Contest~~ Because I Said So! ~~ Featuring GypsyAngel ~~July 2019

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited July 2019

@Novica do I need to post my entry here first? Or should I go straight to the entry thread?

Edit: Ignore me! I've just re-read the guidelines smiley

Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@Novica do I need to post my entry here first? Or should I go straight to the entry thread?

Edit: Ignore me! I've just re-read the guidelines smiley

Yours is so adorable! I'm loving the entries!

Thank yousmiley It's a fun idea for a contest!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I should say anything, it being a contest and all, but I love that render! I don't think I've unduly influenced anyone voting!

Oh no, @nonesuch00  That's what comments in this thread are mostly about. You'll see it in the RRRR thread all the time. It's nice to be appreciated  :) 

@nemesis10    LOVE the entry- but you need to pick one of the statements provided at the top of this thread. I'm sure something will fit :) 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277
    Novica said:

@nemesis10    LOVE the entry- but you need to pick one of the statements provided at the top of this thread. I'm sure something will fit :) 

All fixed! wink

I should say anything, it being a contest and all, but I love that render! I don't think I've unduly influenced anyone voting!

That's really kind of you @nonesuch00 , lovely comments are always appreciated! smiley  I've been wanting an excuse to use that 'Mokie' figure ever since I got Colorwerks.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,440

I just posted 2 entries to the "Entries" thread, I hope I did it correctly!  I certainly went more for humor than fancy art-fulness (is that a word? probably not). 

This is a fun contest, what a great idea, Novica!

I just posted 2 entries to the "Entries" thread, I hope I did it correctly!  I certainly went more for humor than fancy art-fulness (is that a word? probably not). 

I just saw them a minute ago, haven't been online this evening. They are fantastic, I laughed really hard too, so you achieved your goal. And what hunks!

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,440
    Novica said:

I just saw them a minute ago, haven't been online this evening. They are fantastic, I laughed really hard too, so you achieved your goal. And what hunks!

Oh good, I'm so glad you liked them!  Anything that brings laughter is worth the effort, IMO! ^_^

Well I made an entry featuring a GypsyAngel product. The render is not quite how I want it to look. I want sort of a big city bokeh background but none of the Ultra Genesis lighting products had a bokeh hdri background that I though actually looked like I wanted. I'm embarrassed to say I used the contest as a pretext to buy the Polish Metro Police car I've wanted for about a year now. As you can see it's really nice.

Also you can see I used the Brute 8 head but the standard G8M body and it just looks too skinny a body for such a heavyset head. So maybe I will dial in Brute 8's body at 50%. That's the weird thing about DAZ Studio characters. There is one 'normal' character in every generation and that's it, G8M, out of all of them and everyone else is exceedingly muscular, whether thin muscular like Brandon for Toon Dwayne 8 or the muscular like the Brute 8. Ain't no 'soft' in-between bodies like say between 180 - 220 lbs. It's not something you even think of until you do a render like the one below and look at how skinny, but actually normal, G8M's body is and then try the Brute 8's body and go "Whoa! That's too much!". Females in the DAZ world tend to be much more normal although often tend to err on the too muscular and skinny side although Penny and a couple of others were refreshing exercises in normality.

I have found I like rendering 'working' scenes in big cities with the 'traditional city workers' you'd see outside like police, fire, and construction, so maybe I will buy some of the NYC sets in the DAZ Store. I have some NYC sets from the Unity Asset Store that I should export for use in DAZ Studio too. It will be great fun trying to make animations of work scenes as the DAZ Studio 4.11 gets better & better at animation capabilities.

Which reminds me from my visits to NYC and my toddlerhood in downtown Chicago I'd like to see a US Mailman's uniform and those street sweepers and sanitation workers. Also milkman and ice cream truck man, although those are mostly the same uniform. Can't remember seeing EMS but once and I don't remember their uniforms.

I will probably make a 3rd entry almost like this one but using an NYC set exported from Unity to see how that goes when rendered in DAZ Studio 4.11.

These DAZ Studio improvements may have me scrimping to save for a new computer myself. At less than $500 I can buy a brand new desktop with a generation 8 i5 intel CPU! with 2GB HDD and 12GB RAM from Acer on Amazon. Not bad!

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010

I've been having a blast keeping an eye on this thread... I'm trying not to comment, but I will have you know I've been highly entertained... :D 

Carry on! Pretend I'm not here, lurking like some stalker... 

@nonesuch00  I really love the lighting on that last one- the headlights and the man in front of the car with the rim lighting from the headlights- really neat!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I've been having a blast keeping an eye on this thread... I'm trying not to comment, but I will have you know I've been highly entertained... :D 

Carry on! Pretend I'm not here, lurking like some stalker... 

It sure is nice to see your models hard at work isn't it @gypsyangel!!

Novica said:

@nonesuch00  I really love the lighting on that last one- the headlights and the man in front of the car with the rim lighting from the headlights- really neat!

Glad you like it. I kept moving him trying to get a more dramatic profile lighting for him.

I just posted my 3rd entry wow was it hard to come up with a good enough background story lolz!

edited July 2019

Not an Entry

...as I entered it into one of those PC+ contests but I thought I'd do another render of Malakai and also show a couple of environmental sets I bought over at the Unity Asset Store back in 2013. It was a lot of tedious work reassigning the textures to those products as export / import of Wavefront obj files such that the materials are assigned to the surfaces rarely seems to work!

You can see the products are good and cheap too. I probably should go to the trouble of assigning each window, door, and sign as a separate surface so that only some lights could be turned on and others left turned off. It looks somewhat strange to see every light in a multiple building apartment complex turned on/off. 

Who's in Charge Here?!

Officer Friendly and Construction Chou are jawing about who's jurisdiction takes precedence because Construction Chou have traffic cones he needs to put out now before dawn rush hour. 

I see doughnuts in their future!

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Just posted my entry.

I loved watching everyone's take! Great images, very creative. Thanks GypsyAngel for your products.

Loved the entries! Everyone make sure to get yours posted in the Entry thread before Daz Midnight tonight. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Good luck to all the participants. Just caught up on the renders thread and wow, so much to love. Great showcasing of Gypsyangel’s lovely characters. 

yes, good luck all

I think that @Faeofthe3rdDimension has a thing about sexy men in water!!!

Good luck to all!

Here is the link to the SurveyMonkey voting page.  Vote HERE     VOTING ENDS SATURDAY AUGUST 10th, midnight Daz time.

What are you voting for? That's up to you. You may like the story behind the render and the render, you may like the artistry used, or you may like the humor. It's up to you to decide what is memorable to you and also did GypsyAngel's products justice. 

The way it works- Please vote for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places. First place earns 6 points, second earns 4 points, third place earns 2 points, and 4th place earns 1 point.

To be eligible for prizes, participants MUST vote. You will vote first place for yourself.
    If you are a participant with multiple entries, ONLY VOTE FOR ONE OF YOURS (1st place) and then chose 2nd, 3rd, and 4th from other people's entries. I will manually allot only 2 points (instead of 4) to the second place choice of multiple entry voters, as it's not fair for them to have to give someone a 4 point edge over their own second render. 

voted...it was difficult to decide...

Voted and wowit was so hard to vote with so many amazing renders!

Also, I forgot to mention I also already voted. I do that first thing after I set up the surveys.

In case you're curious- the way SurveyMonkey works, the votes aren't shown to the Administrator unless I go in a separate section to do the tally. I like waiting until the end to do that so I can be surprised like everyone else :)   There is a way to show results right after voting, but someone may accidentally let it slip about the current results. Since that could influence other voters, I set all my contests up this way. 

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Voted - and thank you for setting this up

Dae oh.png
    1102 x 873 - 2M
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Voted.