SuperBeam(Commercical)

OskarssonOskarsson Posts: 793
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

SuperBeam for Genesis! Smartpropped to Genesis eyes. Also as a standalone beam that can be moved to the barrel of a weapon and parented there.
In testing now. With the holidays and all I don't know when it's going to be released...

PromoPic01.jpg
1118 x 860 - 231K
PromoPic08.jpg
1118 x 860 - 234K
PromoPic07NEW.jpg
1118 x 860 - 238K
PromoPic05.jpg
1118 x 860 - 235K
PromoPic03.jpg
1118 x 860 - 241K

Comments

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Do want! =P~

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Yes!!! Thank you.

• OskarssonOskarsson Posts: 793
    edited December 1969

No need to thank me, sir! Just doing my job:)

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Oh, damn! This is good!

Will there be a way to rescale the 'barrel', in case we need to have it come out of something like an elongated slit? I'd imagine some people might want to have it shoot out of a visor or something along those lines.

edited December 1969

I wish I'd thought of that. It wouldn't be much trouble to put in but it's kind of a hassle at this point...

PromoPic09.jpg
    1118 x 860 - 226K
    PromoPic04.jpg
    1118 x 860 - 228K
    PromoPic06.jpg
    1118 x 860 - 260K
  • tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Looks awesome, I hope it will be poser compatible, as I have many uses for it.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

GENIUS! You have NO idea how LONG I've been waiting, and wanting, this very thing! :)

And the BEST thing about it? It's for GENESIS! Smartpropped! YES! :coolsmile:

Soon as it comes out, it won't even have time to enter my cart. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks, guys! I think I figured out a way to have the beam shoot out of a visor as Xenomorphine asked. It should be easy to use the 'singlebeam' and scale it using Studio's scaling dials. The y-axis will flatten it and the x-axis will make it wider:)

tonymouse: Sorry, the materials are Shader Mixer spaghetti nodes (meaning they look like spaghetti when you open them in Shader Mixer). But if this thing sells well there are no reason why I can't make a Poser version. I think I can re-create most of the materials in Poser's material room:)

edited December 2013

Excellent! Knowing it has the option to come out of different shapes will help a lot with diversity. Someone should be able to mix this with one of the Supersuit visors to depict an 'X-Men' look.

In fact, if this can do a pencil-thin red beam, this is going to be great for depicting a laser designator effect. :) No more messing around in post-work and realising you've got the wrong angle by an inch or so!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

This is AWESOME!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I'm so buying this! =-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

I love when PA's plug holes in my Content needs. I can and DO postwork effects in but REALLY prefer render in. This will be SO in my cart.

I can so SEE other add on packs in my minds eye already. Also wondering Why I never thought of this myself... I'm too lazy to do it even if I had...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guys! This can be used with the G2 line too, of course. Just un-parent it from Genesis, move it to G2 and parent it there instead. Anyone with two opposing thumbs can do it (challenge accepted Y/N?)

edited December 1969

Oskarsson said:
    Thanks Guys! This can be used with the G2 line too, of course. Just un-parent it from Genesis, move it to G2 and parent it there instead. Anyone with two opposing thumbs can do it (challenge accepted Y/N?)
    You finish this Food prop thing I'm fighting and I'll do some super effects. The food is one mean thing to texture... when doing what I am to it.
    edited December 1969

You're fighting with food? I've seen this in the movies. If you're the good guy you're going to win. Unless it's another type of movie I'm thinking of.

edited December 1969

Truely though I can see many expansion sets for this. One I would love would be IMPACT or CONTACT of the Beams with a target. Just like in the Comix. Hint hint, nudge nudge...

edited December 1969

Oskarsson said:
    Thanks, guys! I think I figured out a way to have the beam shoot out of a visor as Xenomorphine asked. It should be easy to use the 'singlebeam' and scale it using Studio's scaling dials. The y-axis will flatten it and the x-axis will make it wider:)

tonymouse: Sorry, the materials are Shader Mixer spaghetti nodes (meaning they look like spaghetti when you open them in Shader Mixer). But if this thing sells well there are no reason why I can't make a Poser version. I think I can re-create most of the materials in Poser's material room:)

Well then I hope it sells lots and lots cuz when there is a version I can use in poser I'd snap it up in a heart beat.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Truely though I can see many expansion sets for this. One I would love would be IMPACT or CONTACT of the Beams with a target. Just like in the Comix. Hint hint, nudge nudge...

I like the way you think... Might be a bit tricky, trying to model for all different types of effects AND materials, though. Wood would behave differently to metal, plastic and so on, if you're thinking about depicting it kicking up a kind of microscopic 'debris field'?

Otherwise, you could just make a pack with 3D props which are for simulating energy and projectile hits, in general! SMay's done something along those lines, which I've found a lot of use for. I think it's titled something like 'Fire And Smoke Effects' and has the explosive reaction as a rescale-able 3D prop with alternative textures. There are still some things I wanted to do with it, which I couldn't (neon smoke seeming to 'leak out' of a cracked, alien egg didn't quite work, because the smoke's volume kept intersecting in the wrong places), but it's proven invaluable in other instances.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing someone do some 'puddle' effects for simulating water, alien ooze, melting plastic, mercury and so on... One for floors, another for trickling down walls and another for looking like it's dripping from ceilings. I could easily see this Super Beam product working well with those for various action scenes.

edited December 1969

Yep, I see the issue, but different mat zones for the particles would allow the user to modify that as needed, and I was also thinking along the lines of impacting FOE's on the receiving end of a beam too.
    I have the Fire and Smoke set and it IS very useful. I love that set as much as I will this one. I see a great future in this set.

edited December 1969

I looked up Smay's Fire and Smoke and that looks like it could work well with the SuperBeam. If I ever do a dedicated weapons version I'll try and include impact and discharge effects as well:)

We're celebrating Christmas the 24th here in Sweden, not the 25th as you heretics do so I'm off! Snaps! Sill! Dancing around a dead tree! Exchanging gifts! and other exotic customs:)
    Happy Holidays everybody!

edited December 1969

Happy to you too, even if I was late. Merry Ho ho to others as well.

• jonguisinger17jonguisinger17 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Oskarsson said:

I desire a poser version for v4 and m4 for my project im working on

edited December 1969

I'm happily playing around with some BEAMS. Now where is that expansion pack? LOL!! Nice stuff in here. Maybe a Render thread is needed for this set, and SOON.

edited January 2014

I would love to see a render thread! Or you could post your renders in this thread!

Post edited by Oskarsson on
    edited December 1969

It looks awesome, I hope it does well enough to inspire a poser version!!! I'd snap it up in a heart beat

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Oskarsson said:
    I would love to see a render thread! Or you could post your renders in this thread!

Thanks so much for this! :)

This was a quickie. :)

SuperBeam.jpg
    556 x 600 - 125K
    edited December 1969

That looks great! The Superbeam is working well with comic book characters, I think:)