A couple of questions about Genesis, poses and scaling

jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I noticed that some of the genesis poses i've picked up revert my custom characters back to their original scale (say, if i changed it for height purposes, or lengthened the limbs, or in the case of hitomi, it changes the entire body to hitomi base, no matter what other morphs i've applied) -- basically, i lose all my scaling if i use one of those pose presets.

i've had a look at the pose file in a text editor, but i've no idea what to change -- i know it must be possible to save a pose without scaling info, since three or four of the pose packs i have actually work without altering my morphs, etc., at all.

also, when i dial the basic child morph, it always changes the head morph, and i can't remove/negative dial the child head, like i can with most of the other shapes, when i just want one or the other (head/body), so i lose my custom character morph...

this is on DS4 pro 4.0.3.47

am i just not looking in the right place, or can someone give me an idea of how to fix it?

thanks!

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Have you tried holding down CTRL when applying the pose? You can then tell it to ignore morphs/scaling by unchecking the appropriate boxes.

201207031440_pose_scaling.png
    335 x 468 - 16K
  • jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

hey, wow, that worked! at least for the scaling thing.
    thanks so much! i was hoping it was something simple like that. i've done that for texture stuff before, but i never thought of using it on a pose preset.

guess there's no way to alter the basic child head, though, huh?

but it's so great to be able to post something here and get such a fast answer! just like the old days, haha!

thanks again!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

JEEZ. That saves me alot of trouble. Thanks. I was wondering about this.

• edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Have you tried holding down CTRL when applying the pose? You can then tell it to ignore morphs/scaling by unchecking the appropriate boxes.

I'm glad there's a work around. There should be an option to omit scaling and morph information when saving a pose, and I don't mean the clumsy control in place where you must set options for each body part. Thats just broken design.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

adamr001 said:

Is there a way to bring this panel up without applying a pose preset?

Somehow (and from notning I've done manuallt/intentionally) my saved character file suddenly has many morph control paremeters set with limits turned off - and it's a pain. Things like Eyes Side-Side, Up-Down, etc., but there are others.

• The pose creator saved scaling with the pose. You can just lock your character's scale which is what I do. Then poses can't revert it

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224
    edited September 2021

Hmmm... thanks for the help, but my problem lies elsewhere. My saved character (not the character preset, but scene-save) has many morph limits turned off somehow by default. Morphs that I prefer to have limits turned on.

I'm not sure how they got unlocked - I sure didn't do it on purpose. But there's a lot of them. I'm wondering if there's a way that I can just turn all morph dials' limits back on. Not all of them have been turned off - but quite a few. Like Eyes side-to-side, up and down, etc., and others.

I think I may have applied a pose, let it turn off limits, then got rid of the pose and saved the file. Bummer.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on