Beautify your renders using LUT LookUp Tables NEW End-of-May '22 version!

2»

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,067
    edited July 2021

Hmm. This is an idea.

Not for DS, but I have had an interesting time creating a cross stitch chart generator where images are converted into thread colours. A .cube LUT may well work as an approach to speed up the conversion. Or at least as an alternative approach for the user to try out to see if they like the conversion. The image below is one I stitched up as a test piece to check the program:

Regards,

Richard

Sdc14211a.jpg
    800 x 240 - 54K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited July 2021

i only have Ps CS2 which Adobe gave for free a few (many) years ago and it doesnt have LUTs

so i installed the 7-days CS6 Trial

when i'll update mcjLUT ( the .exe part of it not the script )

i'll add a 0..100% slider 

and it will blend the input image with the output image

so it will be the equivalent of Ps's Normal/Opacity setting

juvesatriani said:

mCasual said:

Thanks, do you mean preserving the alpha/transparency layer? 

or mix the original with the recolorized?

i never used lookout tables outside of my script&app

juvesatriani said:

Great tool !!

Any chance the blend mode - opacity - strengh fx will be included in future ?

Like always ,this really useful tool . DAZ should include most of your tools/scripts in default instalation package

Thanks for reply .. I mean like Blend or Opacity option in Photoshop 

photoshop.jpg
    1826 x 2096 - 459K
    Post edited by mCasual on
    edited July 2021

this could be done with the free command line utility imagemagick

here's a command line or batch file for the older version of imagemagick

H:\imagemagick\composite -compose multiply -gravity center threads.png Heavysmokings2021.png wagadoogoo.png

and the images used

richardandtracy said:

Hmm. This is an idea.

Not for DS, but I have had an interesting time creating a cross stitch chart generator where images are converted into thread colours. A .cube LUT may well work as an approach to speed up the conversion. Or at least as an alternative approach for the user to try out to see if they like the conversion. The image below is one I stitched up as a test piece to check the program:

Regards,

Richard

woopteedoo.jpg
    1024 x 450 - 181K
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,067

Just want to make clear, that photo is of a stitched panel, not a photo-edited image designed to look like it was stitched (might not have been clear from my original post), and it took about 3 months to stitch. It's the idea of look-up tables that I'd not come across before, and it might be a useful concept for a quick & dirty conversion rather than the 'as close to a photo as it's possible to get with threads' aim of my original conversion method - which can take quite a few minutes to do with a big image and slow computer.

Regards,

Richard.

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

This looks amazing. I can't wait to try it! 

edited July 2021

that's the plugin which will be backward compatible with the mcjLUT and mcjLUTB scripts

i will also fix a little bug in the script which didnt always display the correct output image

cominup.jpg
    2462 x 1698 - 371K
    edited July 2021

good news the upcoming windoze version of the plugin works with daz studio 32bit and 64bit 

and bugs were fixed in the scripts mcjLUT mcjLUTB and mcjLUTB_Widescreen

other good news: you wont need the recently posted LUT normalizer script since the new version of the plugin does it automatically

but

i will work on the MAC plugin before uploading all those files

that's a Daz Studio 4.9 32bit test so it should work with 4.5 and up 

workswith32.jpg
    2036 x 1090 - 287K
    edited July 2021

How nigh is it you ask?

very nigh

i compiled and tested the MAC version minutes ago

yeah that nigh

so i just have to zip the plugins so that google-sites wont block you from downloading it 

ok that's my embarassingly old used macbook but it has xcode

my newer macbook pro ... i forget if it has daz studio or xcode, because i never play with my macs

why ? because i'm not comfortable in it

now the unsharp photo proof

webmac.jpg
    800 x 533 - 49K
    edited July 2021

the debugged (none critical) free and improved mcjLUT plugin+script for Daz Studio PC/MAC is online ! twas an all night long all night ight ( Fifth Element ) long affair, you're welcome https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjlut

webworkswith32.jpg
    1024 x 518 - 90K
  • RbugRbug Posts: 166
    edited July 2021

mCasual said:

the debugged (none critical) free and improved mcjLUT plugin+script for Daz Studio PC/MAC is online ! twas an all night long all night ight ( Fifth Element ) long affair, you're welcome https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjlut

Cannot seem to find the correct file I downloaded it again and all the script says is that I am using an old version of mcjLUTplugin, so blend effect is not available?

What did I do wrong? (edit) ok seems that for some reason the new .dll didnot show up until a few minutes after posting this querry, so problem solved thank you for all your hard work..

Post edited by Rbug on
    I think Studio only checks the plugins upon start, so if it's running when you drop the dll in the plugins folder it wont be detected. Also you may not be able to overwrite the old dll when Studio or its remnant is holding on to it
    Rbug said:
    ... work..
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556

Super awesome !! I hope DAZ will including your excelent + useful scripts in next DAZ major release 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015

Thank you mCasual :-)

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    edited July 2021

mCasual said:

Thanks for the update!

I'm probably blind but the preview image doesn't change for me when I use the blend slider.

edit: Figured it out. The right pane only updates after creating the output image.

Post edited by y3kman on

i could add a 'refresh' or 'preview  blend' button under the slider 

y3kman said:

mCasual said:

Thanks for the update!

I'm probably blind but the preview image doesn't change for me when I use the blend slider.

edit: Figured it out. The right pane only updates after creating the output image.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Great to see all the improvements on this script/plugin. Again thanks for creating awesome scripts for the community.

• This is very cool and helpful ! Thank you very much!

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited May 2022

Coming soon an updated version of mcjLUT for Daz Studio.

mcjLUTinterface.JPG
    1136 x 627 - 137K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
    edited May 2022

maybe today who knows 

mcjlut_is_my_free_plugin_script_for_daz_studio_by_mcasual_denpizo-pre.jpg
    1385 x 577 - 156K
    mcjlut_is_my_free_plugin_script_for_daz_studio_by_mcasual_denpizo-pre (1).jpg
    1385 x 577 - 156K
    edited May 2022

NEW END-OF-MAY 2022 version !

with resizable canvas and UI cleaning and some minor bug fixes

Be the first on your street to snatch it

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjlut

promoMcjLut2022.jpg
    1112 x 559 - 143K