LAMH Real Fur and Black Panthers for DAZ Big Cats 2: requirements and hints

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811
    edited December 2013

ok added beta player to my 32 bit DS4.6 as to not overwrite my full current version LAMH 64 bit (and kept the original dll)
    maybe curves work but no good for animation, crashes
    actually all my renders crash using 3Ddelight
    and openGL render works with just the curve representations and shows what happens, it lags
    really need rigged geometry for animation
    might do the occasional still render if I feel like it and get it to work but not my thing, prob not going to bother

I love LAMH for creating geometric fibremesh fur and use it a lot but as I do not use Daz studio or do still renders probably not going to use these furs much unless I can convert to geometry.
    I cannot download full beta as my email address has changed since I bought LAMH and I had enough issues with my new usb modem on registration on that version so will wait till all is updated in store.
    Just put my furs on ice until then.

update renaming the dll to dll.bak as suggested in 64 bit and sticking the player one in worked so can at least render my furrred cats as stills

64bit.png
    871 x 765 - 216K
    tiger.gif
    800 x 450 - 4M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

so 1.07 is the latest RC for LAMH? I'll have to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps, I downloaded it hoping it would work about a week or two ago but still got crashing when trying to load a few of the products I got here that had the presets, but I never actually uninstalled, I just deleted the old files and copied the new ones in. I bought the big cat 2 as well as the LAMH set last night but have yet to download them, i'm hoping the panther will be on sale a few more days, I am debating on getting that as well.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404
    edited December 1969

Hello

I have the LAMH plugin installed (last version beta) and the free palyer

I have trhe Big cat 2 and today i have purchase the LAMH fur for this big cat

I don't know why DAZ Studio dispaly a fatal error and quit when i use some of the breeds (Lion for ex) but not for others (puma for ex)
    Another example :first time i use Tiger fur my DAZStudio close during loading but second tiome it was ok

By the way when the fur is loded ok the render is excellent Nice fur

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Martial said:
    Hello

I don't know why DAZ Studio dispaly a fatal error and quit when i use some of the breeds (Lion for ex) but not for others (puma for ex)
    Another example :first time i use Tiger fur my DAZStudio close during loading but second tiome it was ok

Hi,
    please check out that you are using latest LAMH Player beta (1.07.7P). You can check that from DAZ->About Installed Plugins, or clicking on the tiny LAMH Icon in the LAMH Pane available in DS.
    See if helps, instead of loading the Lion Preset .duf, to load the Lion plain figure (without fur), and 'Attach' the lion .lmh preset available in your My DAZ 3D Library->Animals->DAZ Big Cat 2->Breeds->AM->lion.lmh

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 2013

Martial said:
    Hello

Make sure that you only have the latest player BETA (soon to be in the store updated but not yet) that is linked to at the start of the thread. But here's the link again: http://www.furrythings.com/lamh-player/

you need to go there to get THAT VERSION of player for the cats fur to work :) Not the older player from the store or the full version right now.

EDIT: Alessandro beat me hee hee

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan i can't wait to play... too much work in real life to do first.... might take a sanity break to play with them tho or i'll go crazy ;)

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Martial said:
    Hello

Make sure that if you have the 1.07 Beta full loaded that the player dll is not installed. The player is for those who don't own LAMH. the 1.07 RCs include the player.

Also, the Octane Plugin can cause problems for LAMH and vice versa. We are working with them on a fix.

Kendall

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Make sure that if you have the 1.07 Beta full loaded that the player dll is not installed. The player is for those who don't own LAMH. the 1.07 RCs include the player.

Kendall

After uninstall the player and install the latest beta, all cats loads fine.

TigerTest.png
    650 x 845 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I can't load anything without studio crashing either, I saved the crash report to my computer

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    I can't load anything without studio crashing either, I saved the crash report to my computer

Hi, as Kendall said above:

"Make sure that if you have the 1.07 Beta full loaded that the player dll is not installed. The player is for those who don’t own LAMH. the 1.07 RCs include the player.

Also, the Octane Plugin can cause problems for LAMH and vice versa. We are working with them on a fix."

Please try that and let me know if it fix it for you.

edited December 1969

I have the beta fully loaded but I did not see the player dll in the plugins only the lamhplugin

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    I have the beta fully loaded but I did not see the player dll in the plugins only the lamhplugin

I don't understand, can you email me your DS log file to check what's going on? Isn't that you perhaps have multiple lamhPlugin dll files in your plugins folder?

edited December 1969

I'll email the log, I only have 1 dll file

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 2013

I had a bit of an oddness today. The latest LAMH full RC kept crashing the latest DS public beta running on Mac OS Lion when trying to load several several big cat 2 presets (tried male lion, hyena, regular panther). In between those attempts I tried adding a LAMH hair object to e.g. a sphere and those attempts worked great and rendering wasn't a problem either. Then I tried to load the mouse by Joe Quick. It succeeded and curiously afterwards I was able to load the big cat 2 presets. So apparently it resolved itself for me, though I am not sure why and how.

I still got the latest crash log, but as the issue resolved itself, I wouldn't be able to reproduce this anymore. Nevertheless I could mail the log if it would be helpful in this case - unless this is known.

Post edited by Renpatsu on
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    I had a bit of an oddness today. The latest LAMH full RC kept crashing the latest DS public beta running on Mac OS Lion when trying to load several several big cat 2 presets (tried male lion, hyena, regular panther). In between those attempts I tried adding a LAMH hair object to e.g. a sphere and those attempts worked great and rendering wasn't a problem either. Then I tried to load the mouse by Joe Quick. It succeeded and curiously afterwards I was able to load the big cat 2 presets. So apparently it resolved itself for me, though I am not sure why and how.

I still got the latest crash log, but as the issue resolved itself, I wouldn't be able to reproduce this anymore. Nevertheless I could mail the log if it would be helpful in this case - unless this is known.

The log file would indeed help. If you like you can email it at: info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace "_at_" with "@")

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Really love the way the fur looks, am waiting to see if I can get LAMH (full) to work before purchasing it...

Does anyone know if this Big Cat 2 fur and other LAMH presets will work or maybe work better with this latest release of DS 4.6.1.39? Kendall has been trying to help me sort out why I'm having problems, and have gotten a few of the older presets to work... -Cathy

• MartialMartial Posts: 404
    edited December 1969

I have verify the version of the plugin which was installed :1.0.7.0
    and the error log was
    Extension Manager 6.0.8 Update
    Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7
    I go to the site with my password and download which i thought is the last version and install it and got version 1.0.6.7
    But with this version Lion King and others except tiger are loading correctly

If i have the complete plugin it is true i don't need to install the free player ? I have installed it and may be it is a conflix with the plugin

edited December 1969

Martial said:
    I have verify the version of the plugin which was installed :1.0.7.0
    and the error log was
    Extension Manager 6.0.8 Update
    Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7
    I go to the site with my password and download which i thought is the last version and install it and got version 1.0.6.7
    But with this version Lion King and others except tiger are loading correctly

If i have the complete plugin it is true i don't need to install the free player ? I have installed it and may be it is a conflix with the plugin

If it says 1.0.6.7, then yes that is the player. You should disinstall it, and install the 1.07.03 RC (full version).

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

BTW, I see that there is a new release of studio. DS4.6.1.39. Will the updated plugin work with this, or should we avoid it until everything attains parity?

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    BTW, I see that there is a new release of studio. DS4.6.1.39. Will the updated plugin work with this, or should we avoid it until everything attains parity?

I'm using the latest update and everything seems to be working fine.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There is NOW a LAMH Support thread found HERE please post all LAMH questions there.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34012/

edited December 1969

New LAMH Player 1.07.00P Beta is out at the following link: http://www.furrythings.com/lamh-player/

Please make sure to read details and instructions.
    For support requests please contact us at: [email protected], including:

- the DAZ Studio log file (menu Help->TroubleShooting->View Log File)
    - the LAMH log file, found in your /Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/logFile.txt

Thanks

edited December 1969

Just tested, It does seem to have fixed all the errors was seeing in the other Player. Can not wait until you get LAMH full to this level.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I had a funny thought about the full version... what if DAZ were to buy it and make it fully integrated into DAZ Studio 5?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I had a funny thought about the full version... what if DAZ were to buy it and make it fully integrated into DAZ Studio 5?

Not gonna happen. :-D

We've big plans for LAMH and Infinito and other really great things to come.

1.07 Full is really, really close.

Kendall

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Would be a nice feature, but the support might get a bit iffy. And it seems to be a plugin that needs support.

edited December 1969

Well it was just a funny thought!

Next you guys need to work on a dynamic system that will allow us to use obj's for draping, then DAZ Studio will be more formidable than ever.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Next you guys need to work on a dynamic system that will allow us to use obj's for draping, then DAZ Studio will be more formidable than ever.

Get out of my head!!!! :-D :-D

Kendall

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

KendallAll this PLUS ONE for Sure, like Now please.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Kendall

NOPE, not gonna! lol

and then next ............. I'll be quiet, don't want to get the natives in an uproar! ;-)~

edited December 1969

Does the player work better than the full version? Maybe I'll download the player and use that until the full version is updated again, maybe I'll have better luck.