LAMH Real Fur and Black Panthers for DAZ Big Cats 2: requirements and hints

13»

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    Does the player work better than the full version? Maybe I'll download the player and use that until the full version is updated again, maybe I'll have better luck.
    On my system the NEW Player works properly now, with all presets. .lmh and .duf versions. BC2 presets and all other presets I have collected or made.
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Ok, I'm slightly confused, I deleted the LAMH folder and dll for the main program in the plugins in the programs file folder, do I need to delete the LAMH folder in my content folder? Also, I downloaded the newest player update and all that is in the zip is the dll file, do I need to install the store player first?

edited December 1969

Guess the dll was all that was needed, very excited, first successful attempt with the big cat 2, I'll stick with the plugin till the full player is updated

image.jpg
    668 x 668 - 118K
    edited December 1969

The DLL is the full Player. It can be opened from Windows>Panes(Tabs)>LAMH to use the interface.

edited December 1969

Ok, I just thought I was missing something, I'm just glad the updated player finally let me try out the fur

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Well it was just a funny thought!

Next you guys need to work on a dynamic system that will allow us to use obj's for draping, then DAZ Studio will be more formidable than ever.

A teaser. Is this in the direction you were wanting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5kG78L86W8&feature=youtu.be

Kendall

edited December 1969

WANT!! Want Now... can I have it now? Maybe NOW? Okay maybe not right now but what about NOW?

LOOKS great. Can not, really, wait to see more.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Kendall: now that is cool...Trish

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Next you guys need to work on a dynamic system that will allow us to use obj's for draping, then DAZ Studio will be more formidable than ever.

Kendall

You are such a tease :P *waits more or less patiently*

edited December 1969

I just wanted to show you my new baby with fur.....Here kitty kitty kitty....Trish

lion1a.jpg
    941 x 941 - 413K
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 1969

Awesome Trish! You got the fur to work. I've just gone through and read all of the threads on the presets and challenges including yours. I'm glad you were able to fix whatever was going on so you could make a furry big cat :)

The other Trish

edited December 2013

Two of us WOW...Trish said that no not that Trish the other one....LOL Yes it took awhile and I had help from the( Big Blue Guy) but it works great now!!!! It was my fault for not understanding what was being said and then being stubborn about it.....It would not work with the full LAMH product and the new player installed at the same time....and I did not want to get rid of the full product...but I had to....now Kendall said they are fixing the full Product and it will be out soon..... which means I will be able to create my own hair on other items.....The other Trish P.S. here are the panthers but I can not get the lighting right...but they are cute

brothers.jpg
    1300 x 731 - 525K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Two of us WOW...Trish said that no not that Trish the other one....LOL Yes it took awhile and I had help from the( Big Blue Guy) but it works great now!!!! It was my fault for not understanding what was being said and then being stubborn about it.....It would not work with the full LAMH product and the new player installed at the same time....and I did not want to get rid of the full product...but I had to....now Kendall said they are fixing the full Product and it will be out soon..... which means I will be able to create my own hair on other items.....The other Trish P.S. here are the panthers but I can not get the lighting right...but they are cute

Yes, we are indeed close about releasing a major LAMH update. Great render, those panthers look really nice.

edited December 2013

Thank You Alessandro: I like my kitty's they are fun to play with....

Post edited by Trish on
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 1969

P.S. here are the panthers but I can not get the lighting right...but they are cute

I like them!

I'm still having a few issues with my renders with fur but the crashing has stopped with the most recent beta update as long as I render the cat and hair by themselves.

The other, other Trish ;)

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited January 2014

I'm coming to grips with the Fiberhair and getting pretty good results with it in Vue Infinite 2014. I still need to deal with the specular coloring while using translucence which is causing the to yellow highlights where the light hits. This image is also using the Yosemite pack for lighting and background in Vue for this test.

test-final.jpg
    729 x 503 - 425K
    Post edited by Blaine91555 on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Kendall

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! WOW^2. I want it!! I want see/read/know more about it too.

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the White Tiger! Very cool. :coolsmile:

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I love these products, but I'm having a problem when I have two cats in the same scene. As you can see, the fur on the second cat isn't "following" the cat. I have the most recent public beta (full version) and I have no problems with 1 cat. I've tried reinstalling, creating a new scene, restarting DS and my PC... Still get this result. The fur "sticks" to the cat in the preview, just not in the final render. Suggestions?

FurScreen.jpg
    801 x 708 - 311K
    Fur.jpg
    800 x 666 - 127K
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

I love these products, but I'm having a problem when I have two cats in the same scene. As you can see, the fur on the second cat isn't "following" the cat. I have the most recent public beta (full version) and I have no problems with 1 cat. I've tried reinstalling, creating a new scene, restarting DS and my PC... Still get this result. The fur "sticks" to the cat in the preview, just not in the final render. Suggestions?

We are not seeing this behaviour. Please open a thread on the LAMH forums or contact me through email (krsears at trdc.biz) so that we can get relevant information from you.

Kendall

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited January 2014

We are not seeing this behaviour. Please open a thread on the LAMH forums or contact me through email (krsears at trdc.biz) so that we can get relevant information from you.

Kendall
    Thanks for the reply. But, good news! I tried the one thing I hadn't done yet -- reinstalling DS. That fixed it. I have no idea why it was doing that, but it appears it was a weird DS issue and has now resolved itself!

Post edited by Karibou on