Iray error

WARNING: .\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(302): Iray ERROR - module:category(IMAGE:IO):   1.0   IMAGE  io   error: Failed to open image file [file path]

I think this is causing me purple Iray render issues (I've verified it is not a kaspersky problem as others have had on the forums). Can someone help with this please?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

From your other thread:

I've been playing with DAZ for quite a while but, upon building a new computer and updating to Win10, lost lots of work.</p>

Anyway, since reinstalling everything, my renders are now purple.  I've seen posts saying this is due to Kasperky quarantining freeimage.dll.  I have reinstalled with Kaspersky deactivated and do not think my problem is related to that because Kasperky is not quarantining anything and, also, there is the file nv_freeimage.dll in the libs Iray folder.  I note that my dll has the "nv_" prefix but assume that's an update to the dll?

Some other info about the problem:

- it only happens on Iray, not 3delight

- it does NOT happen with the G8F base figure, but happens with all other figures I've tried

- I have a 2080TI so an using the latest Beta.  But it happens when using CPU to render as well. It also happens in the latest stable build with CPU rendering.  I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers.  So I think that rules out the beta or card being at fault.

It's driving me insane.  Can anyone help please?

What is the file path?

• boomshankaboomshanka Posts: 13

Thanks - I had a strange issue with a cloudflare (spam) block from the forum so decided to create a new account - in the meantime I'd done more testing and think the error is linked.

Full file path example:

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(302): Iray ERROR - module:category(IMAGE:IO):   1.0   IMAGE  io   error: Failed to open image file "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\DAZ\Characters\Genesis8\Victoria8\Victoria8TorsoSSS_1002.jpg".

• davegvdavegv Posts: 164

Hi Did you check this directory to see if you actually have this texture?

I checked mine and i have it in my directory I would think it is installed when installing Victoria 8 .

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\DAZ\Characters\Genesis8\Victoria8\Victoria8TorsoSSS_1002.jpg

Hi - yes, I checked the directory and the texture is there.  It happens with multiple textures on multiple characters. So confusing!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

Your posts were delayed by the anti-spammer filter.

How did you install? Not finding files thata re there can be down to DS thinking Connect was used (installed through Smart Content or the Install pane) but the files are not in that location, just the location from install manager (which you have confirmed are there). If you find the Victoria 8 product in the Smart Content pane's Products tab what, if any, icon does it have to top-right of the thumbnail?

Victoria 8 is not in the Smart Content pane Product tab - in fact nothing is there other than the essentials downloaded by DIM.  I installed most of my items manually though - so maybe you're onto something Richard.  I don't recall having this issue previously though.  How do I get DS to look in the correct place?  I have pointed both DAZ Connect Data and Daz Studio Formats to my manual install folder but I still get the same problem?

Thanks for your help by the way!

Have now spent 8 hours trying to resolve this to no avail.  Think I may go to bed before I uninstall everything in frustration :-(

Some "progress".  In DS (stable release) the render is working correctly on CPU rendering (RTX isn't supported in the stable release so that's why I want to use the beta).  In the beta the renders are purple on either CPU or GPU rendering.

Baffling.  If the beta CPU renders worked fine I would think it was a driver problem but they don't work fine.  Maybe a probelm with the beta, but I would have thought hundreds of people would have the same problem if that was the case?

Rolled back drivers with a clean install.  It's not a driver issue :-(

• DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzirayrenderer.dll" at 0033:0000000067C48D15 error daz 3d

• DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzirayrenderer.dll" at 0033:0000000067C48D15 error daz 3d