why is it that all you have on your web is women

why is it that all you have on your web is women and little girls 90% of the time I know woman sell but come on that all there is. don't get me wrong I like them to but I don't like them in my Artwork all the Time. I like Daz 3d

I would like to more variety of characters, for example, more animals more fantasy outside the box looking characters

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818

I think you answered your own question yes

a few of us would like more men but women sell better according to the Premier Artists etc

• SyczBearSyczBear Posts: 21

And why are that women sell better well because men and women fantasize on something they can not be or have and that is Not Art that is called sexual fantasy? I love Art i always have for as long as i can remember and it takes more then womon and little girl to Do it.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    SyczBear said:

And why are that women sell better well because men and women fantasize on something they can not be or have and that is Not Art that is called sexual fantasy? I love Art i always have for as long as i can remember and it takes more then womon and little girl to Do it.

It is a complaint I used to make too but I think that DAZ have upped their game somewhat by introducing older characters (men and women) and morphing possibilities. You can create almost any body type you can imagine and isn't that the goal of doing art? Other than that, it is not forbidden for anyone to use their imagination for fantasy (sexual or otherwise). Whether you consider that art or not is a personal matter.

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited June 2019

I wonder if Kenji 7 and Sakura 8 had lackluster sales which became the reason why there hasn't been a Kenji/Hiro 8 yet.

Post edited by Tryhard on
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,588

Girls are just better looking than boys. hahaha

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

I don't think that is really true. In the big images on the home page we currently have a creepy looking man gazeing out of a wndow and dipping his tea bag and a man in a bar leaning on a broom. I'm  not sure if the two people on camels are men or women. The store main page has more stuff for women but there are some things for men including a ghoul, a sasquatch and a demon. And we had a male Pro Bundle earlier this month.

There is always more female stuff in the store and everyone says it sells better, but there is a lot of good quality male content as well. In my generation we always thought that women buy more clothes than men in real life which could explain why there are more clothes for women to buy, but it might be politically incorrect to say that now.

edited June 2019

it doesn't matter if I am a men or a women you need to go back and look at the home page 95% of it is for WOMEN and women stuff if you are going to do anything with men forget about it unless you want them in Robes,loincloth, old men clothes you may find one or two in armor out date and for the demon are the same one updated or reskin it's like Walt Disney doing the same movie over again.am not really talking about men am talking about stuff for them I have over 4000 items from Daz3D I ben buying from them for years so I know what they have I go on there website every day to see what they have New so all I'm saying is I would like to see is more Wild animals,fantasy animals items for them more Armor for men don't mike a Gruesome Ghoul from a Cat World Regenesis with some new skin and call it a Ghoul. https://www.daz3d.com/cat-world-regenesis-hd-bundle / https://www.daz3d.com/gruesome-ghoul-for-genesis-8-male- may be in the real world women buy more clothes than men i think us men are buy women and women clothes here and i'm one of them but it would be great more items for men to for example if  i was going  make women and men on a battlefield can't do it because all the women would have great looking armor and men would have rags.

Post edited by SyczBear on

We all want things that we are told don’t sell as well

as I said I want more men too etc, you certainly are not alone there

many want more flat boots instead of high heels on everything 

the Premier Artists who post in the forum tell us these things don’t sell as well and they need to earn a living

not what we want to hear but the facts sadly 

yes, i know but why can't they make it for men and women together so if you make a wardrobe or armor you have it for men or women like a matching set I'm not talking about putting on women stuff on men either.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

It's simple math.

Let's say it takes a PA 100 hours to create a product (which is probably a low estimate for high quality items, but it's a number to use). Male or female is irrelevant the work is the same, base modeling, adding morphs, texturing, rigging, etc.

They can put that effort into a female suit of armor and sell 2000 units. Or they can put that same effort into a male item and sell 1000 units. Some estimates I've seen indicate even less than 1/2 the sales for a male item verses female. The return (sales) on investment (time) is obviously higher for making a female item.

To make a matched set (male and female) still would require 200 hours of work when doubling the time and would only result in 50% more income. Their time could have been spent on the next product instead.

To be honest, I feel like we're in a much better place with Genesis 8 than we were in previous versions. Yes there is still a skew toward the female form, but there are still some very nice characters and products coming out that are targeted toward male figures. And, for me, the male clothing and hair converters by RiverSoft Art and Sickleyield are even more worthwhile than the female ones. My available clothing and hair library for my male figures is larger than it's ever been in the past 13 years I've been a Daz customer.

I don't know much about making content for Daz Studio but I don't thing making male and female versions of the same outfit would require twice as much work. I think that you shoud be able to use the same base model for both. You would have to do some reshaping of the model to fit the two body shapes and do the rigging twice for the two figures. You might have to adjust the textures and/or the UV mapping to allow for the differences in shape. It would be more work but not twice as much.

Would anyone who knows how to make content like to comment on this?

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    SyczBear said:

yes, i know but why can't they make it for men and women together so if you make a wardrobe or armor you have it for men or women like a matching set I'm not talking about putting on women stuff on men either.

Initially I thought the same, Peter. Until I noticed the section I bolded here. The design for a set of armor for men and women would likely be different. They may have the same theme, but if the goal isn't simply to make the woman's armor fit on a guy (which we could do already) that implies making outfits specifically designed for each body type.

Also don't forget the morphs are very different as well. So even if you're talking about a basic set of practical whole body armor (i.e. non-fantasy / skimp armor) with the same basic shell, adding a morph for Olympia 8 is significantly different than doing the same for David 8. You could get away with "auto follow", but those results typically aren't quite as good as when someone takes the time by hand to support the different body types.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited June 2019

Personally, this ship has sailed around the world, and done it multiple times.

Post edited by nicstt on
    nicstt said:

Yes, but it's a cruise we all like to go on now and again smiley

nicstt said:

Yes, but it's a cruise we all like to go on now and again smiley

yes

in clothes for everyone to promenade around the deck on

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,031

I don't know much about making content for Daz Studio but I don't thing making male and female versions of the same outfit would require twice as much work. I think that you shoud be able to use the same base model for both. You would have to do some reshaping of the model to fit the two body shapes and do the rigging twice for the two figures. You might have to adjust the textures and/or the UV mapping to allow for the differences in shape. It would be more work but not twice as much.

Would anyone who knows how to make content like to comment on this?

It is twice as much work. Making the base mesh is the "easy" part. The rigging/jcms/fbms are the hard/time consuming parts. If the UV didn't stay the same, that would be even more extra work because you'd need a second set of textures, and there would almost definitely have to be base mesh/UV adjustments because where men and women are wider and narrower is different. All I make is simple stuff for the most part, so I do make it for guys and gals. I try to make characters in male/female pairs too, but I don't rely on this as a primary source of income, so I can do this. You'll notice I don't put out a lot of products either. If my husband didn't have a full time day job, you can bet you'd be seeing a bunch of stuff for early 20's gals from me and that's it :D 

JonnyRay said:

They can put that effort into a female suit of armor and sell 2000 units. Or they can put that same effort into a male item and sell 1000 units. S

Man, I wish I was a rock star and could sell that :D

not saying to do it for every outfit that come out may be once or twice i bet if some one that make product for daz3d would take the time to do so it would pay off  i scene people on youtube make a product for daz3d useing Marvelous Designer no more than a hour or two so come on i do have Marvelous Designer 7 to but not very good at it for now so i guess i will have to work on it more and maybe sell it to and give people what they need so they can do the art work they want to do.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,031
    SyczBear said:

not saying to do it for every outfit that come out may be once or twice i bet if some one that make product for daz3d would take the time to do so it would pay off  i scene people on youtube make a product for daz3d useing Marvelous Designer no more than a hour or two so come on i do have Marvelous Designer 7 to but not very good at it for now so i guess i will have to work on it more and maybe sell it to and give people what they need so they can do the art work they want to do.

They might make it for personal use in an hour or two, or maybe sell it someplace else, but selling here at Daz3D, models are expected to be rigged, fitted properly, JCMs done so bends look good, fits for various shapes so there's no pokethru, etc. And that doesn't even include the texturing. Can you bang out a dress in a couple hours in MD if you're good? Sure. That doesn't mean it's a quality product or even finished. There's a *big* difference between "I'm gonna make a dress in a couple hours for myself in MD" and "I'm going to make a dress to sell."

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    SyczBear said:

I had a chat with an artist on DevArt and he said that he stopped buying clothes after he taught himself Marvelous Designer. But now his workflow is completely different. His clothes are never rigged for Poser (he doesn't use DAZ Studio). He creates his Poser scenes, poses his character, exports the posed character to MD and fits and drapes his self-created clothing and then exports it back as an object for rendering. Judging by his gallery on DA, his workflow works a treat as the clothes look very realistic.

I have MD8 but really need to spend some quality time with it. At the moment that workflow is a little daunting but I can see the benefits if I persevere,