Near Future / Urban-Warfare Submachinegun (WIP)

drakken3ddrakken3d Posts: 0
edited January 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Next project. This is really WIP right now. I need to add a lot more detail and i will create some add-ons like a silencer, a blade etc as well.

cheers!

Wip01.JPG
588 x 694 - 49K
Post edited by drakken3d on

Comments

• DolbomirDolbomir Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Oooh

Will it have a worn/used texture variant?

Laser scope, regular scope?

Various stocks?

xP

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2013

You know, if you replaced the handles with straps, laid it on its side and modified the barrel, I could kind of see it as a futuristic forearm-mounted gun for Genesis 1/2...

The subject title made me assume this was going to be inspired by the creature's shoulder-mounted energy weapon from the 'Predator' movie. :)

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

In some ways it reminds me of a gun from a certain sci-fi property used in tabletop wargaming. I'm being vague because the owners of said property are sort of jerks about homages and such.

edited December 1969

In some ways it reminds me of a gun from a certain sci-fi property used in tabletop wargaming. I'm being vague because the owners of said property are sort of jerks about homages and such.

"BURN THE HERETIC!"

;)

• drakken3ddrakken3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Dolbomir
    Yes, a used texture variant will be included for sure. I also have a 'brand new' and an 'urban warfare' texture variant in mind.

I try to make at least one ACOG and a laser scope or something similar + a few other enhancements.

@Xenomorphine
    Sorry for the confusion. I changed the thread title accordingly.

@Riggswolfe
    Well, i think a lot of weapons look the same and - apart from that - it is not finished yet. The concept sketch from which i started modeling is on my website now for a few years already. Maybe i can find the scribbles as well, so i could prove, that i designed it.

edited December 1969

Just saw, that i have some more cool weapon designs there, which are definitely looking more 'post-apocalyptic'. So maybe after this machine gun i will do three of them as well … so many projects to do :)

edited December 1969

drakken3d said:
    @Dolbomir
    Yes, a used texture variant will be included for sure. I also have a 'brand new' and an 'urban warfare' texture variant in mind.

As a consumer, you have my thanks for including all three as default! Certain items - especially weapons - will be used in a lot of different situations and it's ideal if the object in question can look like it fits into them all - even if it's just a case of an alternative texture set being the same with a few scratches on it. They can be used for displays, parades, warfare, being found in old wrecks and all sorts of things, that way.

• DolbomirDolbomir Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

drakken3d said:
    @Dolbomir

I try to make at least one ACOG and a laser scope or something similar + a few other enhancements.

very cool :lol:

Just saw, that i have some more cool weapon designs there, which are definitely looking more 'post-apocalyptic'. So maybe after this machine gun i will do three of them as well … so many projects to do :)

hmmm that sounds like a bundle? ;-P

edited December 1969

added a few things, still heavily wip though…

Wip03.jpg
    602 x 473 - 49K
    Wip02.JPG
    720 x 520 - 41K
    edited December 1969

Ok, here we have a tactical reflex scope, ACOG and silencer.

Next step is to UV and texture that thing. :)

Merry x-mas and happy holidays, btw!

Wip06.jpg
    720 x 654 - 59K
    Wip05.jpg
    414 x 230 - 24K
    Wip04.jpg
    596 x 698 - 57K
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839
    edited December 1969

And what is making this gun 'post-apocalyptic'? Everything about its visuals indicates an extensive well-working manufacturing and support base.

edited December 1969

To be honest right now not much. Maybe one of the textures will push it more to the post-apocalyptic. I f not it will still fit into near future / urban warfare and the next three designs i will do are definitely for post-apocalyptic.

Sorry for the confusion with this gun...

edited December 1969

I started texturing and here are the variations i will include: One plain black version, one Urban / Snow Camo, Woodland Camo, Desert Camo, Jungle Camo + used versions of those (scratches, dirt etc) which i have to create over the next days. I will also include one texture that looks heavily used / worn.

The textures shown on the image will be used for the "brand new" versions. There are no bump maps, spec maps, reflection maps or decals right now, i just wanted to show you my progress.

Wish you all a happy new year!

cheers

Wip07.jpg
    313 x 1000 - 86K
    edited January 2014

So here are three 'New' versions: Nighthunter, Girlpower and Woodland Camo.

Wip10.jpg
    720 x 480 - 60K
    Wip09.jpg
    720 x 480 - 60K
    Wip08.jpg
    720 x 480 - 51K
    Post edited by drakken3d on
    edited December 1969

Next…

Wip13.jpg
    720 x 480 - 69K
    Wip12.jpg
    720 x 480 - 63K
    Wip11.jpg
    720 x 480 - 72K
    edited December 1969

Woodland and Girlpower were too dark…

Wip15.jpg
    720 x 480 - 60K
    Wip14.jpg
    720 x 480 - 65K
    edited December 1969

Heh! I can see some amusing renders being done with that bright pink version!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Let me chime in and ask a question or two. In my work I need weapons that pose, as in can the Trigger be pulled? Does the body simulate slide action for loading and or firing shots? Does it at least have a full eject setting for High fire rates and spent shell renders?

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Umm... technically speaking, a weapon that size and magazine fed would be either a carbine or a submachinegun. It's not called a machinegun in English unless it's belt fet. :)

edited December 1969

@Xenomorphine

I definitely hope so :)

@Jaderail
    Trigger can be pulled, extension can be pulled out as well. I have not modeled an interior yet, but i can do this so the sliding action could be simulated via a morph.

Could you please explain 'full eject setting' a bit further?

@Valandar
    Thanks, no native speaker here. Changed the title.

Anarchy Texture...

Wip16.jpg
    720 x 480 - 74K