Convert Poserfiles to DAZ Studio 4.6

ADAD Posts: 396
edited November 2013 in New Users

Hello together,
it is my first attempt to make a conversion of Poser files to DAZ Studio. I have modelt lamps in Cinema and converted into Poser for figure with corresponding textures (of mc6 on pz2's). Now my Poser Runtime is ready, but I would like to produce more appropriate for an advent calendar DAZ files. For that I would have the lamps and their textures from Poser to convert DAZ Studio.
Maybe I've been doing something wrong during the import, I do not know? But for me the conversion of Posermatfiles for DAZ Studio does not work?

I do as follows:
I import the OBJ and then must decide what kind of obj ... whether Cinema, Poser, Wavefront etc. All the ingredients of the lamp I get from the finished Poser Runtime. Therefore, I click on import under "Convert from: Poser file 1 unit = 8ft, then my lamp is also displayed in the correct size I click eg the Cinema file (because my lights are indeed originally in Cinema been gemoddelt). then my lamps are (no matter how high I factor in% SPECIFIED) much too small compared to a Genesis figure ...
Then I activate the lamp, go to Save as, support assets, figure / props, then I give here:
http://s14.directupload.net/images/user/131123/dpr2ois5.jpg

I can now both lights on the little pictures from the folder: call content, props, Floorlamps_AD in the studio -

but the Matposen missing.

So I try the Matposen (pz2) on the attached Poser runtime for each lamp display, but when I click nothing happens.
In the Surfaces although the material zones of the lamps are displayed, but with no content, such as under normal maps is None, displacement or bump is None ... I have since recoup all new and assign the lamps? I thought I could just assign the entire Poser Matposen by clicking on DS in the lamps and then re-save. But that does not seem to be working.

Part of the Matposen (4 pieces), I had created a template, texture (textures are in the runtime folder: content) and 2 Matposen I had just created a color in the Poser Matraum.

So it looks with the Matposen in the studio; see this screen:
http://s14.directupload.net/images/user/131123/u2eb957m.jpg

Now I do not know what I can try, so that it can function properly. Do I have all the materials manually reassign the various material zones (as jpg image and new settings for bump / displacement, Glossy?) And if so, under what tabs? I've quite a lot of material selections, I must make the assignment as new for each material zone - that would be a lot of work?

I would be glad if someone could possibly help me and could tell me step by step how I must proceed.

In advance thank you for it.

Greetings Conny

P. S. It is a Google translation, I hope it was translated everything for granted. Sorry for the bad english.

Here are my ready Poser lamps:

Post edited by AD on

Comments

• Sport 3DSport 3D Posts: 71
    edited November 2013

I tell you what worked for me.
    I load my obj in poser and save it as a prop.
    Then I map my poser runtime in daz. Then I open Daz studio, go to my poser runtime which appears in content library as poser format (as it is mapped), click on the prop you just saved in Poser. My prop appears in Daz studio.
    Then I save it as: File/save as/Support Asset /figure prop assets.
    And all my textures are saved. If something is missing create your new shaders in daz then save them.

Post edited by Sport 3D on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited December 1969

If you modelled the items to be the correct size in Poser, not to be the correct size in Cinema 4D, then the Poser preset is the correct one to use for the OBJ preset.

Are your lamps UV mapped? How do you have the materials set up in Poser - are you using procedural shaders or textures or a mixture of both?

edited November 2013

To map your poser directory you have to click on content library/content directory manager/ poser format /add then chose the location of your poser runtime as shown in picture.
    When your poser directory is mapped, you don't need to convert poser files, they are recognized by Daz

MapDir.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 442K
  • ADAD Posts: 396
    edited November 2013

Wooow, that's a lot of answers and I hope, I understand them all well. I have made the textures from templates with image-maps (jps) in Photoshop CS6. I imported the obj from Cinema to Poser as wavefront (obj) and save them as a prop. But I changed this props to a poser figure (because I would like to make Morphs for the legs/cable/shades of the lamps and for this I need this lamps as a poser figure). I saved this figures in poser under characters. After this I loaded a lamp in poser and created the textures (one texture are only colours made in the material room of poser). I activated the selection and connect that to the jpgs (they are all in the runtime Folder under textures) and changed some nodes like Bump, Glossy etc.. When I was ready I saved them in Poser as a material collection under lamp1a.. bzw. lamp2... After this step I changed this material collections to Poser Matfiles (pz2) in EditPath Editor (changing the mc6 into pz2 file and changed inside the script the line: "material collection" to figure and the "poser Version" from 10 to 6 and saved all as a pz2 file. So I have only two folders in Poser: Character and Pose and they seams to work correct.
    And I don't want only to attach the poser runtime to DAZ Studio, I would like to create a proper stand-alone version of DAZ Studio for my lamps.
    Would it perhaps help, if I uploaded the poser runtime and somebody can take a look in it?

Post edited by AD on
    edited December 1969

Try to make as I said.
    The only problem you ll have will be to change the location of your textures (put your textures in daz runtime, and reassign them before saving)
    My advice: don't try to export morphs from poser to Daz, you might certainly have scales issues.

edited November 2013

Hello,
    if I try to open my lamps in Studio out of the Poser Runtime, it shows me an error message like the attached Screen.
    But I tried to open all poserfiles also on another PC system and it opens all without any problems.

Post edited by AD on
    edited November 2013

Yes just locate your obj (the obj you created, find the folder where you put it) and it should work.

edited November 2013

Sorry, but it may not only work on my pc-system. I want to give them as a freebie away. Where do I locate the obj's of the files, that DAZ Studio can find them, if someboady wants to load the lamps? And at every other Poser runtimes, I didn't need to search after obj-files in Studio? Sorry I didn't understand ---
    Attached a Screen about the scripts of cr2 and pz2

Post edited by AD on
    edited December 1969

Daz studio can't find the obj, because you don't tell him where to search.You seem to work on several hard drives, and perhaps you don't know exactly where you put your obj.
    Put your obj in daz runtime in "geometries" and then locate it when asked. then save your prop in daz.

edited November 2013

Ok, thank you I shall try this.

Edit:
    I changed it, but this error message still remains. Sorry, but now I think it is to difficult for me to change this files to DAZ Studio. Is there somewhere a tutorial "How to..." step by step in my language (german)?

Post edited by AD on
    edited December 1969

When you ve got the error message you click on locate and go to the folder where you put your obj .
    Then you save your prop.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

If you are building the figure using Poser's legacy rigging system there is no need to re-build it for Studio. All that needs to be converted/adjusted is the surface settings, it may be easier to find a Studio user to beta-test and can also help with the materials.

edited December 1969

Roudneff said:
    When you ve got the error message you click on locate and go to the folder where you put your obj .
    Then you save your prop.

Hi, if I do this, my lamps are like a fly. It's too small. I think, I can't realize my wishes.

But thank you all very much for your help and support!

Have all a nice Weekend - greetings Conny

edited December 1969

You should'nt give up so quick! You're on the good way!

edited December 1969

Roudneff said:
    You should'nt give up so quick! You're on the good way!

Normally I have a Long breath, but it is all so difficult for me in a strange language (and normally I don't use DAZ Studio) and always I understand only the half and don't know the DAZ Studio program. And it has to be ready till end of the month. Today I have to make a break before I get crazy.
    edited December 1969

Now I heard that I need 3 bones for DAZ Studio can view my figure. Is this correct? I have only 1 bone in my figure and I'm wondering, that I see nothing, if I want to load this obj.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited December 1969

Single-bone figures should work.

edited November 2013

So I didn't know, why the poser obj is load like this and I can't scale this greater ? In Poser is this in the normal size shown. Did somebody know, why it is to small size in DS 4.6? I have made a Screen of the bones of the poser obj and a Screen how it is shown in DAZ Studio if I loaded it out of the poser runtime. Perhaps somebody can take look over it?

Bones_DS_PS.jpg
    1000 x 273 - 38K
    Post edited by AD on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited December 1969

How are you exporting it from poser? If the obj was the final scale then it should be the same in both Poser and DS. It you adjusted the scale in Poser hten you need to export it to a new obj

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    How are you exporting it from poser? If the obj was the final scale then it should be the same in both Poser and DS. It you adjusted the scale in Poser hten you need to export it to a new obj

Jut read the previous posts ...

I ve got this kind of scales issues. I think it happens when you rescale props in poser.
    The problem disappeared for me when transforming the prop in a smart prop (parented to a hand for exemple), I don't know why!

edited December 1969

Hi together,
    my steps were:

1) exportetet the obj over riptidePro (factor 1000) from Cinema.
    2) loaded this obj's as a wavefront obj into PP2014 and save this as a prop. I has the correct size (I din't rescale).
    3) created a bone for this lamp and saved it as a cr2-file.
    4) wrote in an Editor some path new for the obj's in the geometries Folder and saved it.

And works now in Poser but not in DS 4.6?

And if I try to load the lamps in DS 4.6 over the poser runtime (out of the preferences of DS) I got the view like the Screen before. So I don't know, where I can repair something?