Gallery Winners

KaAnnaKaAnna Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just curious to those who've already won through the Gallery contests. How are the prizes rewarded? Do they contact you via email? About how long did it take?

This will be good for anyone else who searches the forum for information on this.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

I'm curious. I was browsing the store and saw one of my renders there with "gallery contest winner" on it. What is this about? What do we get? :gulp:

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    I'm curious. I was browsing the store and saw one of my renders there with "gallery contest winner" on it. What is this about? What do we get? :gulp:

Congrats on being a winner. Even if the prize is just a digital pat on the back! :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

Congrats on being a winner. Even if the prize is just a digital pat on the back! :)

good one :-)

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,685
    edited December 2013

Hellboy said:

Store credit and discounts :D
    Congrats!

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Hellboy said:

Store credit and discounts :D
    Congrats!

No ............................ Coupons, not store credit

Gallery_prizes.jpg
    835 x 209 - 102K
    edited December 1969

Nice! How do you know what place you got?
    100%, 50%, 25%... Out of how much?

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

still no pinned thread for that?
    week 1 winners with Prices and pics...
    week 2 winners with Prices and pics...
    etc

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

You should have gotten an email from Britney or Jared about it with the info. PM jared if you didn't get it and he'll get you sorted out.
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

So very happy for you Hellboy- but not at all surprised :) Your work is always stunning.
    Cathie

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 2013

I wonder if the winning renders appear as per chohole graphic. IE.
    !st, 2nd, 3rd. or are they 3rd. 2nd. 1st. maybe they're all joint first as they are all winners. Yay, a three way tie!!!!!!!
    :)

Post edited by none01ohone on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    So very happy for you Hellboy- but not at all surprised :) Your work is always stunning.
    Cathie

Thank you. Glad you think so :)

DAZ_Jon said:

You should have gotten an email from Britney or Jared about it with the info. PM jared if you didn't get it and he'll get you sorted out.

Thanks, There's no rush, since Ka-Anna seems to be wondering the same probably the just need to sort it out later for everyone, just wondering how it works.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2013

$100.00 = 100%, SO I put in around $100 worth of Daz Originals and got the whole lot free with the winning code. Hope that helps.

and for the record I got a email from Brit via the ticket system with my codes.

Post edited by Szark on
  • Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't mind a digital pat on the back. Just being able to send your friends a screen shot of your render on DAZ's homepage is enough for me!

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    $100.00 = 100%, SO I put in around $100 worth of Daz Originals and got the whole lot free with the winning code. Hope that helps.

and for the record I got a email from Brit via the ticket system with my codes.

Thanks, somehow I thought % instead of $. :P

edited December 2013

No problem but I wasn't sure myself until I tested it. :)

The second part for the prize I got a % I got £25 off $50 (50%) worth of PA products But as cho noted above it depends on the placing.

Post edited by Szark on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Congrats, Hellboy and Szark, and the other past and present winners!

edited December 1969

Thanks Scott.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074
    edited December 1969

WELL... I'm a little tiffed at this whole gallery winning thing.. this week the SAME PERSON won 2nd AND 3rd prize!!!! They are lovely renders... but... I don't think the same people should win all the time... I don't know WHO's doing the judging.. but they are not fair!!! I'm sure out of ALL the renders in the gallery the judges could have picked 3 DIFFERENT winners. I've noticed this before... There should be an only once a month winner rule or something to give others a chance to win.. I'm tired of seeing the SAME people win the DAZ contests each week.. Specially when there are LOTS of other deserving renders... I think the judges play favorites... :(

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Then there's two out of three skimpwear chicks thrown in my face every time I go to see the New Releases. SERIOUSLY. On a FAMILY FRIENDLY SITE this is just ludicrous. I'll say it again- get the gallery winners on a GALLERY page. Let the rest of us shop without having to scroll through butts in our faces.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Then there's two out of three skimpwear chicks thrown in my face every time I go to see the New Releases. SERIOUSLY. On a FAMILY FRIENDLY SITE this is just ludicrous. I'll say it again- get the gallery winners on a GALLERY page. Let the rest of us shop without having to scroll through butts in our faces.

Agreed.... makes you wonder WHO's doing the judging... they are the same pose too... Come on guys... Get real!!! sheesh.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 1969

...I remember there used to be restrictions of just how many vouchers one could receive/win in a single month for gallery submissions to avoid just this sort of issue. I know they are still working things out but this is something that maybe should be a priority to make it fair for everyone who submits a work

In the past the only gallery which had actual judging was the PC Gallery, all others offered voucher credit but only for a submission that was selected. If I am not correct, only a single work by an individual artist would be accepted each month per category even if multiple submissions were made. Also, under this structure, one could only receive an award once in a given month and category. Unfortunately with no access to the old gallery site, I am unable to verify all the rules that were involved and must only rely on what I can remember.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,525
    edited December 1969

Congrats Hellboy and Szark, two of my fav artists here ;-)

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

maybe someone dun goofed?

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

The best render should win no matter who's it is. If the best renders don't win it's not a contest. IMO anyway. The winners are nice renders. I don't care for Pin-Up stuff or staged poses but I have to admit the winners deserve the prizes. You don't just discount someones work and give it to someone who did not win and cheat the real winner out of their deserved prize just because they win more than once.

Having said that, where are the great renders that are not pin ups or half naked people?

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I remember there used to be restrictions of just how many vouchers one could receive/win in a single month for gallery submissions to avoid just this sort of issue. I know they are still working things out but this is something that maybe should be a priority to make it fair for everyone who submits a work

In the past the only gallery which had actual judging was the PC Gallery, all others offered voucher credit but only for a submission that was selected. If I am not correct, only a single work by an individual artist would be accepted each month per category even if multiple submissions were made. Also, under this structure, one could only receive an award once in a given month and category. Unfortunately with no access to the old gallery site, I am unable to verify all the rules that were involved and must only rely on what I can remember.

It only became one voucher for a single work per gallery entered after a fuss was raised. I know cause I started the fuss. For one month 2 people won a total of 19 or so picks out of total 30 for one of the galleries at $25 voucher per pick, another single person won another 5 of them. So 24 or so of the 30 open spots in the gallery were won by 3 people. At the time, the judging was voting for favorites by everyone, and it was found that the voting could be farmed, a few of us tried experiments with that.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,525
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    WELL... I'm a little tiffed at this whole gallery winning thing.. this week the SAME PERSON won 2nd AND 3rd prize!!!! They are lovely renders... but... I don't think the same people should win all the time... I don't know WHO's doing the judging.. but they are not fair!!! I'm sure out of ALL the renders in the gallery the judges could have picked 3 DIFFERENT winners. I've noticed this before... There should be an only once a month winner rule or something to give others a chance to win.. I'm tired of seeing the SAME people win the DAZ contests each week.. Specially when there are LOTS of other deserving renders... I think the judges play favorites... :(

I guess it's based on number of likes..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 2013

Ameesa said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

It only became one voucher for a single work per gallery entered after a fuss was raised. I know cause I started the fuss. For one month 2 people won a total of 19 or so picks out of total 30 for one of the galleries at $25 voucher per pick, another single person won another 5 of them. So 24 or so of the 30 open spots in the gallery were won by 3 people. At the time, the judging was voting for favorites by everyone, and it was found that the voting could be farmed, a few of us tried experiments with that.
    ...ah, thank you for the background and clarification. I vaguely remember something about that but wasn't all to clear on how the selections were made. I think in total I received 3 vouchers, ever, for gallery submissions because I knew I had to put the best I could out there. Two of the pieces were submitted only after several people mentioned I should put them in the Daz gallery.

I'd still like to see the old categories return, as back then it was Daz Studio vs. Daz Studio, Carrara vs. Carrara, Bryce vs. Bryce, etc which evened the playing field a bit.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

The best render should win no matter who's it is. If the best renders don't win it's not a contest. IMO anyway. The winners are nice renders. I don't care for Pin-Up stuff or staged poses but I have to admit the winners deserve the prizes. You don't just discount someones work and give it to someone who did not win and cheat the real winner out of their deserved prize just because they win more than once.

Having said that, where are the great renders that are not pin ups or half naked people?

now we could start the endless discussion whats best and who is able to judge

a contest of art is useless
    a contest of craftmanship may have it rules
    or maybe a contest who has the best machine or the best Software to use

so whats best?

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    llolalane said:

I guess it's based on number of likes..

When I thought it couldn't get worse... I log in and are faced with the same person winning both second and third price... Can't even find words for how damn disapointed I am... atleast not words that are fitting for this forum...

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 2013

I'm not a judge in this contest so I can't say for sure, but some contests are judged "blind" without respect to who created the image. Which is a good thing, as art should be judged for its own sake; if the reputation of the artist was a factor, that wouldn't be fair to the vast majority of contestants. Personally I'd prefer to see three different winners though, for sure.

That having been said, I don't want to take away from the excellent work by luannemarie and rebelgraphx. Those are outstanding renders, absolutely deserving of recognition. Congratulations to both of you! :)

Post edited by Scott Livingston on