IClone Facial Animation G2

richard_2088836richard_2088836 Posts: 112
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have the facial pipeline for IClone5 and I can't get the viseme to work for the G2 avatars. Am I experiencing a tech error or am I just having a user restriction problem. I was thinking about buying some Asian morphs and the Fair Corsair costume but if I can't use the G2
I need to identify another purchase. Anybody have any insight. The original genesis avatars work fine.
All the other facial animations and transfers seem to be alright for the G2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjJM28rsU3U

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The G2 line is very NEW, only months old so far. Not everything can be created overnight. The content creators will need time to make all the products people want for them.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

wish I could help
    but
    I have to do every damn one manually so no easy answer,
    I just make sure all the visemes and facial morphs are in the timeline and do them one by one in expression editor
    I am getting faster at it though

whatever you do, don't click ok for it recognizing figure as talking genesis character
    lot to reset if you do
    also save a custom retarget profile and do not accept the Daz genesis one at loading, go to convert to nonstandard and load your saved preset

• richard_2088836richard_2088836 Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Alright - Thanks for the response.

I did a brief sample of the G2 in IClone after the Daz upgrade the other day and they really do look good. Hope I can get the issue resolved soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjJM28rsU3U

• ReallusionReallusion Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

rguy said:
    I have the facial pipeline for IClone5 and I can't get the viseme to work for the G2 avatars. Am I experiencing a tech error or am I just having a user restriction problem. I was thinking about buying some Asian morphs and the Fair Corsair costume but if I can't use the G2
    I need to identify another purchase. Anybody have any insight. The original genesis avatars work fine.

Hi Rguy,

Maybe I can jump in here with some information on the Facial Pipeline for iClone.
    Reallusion is currently writing a white paper, for developers, that explains the process of manually importing all facial morph keys via 3DXchange5.

I spoke with the developer who is writting it and he mentioned that in DAZ you first need to create all the morphs (facial expression keys), in the order that we recommend prior to importing through 3DXChange5 Pipeline. You would need to create all these morphs and place one per second, inside the timeline in DAZ.

Here I provide you with a link to the facial expression key list.

http://i.imgur.com/1cRIfbT.jpg

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

enoc said:
    rguy said:

Hi Rguy,

Maybe I can jump in here with some information on the Facial Pipeline for iClone.
    Reallusion is currently writing a white paper, for developers, that explains the process of manually importing all facial morph keys via 3DXchange5.

I spoke with the developer who is writting it and he mentioned that in DAZ you first need to create all the morphs (facial expression keys), in the order that we recommend prior to importing through 3DXChange5 Pipeline. You would need to create all these morphs and place one per second, inside the timeline in DAZ.

Here I provide you with a link to the facial expression key list.

http://i.imgur.com/1cRIfbT.jpg

how many frames per second are needed ?

edited December 1969

I frame per second. (one facial morph key per second)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

enoc said:
    I frame per second. (one facial morph key per second)

thank you

edited December 1969

You are welcome. =)