If I'd know you were coming I would have baked you an error.

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in New Users

I get the following error when I try to bake a texture on my chibi figure. Does anyone know what this means?

Baking image
Baking Chest...
WARNING: dzshaderbaker.cpp(246): Texture Baker (manual): Baked in 0 min 2.6 sec.
WARNING: dzshaderbaker.cpp(254): Texture Baker (manual): bake file name is C:/Users/Ghastly/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/Chest.bake
WARNING: dzshaderbaker.cpp(255): Texture Baker (manual): image file name is C:/Users/Ghastly/Documents/DAZ 3D/baking/Chest.tif
ERROR: 3Delight Process exited abnormally: "C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/bin/tdlmake.exe -ushort -bakeres 4096 -nomipmap C:/Users/Ghastly/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/Chest.bake C:/Users/Ghastly/Documents/DAZ 3D/baking/Chest.tif"
tdlmake: cannot open input file 'C:/Users/Ghastly/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/Chest.bake'

tdlmake: error while making texture file

WARNING: rendering\dztexturebaker.cpp(1233): AbstractTextureBaker can't find baked texture: C:/Users/Ghastly/Documents/DAZ 3D/baking/Chest.tif

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I get the following error when I try to bake a texture on my chibi figure. Does anyone know what this means?

Baking image
    Baking Chest...
    WARNING: dzshaderbaker.cpp(246): Texture Baker (manual): Baked in 0 min 2.6 sec.
    WARNING: dzshaderbaker.cpp(254): Texture Baker (manual): bake file name is C:/Users/Ghastly/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/Chest.bake
    WARNING: dzshaderbaker.cpp(255): Texture Baker (manual): image file name is C:/Users/Ghastly/Documents/DAZ 3D/baking/Chest.tif
    ERROR: 3Delight Process exited abnormally: "C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/bin/tdlmake.exe -ushort -bakeres 4096 -nomipmap C:/Users/Ghastly/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/Chest.bake C:/Users/Ghastly/Documents/DAZ 3D/baking/Chest.tif"
    tdlmake: cannot open input file 'C:/Users/Ghastly/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/Chest.bake'

tdlmake: error while making texture file

WARNING: rendering\dztexturebaker.cpp(1233): AbstractTextureBaker can't find baked texture: C:/Users/Ghastly/Documents/DAZ 3D/baking/Chest.tif

Yes ... it means it's rather finicky IMHO ... but this works!

005.png
    1249 x 586 - 144K
    003.png
    663 x 567 - 82K
    002a.png
    509 x 570 - 41K
    002.png
    964 x 623 - 105K
    001.png
    1070 x 566 - 130K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The issue Ghastly was the Folder, as Noted above. If none is set As you see AppData Roaming is used, as implied that is Free floating. That caused the error as DS was expecting the FILE to be in the same place and it was not, the Roaming bumped it as other files were added to roaming.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I set the folder, the path doesn't show up in the baker menu but that's a bug with Studio not my doing.

Something tells me the Visual Styles shader simply cannot be baked which is a bummer because I really wanted to use it for animation with pre-rendered illumination. Applying a default shader to the object bakes fine so clearly it must be a fault with the shader.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That sounds very possible. It would also explain the use of Appdata instead of the set folder, the shader failed thus DS defaulted to blank settings. At least you now know what a Failed shader bake looks like and can move on without trying to force it to work when it will probably fail everytime.