Help working with Bazze aircraft models

anthscoanthsco Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in New Users

When I first downloaded Daz I did not know that it could import OBJ files. However after downloading freeware aircraft from Bazze I started importing them into the program and so far I have learned alot. But now I have gotten to the point where I want to open/close canopies, lower/raise landing gear, and blurring props. Unfortunately I have not been able to figure out how to so all those things in Daz and need some pointers how to do so.

How do I open/close (for peopellor aircraft) or raise/lower canopies (for jets)? How do I raise/lower landing gear and fold wings? How Do I blur propellors? Is it even possible? Thanks for the help in advance!

Daz_help_2.png
1366 x 768 - 383K
Daz_help_1.png
1366 x 768 - 589K

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,523
    edited November 2013

If they are just one big object you need to bring that object into a 3D modeler and move the polygons (not adding/removing any) then bring that back into DAZ Studio as a morph. There are several tutorials on the subject, but that is the approach to take.

And for the propeller it looks like there are several polygons, you can use the polygon selection tool and move the spinning propeller to one group, the stationary to one, then set visibility of them.

These are not simple tasks though, beware of foul language, torn hair and lack of sleep while learing but you will have fun once you got it.

Post edited by Totte on
  • anthscoanthsco Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the advice! Looks like I have work to do.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Morphs don't work well for things that swing through an arch motion, it would be better to rig the components.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,039
    edited December 1969

Are you sure there aren't Poser figure files - \Runtime\Libraries\Character\Somefolder\Somefile.cr2 - in the package? If so that already has the rigging, just import it instead of the OBJ.

edited November 2013

There are .rzr and .pzr files in the runtime/pose/bazze directory. the model itself is in obj format. Correction, there is a .cr2 file in the runtime/character/bazze directory.

Post edited by anthsco on
    edited December 1969

Found some things in the libraries/pose/bazze directory and voila! Gear up, blade spun! Not too bad and thanks so much for the help. Now to figure out how to make the canopies do their thing.

bazze_f4u_gear_up_blade_spun.png
    1366 x 768 - 269K
    edited March 2014

Found what i was looking for in the PARAMETERS tab! It took me a few moments to get it but now i can do everything i was trying to do. Thanks to everyone who answered me.

Daz_help_3.png
    1366 x 768 - 340K
    Post edited by anthsco on