Nano-Suit keeps freezing and shutting down my program...

Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99

I bought Nano Suit a week or two ago and then got busy at work; but anyway, I've been trying to play with it the past couple days, and every time I try to open it (not render, just open), the computer slows waaaay down for about five minutes and then I get the Windows message saying it's decided to kill an unresponsive program, and away goes DS.

I've tried loading Nano Suit onto Genesis, and I've tried loading it up on a blank stage, but I get the same results every time.

Does Nano Suits use ridiculous amounts of resources and my computer is just saying "dun' wanna" or does this sound like somethings gone wrong in the installation or something?

nano1.JPG
368 x 384 - 108K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I bought this item a long time ago, but from memory, yes it does use a lot of resources.

If you are using the 32 bit version of DS with very little memory available, that is most likely your problem. The file name is Nano-Suit-HR.dsf, which I take to mean High Resolution, and it comes into DS with about 650,000 polys. If I set it to Base in Mesh Resolution in the Parameters pane, it comes down to about 165,000.

I don't know if there is any way to load it at the Base resolution, but it may be too much for lower end systems as it is.

• Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Damn, guess that means I can't use it 'till I finish the rebuild on my desktop then...