Need help making elevator doors open at the same time going separate ways left and right

antwonfilmsantwonfilms Posts: 70

Hi guy's, I'm doing scene and I need elevator doors to open at the same time, left and right, the doors are fully functional, but they aren't able to be controled at the same time going in different directions. Would any one know how to get the left door to go left at the same time getting the right one to go right to get a relistic elevator door opening slide? the left door goes left already with proper limmits and so does the right. I need them to do so at the same time. The doors are apart of a building or scene I got from daz.com 

any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post edited by antwonfilms on

Comments

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited June 2019

You can create a New Property slider as a "controler" and use ERC-Freeze to save the door positions to that new slider. This is something how the pose control properties on the genesis figures work. For example with arms up-down there the rotations are inverted between the both arms but the pose controler will move both sides. I try to explain how to archive what you asked for with a step-by-step and I hope its easy to follow along.

1. set your doors to be open
    2. right-click the Prameters pane and set it to Edit-Mode
    3. right-click the Prameters pane a second time and in the extended menu choose Create New Property
    4. the Create New Property dialog pops up and you would want to type in a name first, press tab and the label gets filled in with the name (the label is what you will see in the Parameters pane), ignore the bottom part just press Create (you can care about those settings later in the Parameter Settings dialog see step 9)
    5. right-click your new property in the Paramters pane and choose ERC-Freeze from the menu
    6. the ERC-Freeze dialog shows a list of everything in the scene that is currently not at default (eg. white instead of default dark grey numbers on the door translate sliders)
    7. the less other things you have in the scene or everything else is at default the easier it is to select only the left/right door translation values from the ERC-Freeze dialog list
    8. press Accept in the ERC-feeze dialg and test your new property slider - if everything worked so far both of your doors should move open now
    9. you can click the gear icon on the slider of your new property to open the Parameter Settings dialog to make adjustments to things like the Min/Max Limits - the range in which the slider will move - also I suggest you to set the Type: Modifier/Pose
    10. you can save the scene now and you will have that new property slider available within this scene
    11. if you want to use the elevator with the new property in another scene you could save a scene subset to load it or you could also save a Morph Asset and use the default elevator to load it

Not long ago I posted a how-to in a thread with a simmilar question:

How to save teeth translation/scale

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • thanks so much for the help Syrus. I appreciate that a ton.