Clothes and Props Not Loading

deyhaughndeyhaughn Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I am really new to this all... But I bought Aiko 3, and after a look of confusion just find the content in Daz, things seemed to be going well. Then, I stopped being able to add clothes or props to Aiko. I haven't made any changes to the model, I've tried restarting everything, but alas, things just won't load into the scene. Any ideas?

Comments

• deyhaughndeyhaughn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Also, what does the scroll icon on certain items in the content library mean?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,693
    edited December 1969

Are you sure you are loading the models and not material files? If you make sure nothing is selected (click on an empty area of the viewport) and then try loading the clothes does DS tell you an item in the scene needs to be selected? If so it's a preset or pose, not the actual model.

edited December 1969

deyhaughn said:
    Also, what does the scroll icon on certain items in the content library mean?

Ah, definitely a material - that means there's a hidden DAZ Studio file that will be used instead of the Poser file shown in the content pane - which should give better results.

You are probably in the Pose library - go to the Figure library to find the models.

• deyhaughndeyhaughn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much. You really improved my afternoon. It is no fun to be new.

edited December 1969

Actually I was a little too emphatic there - although it's almost always the materials (and sometimes lights and cameras) that have the scroll you will come across the odd case when a figure or prop has it - for example Victoria and Michael 4 where it is used to launch an option dialogue and some props and figures where it loads the item and then applies the default materials. But in general only the Figure, Prop, Hair and Scene folders under the Poser Formats heading load models, all the others are settings of some kind.