And yes, body pack is in the works :). Though for that one, we'll probably separate the female version from the male version (with different bruises in each pack).

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

So many great things to say about these. I love the idea of bruises even more than open wounds. These look quite realistic. And being able to say start with a "Panda" (best bruise name ever, btw) and show it fading over time will help immensely with some of the storytelling types of renders I do!

• JonnyRay said:

So many great things to say about these. I love the idea of bruises even more than open wounds. These look quite realistic. And being able to say start with a "Panda" (best bruise name ever, btw) and show it fading over time will help immensely with some of the storytelling types of renders I do!

Thank you (didn't know how else to describe that one except for Panda lol)! I've added the images to the first post because, for some reason, they weren't showing in the attachments when I checked before. The intention is to have those images show the "catalogue" of bruises included in this pack. Of course, you can mix and match! And by reducing the opacity of each bruise inside the Layered Image Editor, you can indeed showcase some fading bruises! :)

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

Nice. Have you looked at making a set of blushing LIEs?

• rrward said:

Nice. Have you looked at making a set of blushing LIEs?

We have thought about it, but I haven't searched yet for enough references of different ways/types of "blushing" to make a pack out of just that. If you happen to have any references, feel free to post them here, though! 

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2019

It's just the reddening of your cheeks when you are embrassed or sometimes angry.

When you're embarrassed or angry, adrenaline is released, speeding up your heart rate and dilating your blood vessels to improve your blood flow and oxygen delivery. In humans, facial veins react to this adrenaline by blushing. But this response doesn't happen anywhere else in your body, which is why you don't blush all over.

If someone is just embarassed then it is usually confined to the cheeks but if they are angry or embarassed enough, the redness can appear on the nosetim and forehead too.

That might be a cool LIE set to combined with some expressions too. :)

Our sympathetic nervous system regulates the diameter of blood vessels in our body. ... And, this expansion allows more blood to flow in, turning the face red. This expansion of blood vessels, which also known as vasodilation, is usually caused by histamine. And, in some people, this compound can cause itching.

By the way, I am no expert, this was all copied and pasted from a simple Google search.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2019

May I suggest a few morphs for making a "Mouse" which is a gathering of blood around an area. Boxers often have them lanced at ringside if they are around the eyes and inhibiting vision. Maybe some more massive swelling morphs and some fat lips. Some bloody noses would be great too. :)

You can do a search on Google for "facial damage from boxing and mma" but I MUST WARN YOU., It is VERY graphic and not for the feint of heart.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,039
    edited September 2019
    RKane_1 said:

It's just the reddening of your cheeks when you are embrassed or sometimes angry.

When you're embarrassed or angry, adrenaline is released, speeding up your heart rate and dilating your blood vessels to improve your blood flow and oxygen delivery. In humans, facial veins react to this adrenaline by blushing. But this response doesn't happen anywhere else in your body, which is why you don't blush all over.

If someone is just embarassed then it is usually confined to the cheeks but if they are angry or embarassed enough, the redness can appear on the nosetim and forehead too.

That might be a cool LIE set to combined with some expressions too. :)

Our sympathetic nervous system regulates the diameter of blood vessels in our body. ... And, this expansion allows more blood to flow in, turning the face red. This expansion of blood vessels, which also known as vasodilation, is usually caused by histamine. And, in some people, this compound can cause itching.

By the way, I am no expert, this was all copied and pasted from a simple Google search.

Thank you for the information. I have seen people blush differently, though and assumed such things were possible. For instance, some people end up with their ears turning red. Others I've seen the blush extend to their neck and even chest area! Others just get those red cheeks. Perhaps it depends on skin color and how embarassed you are? Regardless, the idea to have the LIE Blushes + Expressions and maybe a few Poses can work together to turn it into a product! I'll jot it down and find reference once I'm finished with the LIE Body Bruises & a Modern Leg Prosthetic (for G3M & G8M; and later for G3F & G8F) we're currently working on!

Our Modern Leg Prosthetic for the G3&8M was almost done but I broke it during testing, much to my modeller/rigger partner's dismay lol. So he's fixing the issues and hopefully we'll be able to submit it this week.

For those curious of what the prosthetic leg looks like, here's a sneak peak:

ModernLegProsthetic_Popup08.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 936K
  • RKane_1 said:

May I suggest a few morphs for making a "Mouse" which is a gathering of blood around an area. Boxers often have them lanced at ringside if they are around the eyes and inhibiting vision. Maybe some more massive swelling morphs and some fat lips. Some bloody noses would be great too. :)

You can do a search on Google for "facial damage from boxing and mma" but I MUST WARN YOU., It is VERY graphic and not for the feint of heart.

Oh, I've seen them! To be honest, looking at bruises references was rather depressing with the amount of childrens' photos that came up :(. But I digress, we actually had planned to include a few "swollen" morphs to this pack but my modeller is tied up with our other product. So we decided to move that back so the pack could be sold for both males and females.

Later on we'll do a morph pack which will include swollen areas for both the face and body (or at least that's the plan later down the line).

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,903

Fénix: ouch hugs 

• Oso3D said:

Fénix: ouch hugs 

Thanks! *Recieves the hug* To say that our learning curve has been a steep one with those leg prosthetics would be an understatement. I can now understand why products don't always support both G3 and G8. Regardless, better that I break it now before submitting it. I do hope that the product will do well enough to be at least a return on the time and work we've invested on it.