HELP! Denoiser not working (sometimes)

MortzeMortze Posts: 184

Hello folks,

Perhaps someone could help me with some annoying problem I encounter in DAZ Studio 4.11 Pro Public Build. (I render with 2x GTX 1080)

When the scene has more than two Genesis 3 figures, sometimes with only two G3 figures, the Post Denoiser doesn't work when rendering. I've checked and triple cheked that it is enabled, default settings, and I render at 1920X1080 resolution. 

It simply doesn't work, it renders normally as if it was disabled, with the grainy rendering.

Has anyone encounterd a similar problem? Is there a way to fix it? An does someone knows why it happens?

(I run DAZ on a Windows 10 64bits computer with 48GB RAM)

Post edited by Mortze on

Comments

• It seems unlikely with 8GB cards, but hav you checked it isn't dropping to CPU? The denoiser is not supported on the CPU.

• MortzeMortze Posts: 184

It seems unlikely with 8GB cards, but hav you checked it isn't dropping to CPU? The denoiser is not supported on the CPU.

It isn't. The CPU is unchecked.

Both GPUs and the Optix Prime are checked.

• But are they being used? If they run out of memory (and OptiX Prime does, I think, increase the demands) then Iray will drop to CPU regardless of the check boxes.

• MortzeMortze Posts: 184

They are always being used I think. Is there anything in the log that points out they aren't?

• Yes, once the render finishes the log will contain a block listing how many iteratioins each device performed.