XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

GRFK DSGN Unlimited said:

If the scaling is needed, couldn't you just create a control property with just those dials spun so that they'll be carried over?

Not sure if this is aimed at me... Not sure how to 'create a control property'... and yes.. I can manually adjust the numbers but that defeats the purpose of buying the Xtransfer.  I'm gonna play some more today.  I was too tired last night to work on it any more.  :)

Update... I had a chance to play today... and I Xtransfered all 6 of my ladies and the same thing is happening with ALL of them... The Yscale is not transfering over on the CHEST UPPER... CHEST LOWER... ABDOMEN UPPER... and ABDOMEN LOWER... the X and Z numbers transfer just fine.  I'm going to try and make a completely new character with G3 and see if I have the same issue.  It bugs me that I can't figure this out.  Like I said..."although my converted G3 characters are not EXACT for G8... they are passable." :)

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Llola Lane said:

Update... I had a chance to play today... and I Xtransfered all 6 of my ladies and the same thing is happening with ALL of them... The Yscale is not transfering over on the CHEST UPPER... CHEST LOWER... ABDOMEN UPPER... and ABDOMEN LOWER... the X and Z numbers transfer just fine.  I'm going to try and make a completely new character with G3 and see if I have the same issue.  It bugs me that I can't figure this out.  Like I said..."although my converted G3 characters are not EXACT for G8... they are passable." :)

It is very odd because, after Zev0 remarked that there was no scale parameter to transfer, I looked and he's right yet I am certain that I unchecked one that specified "scale" in the XTransfer panel list and my figure transferred correctly. I even mentioned it in my reply here in this thread. Perhaps look down that list before you hit the do it button?

marble said:

Llola Lane said:

It is very odd because, after Zev0 remarked that there was no scale parameter to transfer, I looked and he's right yet I am certain that I unchecked one that specified "scale" in the XTransfer panel list and my figure transferred correctly. I even mentioned it in my reply here in this thread. Perhaps look down that list before you hit the do it button?

I will have to look this weekend... I don't see a 'scale' option... I won't be about tomorrow to play.  Thanks for the help... I will make do :)

• Zev0 said:

... where is this Tamara character? I do not see it in the store.

I would like to convert it and send you the video.

Here it be: https://www.daz3d.com/tamara-character-and-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2021

Hi. Here I converted Tamara. At first I just favorited Tamara for conversion, but for some reason it didn't pick up Josie 7 Iris morph which was a requirement for Tamara, and linked to Josie 7's head. So to be sure I got it all second time around, I favorited Josie 7 and Tamara and conversion came out fine. If a character requires another, I'd make sure that required character is converted as well just to be safe. Here I did it in one go.

just Tamara.JPG
    818 x 864 - 63K
    TJ.JPG
    817 x 867 - 216K
    overlap1.JPG
    1653 x 1186 - 122K
    overlap 2.JPG
    1649 x 940 - 265K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2021

Oh now this is weird. All the Xtransfer paramters that were created as I used this script have now disappeared. I have not updated DAZ Studio. Nor have I deleted anything manulally. All gone. What a complete waste of time and effort!

I check the data folders here:

~\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\

No xtransfer folders in there. All gone.

Post edited by marble on

The only way it can ever be removed is if it was manually deleted or moved by the user.

edited September 2021

Zev0 said:

The only way it can ever be removed is if it was manually deleted or moved by the user.

Not so. I am not lying. I did not remove those folders.

The only thing I have done since creating those XTransfer characters is install three products from DAZ - Underbelly, Floyd and Vladimir. I can only imagine that somehow one of those corrupted the data folder.

Anyhow, I am not risking wasting more time on this so I have uninstalled XTransfer and will request a refund.

Post edited by marble on

yes

• Zev0 said:

Hi. Here I converted Tamara. At first I just favorited Tamara for conversion, but for some reason it didn't pick up Josie 7 Iris morph which was a requirement for Tamara, and linked to Josie 7's head. So to be sure I got it all second time around, I favorited Josie 7 and Tamara and conversion came out fine. If a character requires another, I'd make sure that required character is converted as well just to be safe. Here I did it in one go.

Oh, cool. Thanks for your time investigating this issue and informing me of the workaround.

And now you have a test case to use in fixing the bug in the future when you return to the project.

I had another instance of a morph controller not picking up a dependency morph, that could also be a useful test case.

It was the Trapezius morph in the G3 female musculature product. I'll send you the details on that later. But for now, I'll say that the problem may have had something to do with the fact that the makers of that product had to make one morph controller for the trapazuis to go in the "Back" muscle group, and another controller for the trapezius to go in the "Neck" muscle group. Perhaps XTransfer got "confused" by the "redundant" controllers.

• I was able to use this product previously without issue, but I noticed when I tried again today I am getting the resource error message "you must save Figure/Prop Assests before you can save Morph Asset(s)."  This error crashes the program at 85% of saving morphs.  If I click OK on the error window, it reloads the error message.  The only way out of the program is to close Daz Studio with windows task manager.  I also noticed if I load Daz studio and try to apply the G8 morph, the left half of the morph is heavily distored. 

Can you give me some direction on how to solve this problem?

Hi. Was the transfer session interrupted? eg was studio minimized or placed in background over a browser? That is the only time a morph transfer gets corrupted mainly. Also, how many morphs were being transferred when this happened?

• Zev0 said:

Hi. Was the transfer session interrupted? eg was studio minimized or placed in background over a browser? That is the only time a morph transfer gets corrupted mainly. Also, how many morphs were being transferred when this happened?

The transfer was not interrupted.  I only transfer one character morph at a time so I can check if the morph transferred correctly.     

Did you retry the morph? What morph is this so I can try on my side.

• Zev0 said:

Did you retry the morph? What morph is this so I can try on my side.

I've retried the morphs. Either Genesis 3 female or victoria 7 based don't work for me.  The base Victoria 7 morph even doesn't transfer correctly.

And you sure you have version 1.3 of the product?

• Zev0 said:

And you sure you have version 1.3 of the product?

I do have version 1.3.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling xtransfer with DIM.  I still get the same result.  I noticed the transfer process can complete with G3 female based morphs, but the G8 female morph is distorted.  I still get the resource error message at 85%, but I can click OK and the processs completes.  

G3 morphs that are Victoria 7 based tend to get a resource error message that freezes the transfer at 85% and I can't complete the process.  The G8 morph under this situation is more distorted than the above situation.  

• clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 128
    edited November 2021

i got this yesterday but i haven't had much luck with it so far.

i have tried a few figures and each of them caused a DS crash + corrupted startup, except for one - Penelope, which gives me the rather weird result shown in the pic.

left figure is what i actually got, right figure is what i expected to get.

this one also shut down DS upon completion, but unlike the others it didn't bring up the crash requester - (so is that normal, is it meant to shut down DS when it's finished?)

any ideas what's going wrong?

XT_Penelope_01.jpg
    910 x 800 - 315K
    Post edited by clivewil2 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Oh, my, the poor thing looks mangled in a fire or a threshing machine.

• yeah, she has seen better days, poor thing.

i bought XTransfer mainly to convert a G3M called George to G8, and i'm happy to report that that particular figure *did* convert completely and correctly, as far as i can tell.

so - XT did do what i bought it for, and therefore i'll keep it.

but i'm still interested as to why it misbehaved on the other figures though, and why it decided to flame grille half of poor Penelope who never hurt anybody.

• My issue is it always bricks on the very last phase i.e. "clearing the scene"/"deleting objects". it actually converts 1 morph itself in ~1min, so I'm not sure how it gets stuck at clearing the scene of all things, but it gets stuck on this phase for 20+ mins every conversion no matter the amount of morphs and I eventually just decide to force quit daz altogether. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

• chris24gonzy said:

My issue is it always bricks on the very last phase i.e. "clearing the scene"/"deleting objects". it actually converts 1 morph itself in ~1min, so I'm not sure how it gets stuck at clearing the scene of all things, but it gets stuck on this phase for 20+ mins every conversion no matter the amount of morphs and I eventually just decide to force quit daz altogether. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

I assume it is reloading the figure, and that does require clearing the old one out - if you have a lot of morphs (or rather properties with relations to other properties) then that can take a while, in my experience even linger than just clearing the scene to shut down though others don't see that.

"My issue is it always bricks on the very last phase i.e. "clearing the scene"/"deleting objects"."

Hi. It is not stuck, it is clearing two figures in a scene, so it takes a while based on how many morphs are populated on your figures.

• edited December 2021

Hi, I have a problem

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • How do you install your content?

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

Feel a bit duped by this product. The description implies that I can transfer the morphs of a G3 figure to a G8 figure, but in reality this isn't transferring the look of a specific character, just the morphs themselves. I suppose there is some functionality in having morphs transferred, but it's useless (apparently) to take a customized G3 character, with scores of morphs dialed in, and making a G8 character look the same.

edited December 2021

Hi. If you create a Custom Character dial that uses all your morphs you can use that and transfer. There are plenty of tutorials of how to create a custom property dial. If not there is always this which will do it for you-

https://www.daz3d.com/dial-fusion-for-genesis-2-to-81

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

..hokay.  Have XTransfer in the cart and before clicking .the Proceed to Payment button took a quick trip through the thread here.  I am not so much into transferring all my characters to G8 as I am morphs and shapes that I used in character creation save for a few toon and stylised ones like 3DU's offerings). I have a number of different morph resource kits both for G3 and G2 that I routinely use and a few characters I use as a base. I must say the diversity of base characters for G8 far outdoes any previous Genesis generation (believe it or not I rarely use the core "stable" (Vicky Mike, Aiko). 

Originally I had purchased the G8 to G3 character converter but had all sorts of trouble with it, It's a long story so I'll just mention after finally getting it to work (I have a custom Library/Runtime setup which seems to be part of the issue) that the results were not quite what I expected.  So after reading through what people have done here for a number of pages and also having GenX2 I realise I can transfer older morphs as well as characters from all Genesis generations.

I had stopped at G3 because I do a lot of custom character design and the cost to repurchase all the resource material for G8 to get it the level where I have G3 at is beyond my means.  However XTransfer sounds lie the better solution to move to G8 yet maintain my vast collection of morphs and shapes I use for character design. 

One of my question is expression morphs, can those be transferred as well?  I have several that go with specific characters (primarily 3DU ones) which I use.