Shoe distortion issue

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or user error.  When I apply a morph to the foot the shoe follows that morph.  I am unable to correct this.  In 4.10 I was able to just simply zero out the foot morph applied to the shoe.  If there was poke through on the shoe I would simply add a smoothing modifier to the shoe and the poke through would resolve.  Sometimes I don't even see the foot morph in the shoe and when I do its locked (unable to unlock the morph) and I am unable to zero out the morph applied to the shoe.  This is no longer possible with 4.11 that I can see.  Any ideas or is this a bug? 

Shoe distortion.JPG
995 x 1847 - 138K

Comments

• More testing and you can lengthen toes in DAZ but when you export out the finished morph and load it back in with Morph loader pro it destorts the shoe.  Previously I would find the morph in the shoe and zero it out.  Any poke through you could handle by applying a smoothing modifier and it would work like a charm in 4.10.  In this case sometimes you can find the morph in the shoe but its locked and I am unable to unlock the morph and zero it out.  In some cases the morph does not appear listed under the shoe.  Seems to be an issue with 4.11.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Exporting a shape and reloading as a new morph will break any connections to joint adjustments or corrective morphs. It's best not to use this method.

• Exporting a shape and reloading as a new morph will break any connections to joint adjustments or corrective morphs. It's best not to use this method.

Hi Richard, so is there a better way?  I have been making custom morphs since I started using DAZ back in the mid 2000's with little issues.  The shoes seem to be the only issue I am having with possibly 4.11.  Joints, corrective morphs etc seem to me no issue.  I'm applying toe lengths via the Easy Feet Morphs and doing some fixing in Zbrush via Goz.  When I am happy with the result I export out of DAZ at base resolution and import back into DAZ on new character as needed.  The only time I have had any issues is with shoes.  I would simply zero the morph in the shoe and that fixed the problem in previous versions of DAZ.  This seems to not be an option with 4.11 so far as I can tell.

If you want to apply a morph is there a better way?  

• I'm not sure, my inclination would be to load the fixes as a new morph and then use ERC Freeze to link those corrections and the other properties to as ingle control slider.

• I'm not sure, my inclination would be to load the fixes as a new morph and then use ERC Freeze to link those corrections and the other properties to as ingle control slider.

I'm going to have to try that.  I will re-review my method of incorporating morphs into the figure as when I lengthen toes using the Easy Feet Morphs the shoes are unaffected.  Its only when I bring in the foot morph via Morph Loader Pro do I have an issue with the shoes.  I just purchased the tutorial "How to Create a New Custom Daz Studio Character" by Digital Art Live and Sickleyield so I can properly bring in morphs and apply them correctly to the characters.  The shoes are basically autofollowing the imported foot morph.  I just need to see if there is a way to not have that happen.  

• Problem solved and easy.........simply click on your Morph in the parameter setting tab under the morph loader to access the properties panel and un-check auto follow....Done  Credit goes to Leana in the below post.  I think this needs to be posted somewhere!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48750/shoes-fitting-them-conforming-feet

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/89/ae3b61de0465d89e40df572014ad47.jpg

• ONE CHECK MARK!!!  LOL

• faibolxfaibolx Posts: 71

Siciliano1969 said:

Problem solved and easy.........simply click on your Morph in the parameter setting tab under the morph loader to access the properties panel and un-check auto follow....Done  Credit goes to Leana in the below post.  I think this needs to be posted somewhere!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48750/shoes-fitting-them-conforming-feet

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/89/ae3b61de0465d89e40df572014ad47.jpg

Thank you, this solved my problem!

• faibolx said:

Siciliano1969 said:

Problem solved and easy.........simply click on your Morph in the parameter setting tab under the morph loader to access the properties panel and un-check auto follow....Done  Credit goes to Leana in the below post.  I think this needs to be posted somewhere!

Thank you, this solved my problem!

My pleasure!  I'm glad to see that new shoes being made don't include all those extra individual toe bones.  That is also a huge help!

• I don't understand how you solve this problem. I have tried, but nothing change. What part of morph in parameters tab I should go? Feet or shoes? FIgure? Please help me.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,067

If you mean to remove the autofollow, you would be modifying the morph you used on the figure. "Autofollow" checked means that shoes or other conforming items will morph automatically to follow the figure's morph.

• rbrunodesignrbrunodesign Posts: 9

Leana said:

If you mean to remove the autofollow, you would be modifying the morph you used on the figure. "Autofollow" checked means that shoes or other conforming items will morph automatically to follow the figure's morph.

Ok, but where I find the autofollow? In shoe? I have to import the shoe without parent with figure?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,761
    edited May 1

Autofollow is not on the shoe. It is on the morph.

It means that this morph will not be projected onto other objects fitted to the character.

And you find it by clicking the gear icon on the morph.

Post edited by felis on
  • rbrunodesignrbrunodesign Posts: 9

And after unmark autofollow, I just parent shoes to the figure, and will not have distortion?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,761

If you just parent the shoe and do not fit it to the character, you do not need to change 'autofollow'. That is only if an object is fitted to the character.

If you have made a dedicated morph for the feet, you can apply that to the foot. And if it has autofollow off objects fitted to the character will not inherit the morph (as a projected morph).