transfer utility problems, Help!

CaxarCaxar Posts: 49

Im trying to add some pants to a character that has been created by a morph. The morph has been set as character with the script shape rigger plus.

When I drop the OBJ with the pants, then I run the transfer utiliy and the pants don't chage at all his shape in the original not morphed character (a G8 female) but when morphed they contract, keeping the relative shape relation with G8 female and not the new morph. Any solution?

What I would expect is the  pants don't change his shape at all and being able to deform with any pose of the new morph, but instead they are using as reference G8 and not the new morph.

I have tried to tick off the morph option in the transfer utility with no difference,

Image 183.jpg
334 x 505 - 60K
Image 184.jpg
334 x 505 - 68K
Post edited by Caxar on

Comments

• I'm not entirely following what you are doing, but if possible clothing should be modelled around the base shape and if that can't be done then in the Transfer Utility dialogue you need to set the Source Shape to whatever you modelled around and then in the options check Reverse Source Shape From Target..

• CaxarCaxar Posts: 49

Thanks!!!  That did work.  laugh

edited June 2019

Another question of the same topic. Even it is doing a lot better than before I get yet some pinching. Any solution for this?

I have set the source as morph, choosen the correct morph and then set the reverse source shape from target

I basically would expect that the shape should not change at all when doing the transfer utility, and afte that it can follow the poses. Not sure why deforms in this  way, even a lot less than before.

Image 492.jpg
    375 x 380 - 50K
    Image 493.jpg
    420 x 181 - 45K
    Image 494.jpg
    468 x 532 - 98K
    Image 505.jpg
    367 x 457 - 46K
    Post edited by Caxar on

I have been able to make it better activating and increasing the vert distance detection and adding smoothing modifier. Not perfect but better. If anyone know more ways to make it better I would be gratefull.  My guess is that automatically set the distance of influence between different bones, and I wonder if there is a more direct way to modify that in conflictive cases, as painting weights.

• You might want to load your original shape as a morph, if it's a sinlge morph you are using - otherwise you may find you need to create several cusom morphs for the clothing to match the tricky ones used in the abse figure. One thing to try first is applying a smoothing modifier (Edit>Figure>Geometry>Apply Smoothing Modifier) and settings its type, in the Parameters pane, to Generic instead of Base Shape Matching.

Thanks! I will try.