WHATS THE MEANING OF THIS (Photoshop questions merged)

dan10112dan10112 Posts: 0
edited November 2013 in New Users

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

MORE PROBLEMS WITH FAKE STUDIO 3D!

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Dare one ask if you have set the path in the application settings and you have a suitable install of photoshop?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited November 2013

Assuming you have Photoshop, click the gear icon to go to preferences, then in the Applications tab click the + to add Photoshop to your list of applications:

ApplicationsTab.JPG
    681 x 690 - 102K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,517
    edited December 1969

dan10112 said:
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

The Photoshop Bridge is a plugin that installs into you Photoshop plugins folder. You need to tell DIM where that is located as the progress in AI still haven't come far enough for software to mind read the user to find out where the user want things installed on his/her computer.

• dan10112dan10112 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    dan10112 said:

The Photoshop Bridge is a plugin that installs into you Photoshop plugins folder. You need to tell DIM where that is located as the progress in AI still haven't come far enough for software to mind read the user to find out where the user want things installed on his/her computer.

it does everything else automatically so why cant it do that one?

edited December 1969

doesn't make any difference anyway it loads it in and you cant see nothing, so no one can solve it still

edited December 1969

dan10112 said:
    doesn't make any difference anyway it loads it in and you cant see nothing, so no one can solve it still

Where are you looking? It should add an entry to the Automate menu in Photoshop.

edited December 1969

dan10112 said:

Where are you looking? It should add an entry to the Automate menu in Photoshop.

well it doesn't, either provide me with a link where someone is merging these 2 apps together to prove that this method exists or don't bother

edited December 1969

dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:

Simply because it has no clue where your Photoshop is installed, that information is what you need to provide.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:

Simply because it has no clue where your Photoshop is installed, that information is what you need to provide.

WELL, i have just downloaded a later copy of faceshop and i have tried that and guess what? NO DAZ FOLDER FOUND, tell me another!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Are you getting a little confused here. Do you mean Face Shop or Photoshop.

You are asking about FaceShop in one of your other threads, this thread you were asking about the Photoshop bridge.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Are you getting a little confused here. Do you mean Face Shop or Photoshop.

You are asking about FaceShop in one of your other threads, this thread you were asking about the Photoshop bridge.

in face shop it it gave me an option in the menu to select daz plugin

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:

well it doesn't, either provide me with a link where someone is merging these 2 apps together to prove that this method exists or don't bother
    The Photoshop bridge in action. It's displayed as a plugin in Photoshop (I'm currently using an older CS5 version), and also shows up as an option in Daz Studio 4.6 under the File menu. I found it pretty simple to set up, so it would help if you gave some info on how you were trying to install the plugin so we can see where you're going wrong. It would also help to know which version of Photoshop you're using, in case there's any potential problems there.

Photoshop_Bridge.jpg
    950 x 354 - 235K
    edited December 1969

dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:

The Photoshop bridge in action. It's displayed as a plugin in Photoshop (I'm currently using an older CS5 version), and also shows up as an option in Daz Studio 4.6 under the File menu. I found it pretty simple to set up, so it would help if you gave some info on how you were trying to install the plugin so we can see where you're going wrong. It would also help to know which version of Photoshop you're using, in case there's any potential problems there.

adobe photo shop cc 64bit, but i dont see the point in it, there is not 1 tutorial on how to make 3d heads in photoshop, if it cant be done what is the point of photoshop for daz 3d?

edited November 2013

dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:

adobe photo shop cc 64bit, but i dont see the point in it, there is not 1 tutorial on how to make 3d heads in photoshop, if it cant be done what is the point of photoshop for daz 3d?

I once read a story about a guy who bought a car, brand new car, then took it out on a spin of freeway. He kept going and going, not really understanding the meaning of the little red light lit under the E on the fuel meter. When the car stopped, he called the dealer yelling and screaming about that the car he just bought was bad, it stopped dead on the freeway in the middle of nowhere. The dealer asked him if he had fueled the car up before driving, and they guy replied "What are you saying Am I supposed to know I need to put fuel into it? What kind of crappy cars are you selling!!"

So, before you keep yelling about how broken things are, take some time and understand what you have, what it can and can't do.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Also please don't keep confusing the volunteers and forum members who are trying to help you. As you have more than one thread current it is quite easy for you to put your FaceShop queries in the thread you started about FaceShop, which has even had the PA who is the Creator of FaceShop come in to try and help you, and keep this thread for Photoshop issues, which are completely different.

Remember that this is a forum, and is used by other forum members, who are just users of the programs and content, just like you, they are not employed by DAZ 3D.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:

I once read a story about a guy who bought a car, brand new car, then took it out on a spin of freeway. He kept going and going, not really understanding the meaning of the little red light lit under the E on the fuel meter. When the car stopped, he called the dealer yelling and screaming about that the car he just bought was bad, it stopped dead on the freeway in the middle of nowhere. The dealer asked him if he had fueled the car up before driving, and they guy replied "What are you saying Am I supposed to know I need to put fuel into it? What kind of crappy cars are you selling!!"

So, before you keep yelling about how broken things are, take some time and understand what you have, what out can and can't do.

I once read a story about this guy who thought he knew it all and because he diddn't have the guts to say "i dont know i have never done that before" he started giving bogus advice and sending them on paths that lead to a dead end, then he would insult the individual that did not perform the task in question just to shield his ego, if you dont know step back.

edited December 1969

dan10112 said:

I once read a story about this guy who thought he knew it all and because he didn't have the guts to say "i don't know i have never done that before" he started giving bogus advice and sending them on paths that lead to a dead end, then he would insult the individual that did not perform the task in question just to shield his ego, if you dont know step back.

First off, you are talking about two completely different programs here, Photshop and the Photoshop bridge, which enables you to send renders directory to photoshop for post work and layer editing, and then Faceshop, which is a program that you use to create face morphs based on photos.

DA Studio is the application that you can use with those two programs /bridges using these steps:
    (1) Use Faceshop to create a morph and a texture for a face from a series of photos.
    (2) Load that into DAZ Studio, render
    (3) Send to Photoshop for editing/postwork.

What is it you are trying to do?

edited December 1969

How do you make a 3d head in photshop cc, i have looked at tutorials and i can not find 1, i want to make a head which i assume would have the obj. extension and i want to stick it in daz 3d studio

edited December 1969

dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:

So, before you keep yelling about how broken things are, take some time and understand what you have, what out can and can't do.

I once read a story about this guy who thought he knew it all and because he diddn't have the guts to say "i dont know i have never done that before" he started giving bogus advice and sending them on paths that lead to a dead end, then he would insult the individual that did not perform the task in question just to shield his ego, if you dont know step back.

Please rember that at the moment you are posting in THe New Users Help Forum, We have extra ToS provisions in this forum, which state

These forums are going to be moderated more strictly than our general forums. As a community it will be important for us to cultivate an atmosphere of collaboration and encouragement that will allow for our newest additions to have fun and to learn in an environment that is conducive to both.

You can find this in the Sticky thread at the top of the forum which is titled "New User Forum Guide".

If you prefer I can merge this thread with your other thread which is currently in the Daz Studio forum, and then you will have both topics in one thread.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    dan10112 said:

I once read a story about this guy who thought he knew it all and because he didn't have the guts to say "i don't know i have never done that before" he started giving bogus advice and sending them on paths that lead to a dead end, then he would insult the individual that did not perform the task in question just to shield his ego, if you dont know step back.

First off, you are talking about two completely different programs here, Photshop and the Photoshop bridge, which enables you to send renders directory to photoshop for post work and layer editing, and then Faceshop, which is a program that you use to create face morphs based on photos.

DA Studio is the application that you can use with those two programs /bridges using these steps:
    (1) Use Faceshop to create a morph and a texture for a face from a series of photos.

well, i have just made a new thread about photoshop that was suggested to me so i dont want to be accused of multi threading, i have ditched faceshop as it does not seem to be compatible so im using photoshop cc

what i am trying do is basically make a 3d model head using my own jpeg as the texture, i then want to (in my own words) get the head that i have created and stick it on a model in daz 3d

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:
    dan10112 said:

Please rember that at the moment you are posting in THe New Users Help Forum, We have extra ToS provisions in this forum, which state

These forums are going to be moderated more strictly than our general forums. As a community it will be important for us to cultivate an atmosphere of collaboration and encouragement that will allow for our newest additions to have fun and to learn in an environment that is conducive to both.

You can find this in the Sticky thread at the top of the forum which is titled "New User Forum Guide".

If you prefer I can merge this thread with your other thread which is currently in the Daz Studio forum, and then you will have both topics in one thread.

ive made a dedicated thread about photo shop now, but as for fun and encouragement , i have not experienced any of those elements with all these applications i have been using so far

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have no idea how to do that in PS, but if you mean to import it into DAZ Studio, and apply it to a figure there, it wont work.

If you want to make a morph that can be used in DS, export the model, and import it into say Sculptris or ZBrush, or anlther 3D modeller, and then import it to DS as a morph target. That way, DS will produce a morph for the original figure, and provide a slider in the Parameters pane for applying it.

Any morph that you create for any figure, MUST have EXACTLY the same vertex count as the original, that is how morphs work.

edited November 2013

dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:

well, i have just made a new thread about photoshop that was suggested to me so i dont want to be accused of multi threading, i have ditched faceshop as it does not seem to be compatible so im using photoshop cc

what i am trying do is basically make a 3d model head using my own jpeg as the texture, i then want to (in my own words) get the head that i have created and stick it on a model in adz 3d

First, you don't "stick a headmodel onto a model" as the models are one mesh. You use a 3D program to modify the mesh (keeping the polygons the same, just altering the vertices), then you save that mesh out as an .obj file, load it as a morph in DAZ Studio and save out that morph. Now you have the Mesh. The next step is to use a program like Photoshop to create a texture map to go with that mesh.

Neither of these tasks are simple or can be done in a coffee-break, they are both tedious tasks that will require a lot of work.

What 3D application you use for creating the morph is you choice, DAZ Studio can export the base mesh as an .obj file which you can open in any 3D modeling application from the free Wings3D or Blender to the very expensive Maya, 3DS MAX or ZBrush, all with a steep learning curve.

A simpler, and easier way is to grab a bunch of morphs a resources in the store and create your face "dial spun", which means you create it by using existing morphs created by pros, then you can edit the texture.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Threads merged because they are on the same subject. Please do not make multiple threads about the same subject as this means that people are answering in 2 places and often the same information is being given in both threads, so it is a duplication of effort

edited December 1969

dan10112 said:
    How do you make a 3d head in photshop cc, i have looked at tutorials and i can not find 1, i want to make a head which i assume would have the obj. extension and i want to stick it in daz 3d studio

You don't, Photoshop is not a modeller.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Threads merged because they are on the same subject. Please do not make multiple threads about the same subject as this means that people are answering in 2 places and often the same information is being given in both threads, so it is a duplication of effort

dont accuse me of duplicating, i already stated i made another thread but i'm answering an on going question, SO IT ISN'T a duplicating attempt!

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:

what i am trying do is basically make a 3d model head using my own jpeg as the texture, i then want to (in my own words) get the head that i have created and stick it on a model in adz 3d

First, you don't "stick a headmodel onto a model" as the models are one mesh. You use a 3D program to modify the mesh (keeping the polygons the same, just altering the vertices), then you save that mesh out as an .obj file, load it as a morph in DAZ Studio and save out that morph. Now you have the Mesh. The next step is to use a program like Photoshop to create a texture map to go with that mesh.

Neither of these tasks are simple or can be done in a coffee-break, they are both tedious tasks that will require a lot of work.

What 3D application you use for creating the morph is you choice, DAZ Studio can export the base mesh as an .obj file which you can open in any 3D modeling application from the free Wings3D or Blender to the very expensive Maya, 3DS MAX or ZBrush, all with a steep learning curve.

A simpler, and easier way is to grab a bunch of morphs a resources in the store and create your face "dial spun", which means you create it by using existing morphs created by pros, then you can edit the texture.

so the model head that i created in face shop (not photoshop) is basically useless then

edited December 1969

dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:

so the model head that i created in face shop (not photoshop) is basically useless then

No, but it has nothing to do with Photoshop. Go to the thread on Faceshop and either ask Wendy to talk you through loading a Faceshop morph in DAZ Studio or contact Abalone using the email they provided.

edited November 2013

dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:
    Totte said:
    dan10112 said:

Nope, what figure did you start out with in Faceshop? ANd did you use the stand alone version or the plugin version?
    Just reading the web page on Faceshop it clearly states you should export the mesh as an obj and work on that mesh. Then when you have done that, you save that mesh as an .obj, then load the figure in DAZ Studio (from which you exported the base figure), then load the manipulated mesh as a morph using morph-loader.
    The texture you painted / fixed in Faceshop will work as a texture in DAZ Studio for that face.

Post edited by Totte on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

First off, it would help to know which version of Face Shop you're using. There's a photoshop plugin version, which is probably where some of the confusion is coming from, and there's also a Daz Studio plugin. Sadly, the photoshop version doesn't seem to have any export options and is purely designed for creating your own images within Photoshop itself. The Daz plugin only works for Michael and Victoria (Gen 4 or lower I believe).

A little extra information will help you get a better answer.