The victoria support file could not be found

acedrakeacedrake Posts: 41
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Salutations ladies and gents, I am installing v 4.2 but when I run daz and try loading victoria 4.2 it says Victoria support file could not be found. Same with Hiro 4 as well, it says michael support file could not be found. I am installing the files in the d: drive away from the c: drive. PLease help.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

You should have \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 in the folder you installed to, which should be a folder that appears under the Poser Formats heading in the Content Library pane - Window>Panes(Tabs)>Content Library (you won't see the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder in Content Library, but the folder it is in should be there with at least \Figures\DAZ People and Pose\DAZ's Victoria 4 in it).

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2013

If what Richard said above is not the issue did you run the .bat files when your Installed M4 and V4? If not with DS closed go to

\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ > DzCreateExPFiles-M4.bat and -DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

run all the .bats by double clicking on them one at a time.

Post edited by Szark on
  • acedrakeacedrake Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Tried both suggestions, and still nothing. I even reset the database and re imported it and nothing.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is your DAZ Studio set to LOAD the content from the folder you installed to as BOTH Daz Studio Format and as Poser Format? Is your DAZ Studio even set to see the DIM install folder?

edited December 1969

Yes they are set to load both formats and Daz Studio is set to see the DIM. All the other content is fine only hiro 4 and v 4.2 are the only ones that gives me the error of folder not found.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you post these 2 screenshots: ...
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

edited December 1969

Here they are, the screenshots

dazScreenShot.png
    1920 x 1080 - 133K
    edited December 2013

Umm we need to see these.... BOTH

Capture-002.png
    677 x 541 - 37K
    Capture-001.png
    477 x 462 - 37K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Here is the other screenshot.

dazScreenShot.png
    1920 x 1080 - 716K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

You need to add D:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3d Library under Poser Formats.

edited December 1969

Those suggestion didnt work, but here is the error message

dazScreenShot.png
    1920 x 1080 - 735K
    edited December 1969

I decided to install P8 and lo and behold the files are now working. weird, but thanks for the support guys and gals and do have a nice and merry Christmas and a prosperous new year!!!!!!

edited December 1969

acedrake said:
    Those suggestion didnt work, but here is the error message
    Did you CLOSE DAZ Studio and Re-Open it AFTER you added the path? If not the PATH is not valid, it will only be READ at a OPEN. So adding the Path and then trying to LOAD the figure is still using the LOADED paths and will fail, it will ADD the new path and read it only at open. Or a FORCED Refresh I believe.
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Uninstall the Powerloader for V4 and the error should go away. You will just have to inject V4's morphs manually.