NGM and NBM for V4

igosduikanaigosduikana Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello guys, i am new to DAz3d, i recently purchased NGB anb NBM for v4,
but i really do not understand how to apply them to the scene (*____* )??
First i pose my model, apply textures etc, then through smart content i try to apply NBM or NGM , but nothing happens... at least on the model itself... i guess i am doing something wrong.
I tried to look for a video tutor on YouTube but did not find any so far.

Would be very grateful for any help and advice (^0^)/
Thank you in advance!
ilya

(i use DS4.6)

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 2013

Hello guys, i am new to DAz3d, i recently purchased NGB anb NBM for v4,
    but i really do not understand how to apply them to the scene (*____* )??
    First i pose my model, apply textures etc, then through smart content i try to apply NBM or NGM , but nothing happens... at least on the model itself... i guess i am doing something wrong.
    I tried to look for a video tutor on YouTube but did not find any so far.

Would be very grateful for any help and advice (^0^)/
    Thank you in advance!
    ilya

(i use DS4.6)

Links would be nice ;-)

http://www.daz3d.com/nbm-for-v4

According to the product page:

,,,Natural Breast Movement for Victoria 4 has a total of 102 morphs!

They can be manipulated by control dials at the Body and Chest, groups have been added to ease the navigation through all these morphs so you can find the one you want without spending a lot of time and effort.

edit: http://www.daz3d.com/ngm-for-v4
    This appears to be a product in which one will find the items in the Poser runtime under poses. [Can be accessed via Content Library - everything can be accessed via Content Library - "smart content" isn't always so.]

NGM INJ/REM Files For Victoria 4
    1 Pose File to Reset the NGM Dials.
    8 Specially Designed SEED Breast Morphs For Victoria 4
    4 Pose Files of Extra Breast Shapes

After applying the INJ pose, there would then be the dial appearing on the Parameters Tab. Normally the correct body part has to be selected first in order for these to work.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

Another important part is these sets only work on the Generation 4 Victoria figure V4. They do not work on the Genesis Victoria 4 shape.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • igosduikanaigosduikana Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the fast reply guys!!! ^---^
    Well i thought these morphs are applied automatically , i did not know i need to perform manual settings... i see...

Also about V4 figure... Generation 4 Victoria figure V4 and the Genesis Victoria 4 shape. are not they the same thing?
    (*------*) i only have Victoria 4.2 Pro Bundle.... will it work on her morphs?

I think i found where the NGM v4 settings are... but still did not found NBM v4 yet....(*. *)

Please let me know if you find any more clues (^0^)/

Thank you again !!!!

Also, about rendering , do i need t get Carrara for that? it seams i can not get the same level of renders as on the gallery (T_T )

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

DAZ Studio is a learning experience. You need to learn lighting, Render Settings and much more, the same applies to Carrara. No render program is load render and get GREAT renders. They each must be learned by the user. There is no Make Art Button.

EDIT The V4 Pro set is the Proper set for the 2 morphs sets you bought, And NO Generation4 V4 figure and The Genesis V4 Morph shape are not the same things. They are 100% different Meshes which is why I asked if you were using a Gen4 V4.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the update! (^0^)
    Well i have nothing against learning experience !!! i mean, i have some knowledge from Maya rendering.... (*^ . ^ *)

i wanted to say, specifically for the "Manga style shaders" ^---^, it seams that when i apply them to the skin texture
    i can not quite make them visible in the render... ( like in the picture )

again, i am sure the solution is obvious, and i am simply doing something in a wrong order...

Screen_Shot_2013-12-09_at_19.27_.38_.png
    1280 x 779 - 363K
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the update! (^0^)
    Well i have nothing against learning experience !!! i mean, i have some knowledge from Maya rendering.... (*^ . ^ *)

i wanted to say, specifically for the "Manga style shaders" ^---^, it seams that when i apply them to the skin texture
    i can not quite make them visible in the render... ( like in the picture )

again, i am sure the solution is obvious, and i am simply doing something in a wrong order...

Did you apply them to a 'grey figure' or is there a skin set on there too?

edited December 1969

Hello^---^
    Sorry for late reply (*...*)

Yes, first i just load a character with basic skin textures...
    Then when rendering i try applying the shader for anime style skin, either double clicking on it or dragging it over the area
    i want it to be on.... Daz3d shows some loading icon... and then i have the result you saw on the screen picture (0____0 )

So i can not get those sketching effects or outline effects .....
    Thank you
    ilya

edited December 2013

Hello^---^
    Sorry for late reply (*...*)

Yes, first i just load a character with basic skin textures...
    Then when rendering i try applying the shader for anime style skin, either double clicking on it or dragging it over the area
    i want it to be on.... Daz3d shows some loading icon... and then i have the result you saw on the screen picture (0____0 )

So i can not get those sketching effects or outline effects .....
    Thank you
    ilya

Okay, I don't have those shaders, reading through the product description found this:

As well as that, there is also one Geometry Shell shader, which changes your Geometry Shell into a toon outline!

Which looks to me like what you may have applied to the figure.

edit to add: There's also supposed to be a thread in the forums for more information according to this:
    Documentation is not bundled with the product, but will be available for free on the forums..

Click here

And here's a vid on Youtube

Post edited by patience55 on