Strange UI problem

Hey all...

This problem popped up out of nowhere, no clue why...

For my workspace, I have my content tab docked on the right side of the screen, but for some reason as I try to go thru my list its "pushed" far into the screen and I am not able to view my items. This happens in "list" view, the others seem to work ok but I dont like it in tree or side by side view. There seems to be a huge blank space to the left of the beginning of the content, and there is no way to scroll or move thru the list. Even worse, as I make a selection from the list, it pushes the list farther into the right, deeper out of touch.

Anyone else experience this and know a fix? its driving me pineapple =/

Comments

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

try this
    there is a script on main library
    library\Scripts\Utilities >

"Update and Merge Menus.dse"

or change to another layout and come back to the same layout

• MatCreatorMatCreator Posts: 215

Dont know how to do the script thing, but have tried changing layouts, reset to default settings, resetting layout and preferences to default settings, but the content tab always goes back to pushed in to the right, no matter what =/

Its as annoying as it gets, tree and side by side just dont comply with me...

Again, this is something new that "just started". It was fine a few days ago.

• cm152335 said:

try this
    there is a script on main library
    library\Scripts\Utilities >

"Update and Merge Menus.dse"

or change to another layout and come back to the same layout

That has been moved to the Window>Workspace menu, though I'm not sure it is relevant here.

Dont know how to do the script thing, but have tried changing layouts, reset to default settings, resetting layout and preferences to default settings, but the content tab always goes back to pushed in to the right, no matter what =/

Its as annoying as it gets, tree and side by side just dont comply with me...

Again, this is something new that "just started". It was fine a few days ago.

This is a known issue, though I think hard to reproduce and so to fix (though - are you using 4.11.0.383?).

what are you set here? (see pic)

trew view.jpg
    999 x 660 - 218K

I am using "list" view as shown... As I am taking the screen grabs, the content seems "ok for now", but its been getting pushed in to the right where I cant see any items to make selections. It doesnt allow me to scroll either. When the problem is present, the content area is filled with blank space and no way to adjust it...

Screenshot (1).png
    716 x 597 - 54K
    Screenshot (2).png
    602 x 614 - 56K
    edited July 2019

visualy all sound "normal"
    extend the weight of the window to show more 
    click with mouse on the third colum, automaticaly the view center on what you click

other way to navigate on tree 
    under the selection you got a slider to move right >>>>
    another way are arrows key's of your keyboards

trew view2.jpg
    618 x 711 - 134K
    Post edited by cm152335 on

Yes, I tried extending the window, even maximized to fill the screen, but the "blank: space consumes all of it, and thats why the slider isnt present to take advantage of that either.

I dont think its a video card issue, because I assume other areas of the UI would be out of whack as well, but its ONLY the content (or at least thats the only area Ive noticed) section thats acting up.

It seems ok for now, but its been off and on for the past few days, I cant determine the cause of the problem, or how it decided to fix itself either.

I truly appreciate the advice and help.

• As I said above, this does seem to be an issue for some people - please report it if you are using 4.11.0.383, or better check in the Public Build for 4.12.0.33

consider it done.

thanks, the help and advice is greatly appreciated =)