[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male (Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
edited September 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Convert your favorite Genesis 3 Male characters to new Genesis 8 Male characters! The Character Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male transfer the morphs from beloved Genesis 3 characters to the latest generation, Genesis 8. The Character Converter scripts provide easy batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis 3 Male Character to a Genesis 8 Male Character in your library. Even better, icons, categories, and the default materials are copied from your original Genesis 3 Male to the new Genesis 8 Male.

The Character Converter scripts outputs are also a merchant resource! If you own the original Genesis 3 morphs, you retain the rights to the converted Genesis 8 morphs to do as you wish.

The new Character Converter script is extremely simple to use. Just select the characters to convert and click execute! There is also a Convert Scene Character script which will copy a Genesis 3 Male character in the scene, with all currently used morphs, to a Genesis 8 Male character (no character preset is created and no materials are copied).

Tutorial on Character Converter Products

The Character Converter script cannot properly convert all Genesis 3 characters.  Characters with extreme morphs may have problems, especially around the eyes.  The Character converter script does not copy joint corrective morphs (JCMs) or morph corrective morphs (MCMs) properly, which can cause problems with some poses for your converted characters.    (As of the September update, the Character Converter can now convert JCMS).  Default materials copied to your new Genesis 8 characters may have ugly seams and/or misaligned features due to the different UV layout.  Please see the product ReadMe for full details.

Features

• Character Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male (.DSE)
    • Character Converter Script
    • Convert Scene Character Script
    • Detailed user Guide (.PDF)

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 339K
popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 414K
popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 227K
popup_3.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 214K
popup_4.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 122K
popup_5.jpg
2000 x 2363 - 1M
popup_6.jpg
1465 x 1000 - 417K
popup_7.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 208K
popup_8.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 195K
popup_9.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 118K
popup_10.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 213K
popup_11.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 220K
popup_12.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 124K
popup_13.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 732K
popup_14.jpg
1778 x 1000 - 798K
popup_15.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 350K
popup_7.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 495K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,901

Wow, great addition to the collection of excellent scripts.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    Artini said:

Wow, great addition to the collection of excellent scripts.

Thanks @Artini!

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

surprise How soon can you take my money? Please say quicker than Daz Soon.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

The hits just keep on coming!

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

How soon???

Byrdie said:

surprise How soon can you take my money? Please say quicker than Daz Soon.

LOL.  Quicker than Daz Soon (if I know what Daz Soon is)

maraich said:

The hits just keep on coming!

Thanks. smiley

Daikatana said:

How soon???

Not as soon as you would like but not bad either smiley

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Instabuy.  Thanks Riversoftart, for all your innovative and useful products.

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319
    edited August 2019

Will there be a bundle deal to buy the G8F and G8M converters at the same time?

Post edited by Crescent on

Instabuy.  Thanks Riversoftart, for all your innovative and useful products.

You're welcome!  I am glad you want it. smiley

Crescent said:

Will there be a bundle deal to buy the G8F and G8M converters at the same time?

Daz does not like to do bundles on only 2 items, especially if one has already been released.  I have asked for a discount coupon for owners of the female CC.

• Is a Cross Gender Character converter possible?  in the future?  Lets say theirs a very cool Alien or monster in G3M,  but would like a G3/G8F version? And vice versa? 

Is a Cross Gender Character converter possible?  in the future?  Lets say theirs a very cool Alien or monster in G3M,  but would like a G3/G8F version? And vice versa? 

I imagine it is possible but I have not even experimented on trying that yet.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited August 2019

I'm not sure I've ever bought anything that fast before. laugh Thank you for all your hard work, @RiverSoftArt -- and for asking for the coupon!

Converter Test - Jonas.png
    1451 x 897 - 924K
    Converter Test - Mace.png
    926 x 1110 - 1M
    Post edited by plasma_ring on

I'm not sure I've ever bought anything that fast before. laugh Thank you for all your hard work, @RiverSoftArt -- and for asking for the coupon!

You're welcome! laugh  Nice images and conversions!  Thank you for your sharing.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Whoo hoo! :D

And released!  (I know, I know, I am late to the party.  I feel like I was standing here with a starting gun and everyone has already left... cheeky  Well, bang! laugh)

Whoo hoo! :D

laugh  I am glad you are excited.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,559
    edited August 2019

A minor bug.

For Kenji 7 Genesis 8, the selected UV sets are Lee 7 (G3M UV for G8M) for the character and Genesis 2 Males (Legacy UV) for the eyelashes.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    Noah LGP said:

A minor bug.

For Kenji 7 Genesis 8, the selected UV sets are Lee 7 (G3M UV for G8M) for the character and Genesis 2 Males (Legacy UV) for the eyelashes.

The script does not actually seelct UV sets as it doesn't know if you have bought and installed the G3 UV product: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-male  You have to change that manually.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,559

Okay, I edited the Actor preset in Notepad++.

Thank you very much for this product, I like it !

Noah LGP said:

You are welcome!  

You have inspired me to see if I can figure out how to set the UV set automatically for the characters.  If I can do it, it would only work with the base characters, e.g., it would find Lee 7 but not Kenji 7.

This went into my cart blindlingly fast and I have started the conversion process even as I am still drinking my first cup of coffee.  Thank you so very much for creating this and all the other wonderful utilities that give us so many more options.  Also thank you for asking for the coupon.  You are muchly appreciated.  I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Daikatana said:

This went into my cart blindlingly fast and I have started the conversion process even as I am still drinking my first cup of coffee.  Thank you so very much for creating this and all the other wonderful utilities that give us so many more options.  Also thank you for asking for the coupon.  You are muchly appreciated.  I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

You are very welcome!  I hope you like it.

Noah LGP said:

You are welcome!  

You have inspired me to see if I can figure out how to set the UV set automatically for the characters.  If I can do it, it would only work with the base characters, e.g., it would find Lee 7 but not Kenji 7.

Ok, I figured it out.  This feature will be in the next update to both CCs.  It still requires you to own

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-female
    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-male

Noah LGP said:

You are welcome!  

Ok, I figured it out.  This feature will be in the next update to both CCs.  It still requires you to own

This is excellent! 

I guess that means I will be reconverting everything?

Daikatana said:
    Noah LGP said:

You are welcome!  

This is excellent! 

I guess that means I will be reconverting everything?  If so, its not an issue at all.  Your scripts make it so I can set it up and go do something else for about an hour and come back to a hugely expanded library.  This makes me very happy.

edited August 2019

excuse weird double post.  I need more coffee

Post edited by Daikatana on
    edited August 2019
    Daikatana said:
    Noah LGP said:

You are welcome!  

This is excellent! 

I guess that means I will be reconverting everything?

Not everything as it won't help with the non-base characters or specific ones not defined in the RSCharacterConversionConstants.dsa file.  The alternative is to do like @Noah LGP and edit the character preset file. 

More Info:

The UV Sets are set by looking at the label for the loaded G3M character, e.g., "Michael 7".  Then the script looks for any match in the UV sets' enumeration, i.e., is there a "Michael 7" in the UV sets enumeration?  If there isn't, the script looks for an association defined in the data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCharacterConversionConstants.dsa file (this association is new, it is not in the file right now).  This association looks like this:

var UVSetConversion = {
        "Some Char" : "Lee 7",
        // enter subsitutions for UV set above (e.g., "Some Char" uses the Lee 7 UV Set)
        "" : ""
      }

What this means is that if the label "Some Char" is found, use the "Lee 7" UV set.  People can edit this later to add new associations.  

I have a request.  If anyone knows of a specific UV set for a character, tell me now (with the UV Set name and the label that is on the G3F or G3M figure), and I will add it the association list before I submit the update.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on