Having problems lighting the interior of the DMGhall scene

Hi Folks:

I am trying to to experiment to see what completely floods this interior with light, unfortunately NOTHING I use works.  GAGH!!! I am getting frustrated and have tried, distance lights, Spot lights, about a gazillion of those stupid point lights and nothing.  What exactly do I need in order to completely fill the room with bright light so that details on the pillars and the brink work on the floor can be seen, and not just be a dark void.  PS I also DON'T have the patience to sit through video after video of what works and doesn't, I just want to light this scene for my own use. As always I appreciate you suggestions and input.  Cheers and thanks gang :)

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I don't have the set myself, but according to the DM's Grand Hall product page, there is a set of Iray lights and 2 different render settings provided with the set. Have those not worked for you?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I loaded it up the Iray Set and used Camera 7 then added the Lights-Grand Hall Interior Iray and it adds three Linear Point Lights which lights up the whole place.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Hi, you probably need this kit: https://www.daz3d.com/iray-light-probe-kit

• M-CM-C Posts: 102

Make sure that your settings under Rendering -> Environment are not set to "Dome only". Otherwise all your indoor lights will be ignored.