Scene rotation

vindazivindazi Posts: 667

How do I get the scene to rotate on the selected object as oppose to the  whole scene.

Comments

• pbaddhanpbaddhan Posts: 127

If you click on the camera in the scene tab and then click on the parameters tab, you will see an option that says "point at". Click this option and select the object you want the camera to "point at". The camera will now rotate around that object.

• Note that this is orbiting the viewpoint, not rotating the scene in truth - but it may well be what you want.

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667

Thanks

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

First select the object in the scene you want to orbit around and then you have options to Frame to the selection by pressing Ctrl+F or Aim at the selection by pressing Ctrl+Shift+A with the current view you have selected in the top right corner of the viewport that could be a camera or the default Prespective view. The Frame or Aim command will set the origin or focus point of the current view and if you then orpbit it will orbit aroud the selection.

You can use the View Controls in the upper right corner of the viewport to Frame/Aim and Orbit the view or use the use Mouse Button Modifier Keys for viewport navigation. I don't remember the default shrotcuts but you could try holding down some of the modifier keys like Ctrl, Shift and Alt and combinations of those, then also press some left/right mouse button and finaly move the mouse to try the default Mouse Button Modifier Keys.

You can also find the default shortcut settings in the Window>Workspace>Customize dialog or open it with pressing F3. See the Viewport Navigation guide I made with everything in one picture.

How to Customize Daz Studio - to speed up Workflow!? [WIP]