Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2014 CLOSED... Please join our 2015 challenge

Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
edited December 2015 in Art Studio

My friend and his daughter have a Themed Photography challenge every month. It’s just for fun… They have been doing it for about 3 years. I decided to challenge myself to make a 3D render with their themes. :) Since people seemed to enjoy the challenges for 2013, I've decided to keep it going for 2014. :) All are welcome to join me in this challenge.

(to view the 2013 renders please visit... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27391/ )

There are only 2 rules… ONLY 1 RENDER ALLOWED per PER PERSON per month and IT MUST BE A COMPLETELY “NEW” RENDER specifically for this challenge!!! eep…

p.s…. no WIPs please… to keep the thread from getting too long ;) THANK YOU!

ANY 3D program can be used!

For 2014 my friend and his daughter are working on ADJECTIVEs for inspiration…. An adjective is a ‘describing’ word used before a noun or noun phrase giving more information about the object…. It may be easier… or maybe harder for some… but that’s the CHALLENGE.. winks

ok.. Here's the list.. remember.. these are ADJECTIVES...

January - striped
February - fine
March - upset
April - quiet
May - soft
June - green
July - dusty
August - calm
September - fair
October - fresh
November - better
December - hurt

To give folks a flavour of the original photo challenge that sparked off this thread please take a look at the photographic thread at http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/a-father-vs-daughter-12-for-2013-challenge.457147/

PLEASE NOTE... for the 2014 Photography Challenge here is the link... http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/transatlantic-12-for-2014-challenge.523704/

Post edited by Llola Lane on

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Ok I have an idea I am working on if you and chohole don't use the same one before I get it rendered...LOL Trish

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited December 1969

Well.. Trish.. you KNOW great minds think alike... giggles
    (I have my idea too ;))

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

striped 1

01_striped.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 361K
    edited December 1969

Oooo Bigh... That's perfect... setting the bar a little high for the rest of us... THANK YOU for sharing... I have my render started
    Happy Rendering :)

edited January 2014

bigh: stop taking photos and render like the rest of us.....LOL.. that sure does look good...Trish

Post edited by Trish on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I has an idea ... hmmm, needs to be thought on to bring to fruition ... ;)

edited December 1969

thank you ladies - :-)

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited January 2014

This is so cool. I just completed a render today with "stripes." I had to composite it in layers in Photoshop because my furry "kitten" didn't like to be in the scene with everyone else and kept crashing my machine. I also had to really downsize the image so it's not as detailed as the original but it definitely shows "stripes" :).

Trish

Edit: Working Title is "Border Patrol."

winter-border-patrol-web-version2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 678K
    Post edited by Stormlyght on
    edited December 1969

This is so cool. I just completed a render today with "stripes." I had to composite it in layers in Photoshop because my furry "kitten" didn't like to be in the scene with everyone else and kept crashing my machine. I also had to really downsize the image so it's not as detailed as the original but it definitely shows "stripes" :).

Trish

good one !

edited January 2014

Nice job with the furry one...the other Trish...LOL glad your over here we have fun

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Trish

What a WONDERFUL render stormlyght... glad you could join me in my challenge... Now you can work on next month... you are a fastie.. lol... Thanks for sharing :)

edited December 1969

And the idea crystallised ...
    Faveral's Provence hosts The Great Mouscape by Mouse for Genesis by JoeQuick wearing Prisoner by Karth , G2M as FWDan (slight morph tweakes) wearing SickleYield's Police! outfit and M5 Elite Hair, and DAZ Big Cat 2 in LAMH Tiger form

StripesX.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 306K
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Faveral's Provence hosts The Great Mouscape by Mouse for Genesis by JoeQuick wearing Prisoner by Karth , G2M as FWDan (slight morph tweakes) wearing SickleYield's Police! outfit and M5 Elite Hair, and DAZ Big Cat 2 in LAMH Tiger form

great job !

edited December 1969

OMG... you made me laugh Simon (ouchie... clutches her incision)... This is sooo wonderful.... WHAT an imagination... Mine is taking longer to get together.. but it is half started.. promise :) Gonna need a few more days to get it finished... THANK YOU for sharing Simon (giggles with gleeeeee)!!!

edited December 1969

Thank you @bigh and Trish! @llolalane, I wasn't very fast at all--really. I started working on this on New Year's Day. I had already decided a few days prior a plan of action and then worked on it while my family recovered from New Years Eve ;). Glad you like it. Now I have to come up with something for "fine" which may take a bit longer.

The other Trish

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Love it!

edited December 1969

Simon: that is really cute runnnnn....LOL

Ok I call this one... Play Day

Play_Day2.jpg
    1316 x 740 - 743K
    edited December 1969

Simon: that is really cute runnnnn....LOL

Ok I call this one... Play Day

Wonderful render Trish.. even if it DOES have dogs in it... lol (I'm a cat person... lol) Love the striped leggings... perfect! Thanks for sharing. :)

edited December 1969

Thank you I am cat people too...but I had not let the dogs out of the hard drive for awhile...LOL

edited December 1969

Thank you I am cat people too...but I had not let the dogs out of the hard drive for awhile...LOL

I know the feeling! Nice stripey stockings :)

edited December 1969

Oh yes.. those dogs DO get a bit restless when not let out.. unlike cats who are happy to sleep all day.. :)

edited December 1969

yes..LOL I have one of mine on my lap purring away at the moment...pet me mom ...stop typing...and pet me

edited January 2014

O.k.. Here's my Striped render... searched my render library and found more striped stuff than you could imagine... sooo... added them ALL to my render... lol... I call it...

"Play Time"

HOW many striped things can YOU find?

STRIPEDdD_11minute_renderR_30pixelsampleXY_DONE_SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 667K
    edited December 1969

That is sooo cute...looks like kitty is ready to pounce on the fishy though....lots of stripes everywhere...very nice to look at...Trish

edited December 1969

Thanks Trish.. it took me 7 days.. but I got it done.. whew... I kept wanting to add a new striped thing I found.. lol... :) Now just need to think about next month's render.. hummm

edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    O.k.. Here's my Striped render... searched my render library and found more striped stuff than you could imagine... sooo... added them ALL to my render... lol... I call it...

"Play Time"

HOW many striped things can YOU find?

Depends if you count the chairs as separate ...
    I get 9:
    The wallpaper
    The chairs
    The bow-tie of the bear
    The dress of the girl to scene front and left
    The top of the girl to scene front and right
    The top of the cat on the table
    The zebras
    The dress of the girl behind the table
    The drum in the central (oval) painting on the wall

Maybe an extra one for the car, my eyes are not good enough! :)

edited January 2014

Pretty good Simon... you have to zoom the picture in.. but the boy is wearing a striped top also... there's supposed to be stripes on the train.. but you can't see them very well... yes... I do count the stripe on the car... oh yes.. and the strip on the cat in the picture frame top center.. the fish in the fishbowl is a striped angel fish... you can't see it very well.. but the reins on the rocking horse are striped too... whew.. oooo and the cat itself has stripes... think I got it all... How'd yas do???

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Fun theme, Llola! I'm enjoying the renders. Here's mine:

"What do you mean, you've 'gone off' stripes?!"

striped_aiko.png
    790 x 565 - 681K
    edited December 1969

Jindi: really a very nice render...you found some stripes also I see...LOL Trish

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Thanks Trish, I made the stripe fabric / wall tiles myself so it was fun to finally find a use for them!

Loved your Play Day, I can just picture her taking them home though, all muddy with tails wagging... "straight into the bath with you lot..." :)