• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Moire's Christmas Dreams

T’was the night before Christmas
    And all through the house not a creature was stirring,
    Not even Moire who was zonked out on the couch
    Sugar plums did not dance in her head,
    Rather it was the hoof beats of a pony instead.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=114928_2LoZT6FNjYVzONzQo9Up&thumb=1&board_id=1

Nice one! I wonder what Moire wants for Christmas! :lol:

Dana

What little girl doesn't want a pony for Christmas? ;-)

Amy

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Moire's Christmas Dreams

T’was the night before Christmas
    And all through the house not a creature was stirring,
    Not even Moire who was zonked out on the couch
    Sugar plums did not dance in her head,
    Rather it was the hoof beats of a pony instead.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=114928_2LoZT6FNjYVzONzQo9Up&thumb=1&board_id=1

Nice one! I wonder what Moire wants for Christmas! :lol:

Dana

What little girl doesn't want a pony for Christmas? ;-)

Amy

She doesn't look like a little girl...maybe a young teenager. I wonder how many little girls would really want the pony after they get it. Especially if they have to take care of it. Not just feeding and grooming, but picking up after it. I bet most of them would change their minds fast. :lol:

Dana

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 2013

Dollygirl said:
    Dollygirl said:
    Question - Does the head Morphs and Body moprhs package for Genesis count towards my paid items?

Amy

Yes they do just like the Morphs++ for the gen 4 figures do.

Didn't jeeperz have a special rule, for this month only, that all morphs would be free?

For the Morphs++ yes my apologies. So Kismet you can see if you can get ahold of her to see if she was thinking of including Genesis's set as well. They are not referred to as Morphs++ but that is not to say they could not have been included. My take on the issue is that they are not included as a no count but I could be wrong and one of the other ETO's, Jeeperz or Music can weigh in the other way.

Yes the Head and body morphs for Genesis1 and 2 will count as a paid for since you did pay for them unless Jeeperz specifies otherwise.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for helping us out Dollygirl. Sometimes we need it up in here.

LG...love the Louie Scrooge!

Dorsey...that pig cart is just too funny!

The "little girl" on the horse and couch ain't so little, I agree. Still sweet dreams though.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:
    Dollygirl said:
    Question - Does the head Morphs and Body moprhs package for Genesis count towards my paid items?

Amy

Didn't jeeperz have a special rule, for this month only, that all morphs would be free?

For the Morphs++ yes my apologies. So Kismet you can see if you can get ahold of her to see if she was thinking of including Genesis's set as well. They are not referred to as Morphs++ but that is not to say they could not have been included. My take on the issue is that they are not included as a no count but I could be wrong and one of the other ETO's, Jeeperz or Music can weigh in the other way.

Yes the Head and body morphs for Genesis1 and 2 will count as a paid for since you did pay for them unless Jeeperz specifies otherwise.

:-)Jeeperz said that they were no-count this month:

Amy

You are right Dollygirl, they are a no count this month only

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:
    Dollygirl said:

Amy

:-)Jeeperz said that they were no-count this month:

Amy

You are right Dollygirl, they are a no count this month only

Ok, ok, I hear you guys. What the rule is.. If it is the same as the morph++ that Poser uses, then you can use the Genisus version of if. I don't use DS so I don't know. My reasoning behind it is that in Poser, many of the characters that are free require the morph++ to use. Giving more free item options for what you use to change your Vicky, Mike etc.... Now the character you change them into can be free or count as a paid if you bought it. Sorry for the confusion everyone. With Genisus being used more I should have clarified that rule.
    Tosses a bunch of snowballs into the forum at everyone to see if I can get a snowball fight going......

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Tosses a bunch of snowballs into the forum at everyone to see if I can get a snowball fight going......

(grabs a flying snowball out of the air, spins 360 degrees, sends it back to jeeperz)

Is that what you wanted?

edited December 1969

ARGH. You got me. Back at ya

edited December 1969

Ack! Face full of snow!

(tosses snowballs in every direction)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ugh, got me.

Have at you varmint

BettyBoopSnowballGotcha.gif
    516 x 344 - 60K
    edited December 1969

So I know how busy everyone is in RL this month, but only 2takers for a snowball fight?? Maybe everyone is busy getting a render in before the end of the month. Judges won't have much to vote for but I do know how this month can be. But who can turn away GCs from DAZ and Jaderail. Heck I would enter but I obviously can't.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Throws a bunch of snowballs from behind a newly constructed fort.

I have an idea for a render but RL keeps getting in the way.

edited December 1969

60F here today, yesterday hit 61F. No more snow.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    60F here today, yesterday hit 61F. No more snow.

Dana

(throws Dana some of the foot of snow we've got here - in snowballs)
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    So I know how busy everyone is in RL this month, but only 2takers for a snowball fight?? Maybe everyone is busy getting a render in before the end of the month. Judges won't have much to vote for but I do know how this month can be. But who can turn away GCs from DAZ and Jaderail. Heck I would enter but I obviously can't.
    The only thing keeping me from entering is a render that has been rendering since before Thanksgiving and is still only about 7% done because of one small section that slows it to a crawl each time a given pass goes through it. I can't do any more renders until it's finished.
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    The only thing keeping me from entering is a render that has been rendering since before Thanksgiving and is still only about 7% done because of one small section that slows it to a crawl each time a given pass goes through it. I can't do any more renders until it's finished.
    I've heard of long render times, but that's ridiculous...

Take a look at this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33858/ It might not help with the render that's choking your system, but at least you'll be able to do other renders. (If you have a second, older PC, you can move the problematic render over to it and just let it run 24×7. If you don't, at least you can do scene setup at the same time as a render.)

edited December 2013

robkelk said:
    jeeperz said:

Take a look at this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33858/ It might not help with the render that's choking your system, but at least you'll be able to do other renders. (If you have a second, older PC, you can move the problematic render over to it and just let it run 24×7. If you don't, at least you can do scene setup at the same time as a render.)That thread must be a Premiere Club thread. of which, I'm not a member. As for a second computer, Unfortunately, that's not an option. I only have my one little Mac Mini. I've never before had a render take even remotely this long. The longest I had ever had a render take, prior to this, was 60 hours total, and that was because it had a lot of very large refracting surfaces (namely glass and water). I have a thread on the issue over in the "Nuts and Bolts" forum. If I were to make an entry, I'd have to submit a screen capture of the raw image, not a rendered image, and probably risk a computer crash (I only have 2GB of RAM). I'm currently rendering using the 3Delight standalone. When I was trying to render this in DS proper, it was exponentially doubling in render time with each pass.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 2013

robkelk said:
    jeeperz said:

Take a look at this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33858/ It might not help with the render that's choking your system, but at least you'll be able to do other renders. (If you have a second, older PC, you can move the problematic render over to it and just let it run 24×7. If you don't, at least you can do scene setup at the same time as a render.)That thread must be a Premiere Club thread. of which, I'm not a member. As for a second computer, Unfortunately, that's not an option. I only have my one little Mac Mini. I've never before had a render take even remotely this long. The longest I had ever had a render take, prior to this, was 60 hours total, and that was because it had a lot of very large refracting surfaces (namely glass and water). I have a thread on the issue over in the "Nuts and Bolts" forum. If I were to make an entry, I'd have to submit a screen capture of the raw image, not a rendered image, and probably risk a computer crash (I only have 2GB of RAM). I'm currently rendering using the 3Delight standalone. When I was trying to render this in DS proper, it was exponentially doubling in render time with each pass.

It is a Members Only thread, yes. Sorry, I thought it was in the Commons.

The gist: Download and install the 3delight stand-alone renderer from http://www.3delight.com/en/index.php?page=3DSP_download, "render" your Daz Studio images to a RIB file, and have the stand-alone renderer do the actual rendering while you use D|S for another project... which is what you're already doing.

You don't need to install it on a second computer, but you could if you had one.

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 2013

robkelk said:
    robkelk said:
    jeeperz said:

Take a look at this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33858/ It might not help with the render that's choking your system, but at least you'll be able to do other renders. (If you have a second, older PC, you can move the problematic render over to it and just let it run 24×7. If you don't, at least you can do scene setup at the same time as a render.)

That thread must be a Premiere Club thread. of which, I'm not a member. As for a second computer, Unfortunately, that's not an option. I only have my one little Mac Mini. I've never before had a render take even remotely this long. The longest I had ever had a render take, prior to this, was 60 hours total, and that was because it had a lot of very large refracting surfaces (namely glass and water). I have a thread on the issue over in the "Nuts and Bolts" forum. If I were to make an entry, I'd have to submit a screen capture of the raw image, not a rendered image, and probably risk a computer crash (I only have 2GB of RAM). I'm currently rendering using the 3Delight standalone. When I was trying to render this in DS proper, it was exponentially doubling in render time with each pass.

It is a Members Only thread, yes. Sorry, I thought it was in the Commons.

The gist: Download and install the 3delight stand-alone renderer from http://www.3delight.com/en/index.php?page=3DSP_download, "render" your Daz Studio images to a RIB file, and have the stand-alone renderer do the actual rendering while you use D|S for another project... which is what you're already doing.

You don't need to install it on a second computer, but you could if you had one.Yeah. Unfortunately, even using the 3Delight standalone, I couldn't render in DS at the same time since it also uses the 3Delight render engine, and the Free 3Delight render engine only allows one render at a time (It won't even allow spot renders in DS if a render is currently running in the Standalone, I've tried) . So, I'm kind of stuck until I finish the render. I could set up a piece, but wouldn't be able to render it.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Almost here

Christmas-Santa-Sleigh.jpg
    800 x 600 - 83K
    edited December 2013

Well it's Christmas eve and the children are snuggled all safe in their beds...while visions of "Jeeperz snowballs" dance in their heads!

Hope everyone is happy. Merry Christmas to all...and to all, a snowball fight!

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas everyone.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas to our friends down under and Happy Christmas Eve to us that are still living in the 24th day of December!

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Almost here

Very nice!

Dana

edited December 1969

Merry Christmas to those on the "other side", and Happy Christmas Eve to those close by. I'll have a busy day today.

Dana

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 245
    edited December 2013

Here is my entry for this month...thought I'd never get done tweaking it, but am pretty satisfied with how it came out. Set up and rendered in DS 4.6. No postwork.

"Mission Acomplished"
    Darc, Chief of Logistics at the North Pole can finally sit back and relax after a long shift in the Control Room. He has been tracking his boss' progress throughout Santa's annual delivery route. The journey has gone off with only a few small glitches...all the presents have been delivered and Santa has just arrived safely back at the Pole.

FREE (* registration required)

* Space tool (for dark sky)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/49932/related/11/Poser/Multi-Plane-Space-Tool?interstitial_displayed=Yes

* Morphing Terrain (snow mountains outside)
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/content.php?350-13-Days-of-Christmas-2013-Day-11

Glass Deer (first item on page - link under pic)
    http://sanzisannzi.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-172.html

Moving Snowball - snow outside window (first item on page - link under pic)
    http://sanzisannzi.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-198.html

Fireplace
    http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/free/Christmas_2010.html

Fable outfit for M4 (boots only)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/30237/Poser/Fable-For-M4

* Soto's flat top
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/67275/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/SOTOs-Flat-Top-for-Genesis

* Sickle snug tank
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=67259

* Genesis open shirt
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/69804/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Open-Shirt-Part-1
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/69805/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Open-Shirt-Part-2

* SickleYield free leggings
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=67501

Jingle bells hair (hat only)
    http://www.outoftouch.de/OOT/freebies/

* Solstice ale
    http://www.faeriewylde.com/FW4/index.php?topic=6755.0

Quilt (needlework page 5th item down) link is finicky
    http://www.nessrepros.co.uk/index.php

* Christmas quilt texture
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/18964/poser/Xmas-Quilt-Texture

* Chesterfield chair
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69009

* Victorian chaise lounge
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69232

* Mil Cat LE
    http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/millennium-cat-le

Travis texture for Mil Cat
    http://www.planit3d.com/source/poser/lyne23.html

* M4 simple glasses
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=58079

* Christmas tree (free from Mec4D through Jan 1)
    http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=product&product_id=129

Christmas tree (ornaments only)
    http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/free/Christmas.html

* String of Christmas lights (search for December 3)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14402/

Christmas tree skirt
    http://mystic-nights.com/freebies/details.php?image_id=276

Flickering candle (bottom of page)
    http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/mpp6.htm

* Fireplace tool set
    http://shop.krown-products.net/meshworks/index.php?route=product/product&path=42&product_id=104

* Smart Tablet
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=67979

* Dystopia cooler
    http://www.team-dystopia.com/frm/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1777

* Realistic Glass shader
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/70879/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Realistic-Glass-Shader-with-Absorption

* Velvet fur shader
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/57474/browse/11/Poser/Velvet-and-Fur-shaders-for-DAZ-Studio

REC Weaponry shaders (2nd from bottom)
    http://redeyecat.wordpress.com/tag/ds-shaders/page/2/

* R72 Leather Shaders
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/42304/browse/7/Material-and-Shader/R72-Natural-plain-leather-shaders-for-Daz-Studio-3

Garland and wreaths
    * http://forum.runtimedna.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=356

NOT COUNTED

FW Darc (DAZ PA 2013 giveaway)
    His EarStuff (DAZ PA 2013 giveaway)
    Free Genesis beard by joequick (no longer available)
    Winter cat - black/white texture & collars (no longer available)
    Santa's workshop (music's gift - which is an awesome model)

PAID

Genesis 2 Male body morphs
    Advanced Ambient Light

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas!

dec13_00.jpg
    1750 x 984 - 1M
    Post edited by smoke14 on
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas to those that celebrate.
    Sorry for the absence lately, just still not doing so great. I will be back after Christmas to catch up with everything.
    TOSSES several snowball into the forum so we can have a snow ball fight...

edited December 1969

smoke14 said:
    Here is my entry for this month...thought I'd never get done tweaking it, but am pretty satisfied with how it came out. Set up and rendered in DS 4.6. No postwork.

"Mission Acomplished"
    Darc, Chief of Logistics at the North Pole can finally sit back and relax after a long shift in the Control Room. He has been tracking his boss' progress throughout Santa's annual delivery route. The journey has gone off with only a few small glitches...all the presents have been delivered and Santa has just arrived safely back at the Pole.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=115718_RDhpEFPCi03aE7iUFEYA&thumb=1&board_id=1

Nice one, and good back-story.

Dana

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

Thanks Dana

edited December 1969

Merry Christmas, everyone who celebrates it! I may or may not have time to get into the forums tomorrow!

Dana