Can't not find a file for ...

Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
edited December 2013 in New Users

From these characters' product pages, these two products do not need G4,right?

How come,the opening of these two characters will come out that error message?

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Snip20131226_6.png
745 x 891 - 376K
Snip20131226_4.png
1494 x 765 - 634K
Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

It is asking for the morphs for V-4 ...do you have them???? Did you try loading from the poser side instead of smart content???

Post edited by Trish on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Please Provide LINKS to the Products, the CUT off info pages do not allow us to check all the Information that can answer your question. There is a chance that the POSTED information is not correct and that DAZ 3D needs to edit the Store information.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013
    Post edited by Trish on
  • Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 2013

It is asking for the morphs for V-4 ...do you have them???? Did you try loading from the poser side instead of smart content???

I do have morphs for V4 and V4.2.
    But I do not have G4.

BTW, these two products do not show up on the Smart Content!
    I open these two characters from the Contents Library

Post edited by Leo Chen on
    edited December 1969

As I feared, BOTH products state in the INFO section that they are for G4.

Capture-002.png
    515 x 186 - 10K
    Capture-001.png
    523 x 170 - 9K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Please Provide LINKS to the Products, the CUT off info pages do not allow us to check all the Information that can answer your question. There is a chance that the POSTED information is not correct and that DAZ 3D needs to edit the Store information.

Thank you.

The links are as following:

http://www.daz3d.com/rm-tallulah-belle
    &
    http://www.daz3d.com/fr-joelle

edited December 2013

Jaderail said:

Thank you,Jaderail.

Since I am not going to buy G4,
    can I just use the product (Gen 4 Iconic Shapes for Genesis) to produce G4?

PS:
    http://www.daz3d.com/gen-4-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

edited December 1969

Thank you, bullit35744.
    I appreciate.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Thank you,Jaderail.

Since I am not going to buy G4,
    can I just use the product (Gen 4 Iconic Shapes for Genesis) to produce G4?

PS:
    http://www.daz3d.com/gen-4-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

Yes, the maps will use the Victoria 4 UV Set, since Girl 4 was a Victoria 4 expansion. However the iconic shapes will give only the base Girl 4 shape, you will not have any other morphs the characters use nor will your be able to use any custom morphs they include.

edited December 1969

Thank you again,Richard.

I am still trying to understand how to use the product (Gen 4 Iconic Shapes for Genesis).
    Until now, I still have no idea about how to use the product. :red:

edited December 1969

Load Genesis Open Parameters select ACTOR then DIAL the Shape of V4 or M4 or A4 with the Shaping dials.

edited December 1969

Thank you,Jaderail.
    I appreciate.
    PS: I will try...

edited December 1969

Here are two examples Genesis Loaded, Actor selected one is set to Female and the other set to Male as shown. Each shape is there to be DIALed in.

Capture-002.png
    1066 x 877 - 288K
    Capture-001.png
    1079 x 922 - 290K
    edited December 1969

I got it, thank you.

Now,I can got G4 shape for G4 clothing and G4 Skin
    but the injects of shapes of the "RM Tallulah Belle" and "FR Joelle" still ask for the missing file.

edited December 2013

That is because they are MADE for the G4 figure, they will not work on the Genesis G4 SHAPE, the genesis G4 Shape and the V4 version of the G4 morph are two different FIGURES. Morphs only work on the FIGURE (mesh) they were built to work on. You would need to use a TOOL like Gen X to transfer the Morph files from the G4 MESH to the Genesis G4 SHAPE Mesh before they would work. ONLY the textures and clothing will work on Genesis without doing some type of morph transfer.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 2013

Short explanation of figures and how items for those figures are NOTED and used in DAZ Stuido.

At this time we have 4 major types of FIGURES. Each Figure is built on it's own MESH. Only items for that MESH work on it 100% of the time.

Generation 3 figures are the Victoria 3, V3, the Micheal 3, M3, the Akio 3, A3 and the Hiro 3, H3 figures... Others exist but those are the top 4.
    Generation 4 figures are Victoria 4, V4, Micheal 4, M4, and all the other Generation 4 figures Akio 4, A4, and Hiro 4, H4 are Morphs for V4 and M4.
    Genesis is the Generation 5 figure for it we have Victoria 5 and Micheal 5 SHAPES just as V4 has the A4 morph. Genesis also has many other Shapes it can be.
    Genesis 2 is the Generation 6 figures it comes as Genesis 2 Female and as Genesis 2 Male. For it we have Victoria 6, V6 and Micheal 6, M6 and other SHAPES.

Each Generation has a Number 3, 4, 5, 6 in the info for the items in the store or state the figure G2F, V4, A4 or another. At this time only Clothing and Textures can be used on Genesis from other generations IF you have the needed content, some free some bought, for that generation. No genesis Figure can use Morphs for the other generations without those morphs being transferred from the original FIGURE MESH to the new FIGURE MESH (generation) with a tool or by hand editing the morph files.

So Victoria 4 Morphs++ only work on the V4 figure (mesh), A4 and G4 morph characters only work on the V4 figure. None of the Generation 4 morphs or characters will work on any Genesis Figure (mesh) unless the user does the work to transfer them to Genesis. And the same applies to all other generations even between the different Genesis generations.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for all your help,Jaderail.

Since I am very new to 3D world, it is too difficult for me to understand these tools.
    So, I just can not try these tools in short time.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,865
    edited December 1969

leochen what is your native language?
    you need somebody who speaks or reads your language to help translate English for you not a Google tool
    Jaderail is describing the different Daz figures and what works with each.

edited December 2013

leochen what is your native language?
    you need somebody who speaks or reads your language to help translate English for you not a Google tool
    Jaderail is describing the different Daz figures and what works with each.

Thank you, Wendy.

My native language is Taiwanese and Chinese.

I do not use Google's translation service.