Odd rendering issue

I honestly have no clue what's going on with this, or any clue how to fix it. Can anyone help me? I've attached the image and a screen cap of my render settings, hopefully the relevent panes.

cassandrasm.png
1000 x 563 - 1006K
settings.PNG
413 x 576 - 44K
settings2.PNG
411 x 568 - 36K

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Seeing the Tone Mapping settings would help. As that is the part the controls exposure.

Also, since you're set to "scene only", what lights have you added to the scene to provide the lighting?

And given that her face looks odd, but lips aren't, the surface settings for the skin could also be having an effect.

• Ok, I've attached screenshots of the tone mapping tab and the lights I'm using. And I'm using IDG Iray Essentials for Gen 8 for the skin materials, if that helps at all.

settings3.PNG
    417 x 717 - 51K
    settings4.PNG
    460 x 558 - 17K
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

All your settings look okay, and the Iray Essentials skin should work fine.

From your lights, it looks like you're using Colm's Render Studio Iray product, correct? I don't have that myself, but I've heard good things about it. Have you tried different presets to see if you get different results?

• Alright, thank you for the input, I'll fiddle with the lighting set up and see if I can't figure it out. Thanks again for your help.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I honestly have no clue what's going on with this, or any clue how to fix it. Can anyone help me? I've attached the image and a screen cap of my render settings, hopefully the relevent panes.

I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. A couple of G2F characters I own came with Iray materials, and somehow the skin and nails ended up with Backscattering Weight of 0.10 and rendered pure white. This may not be the same thing, but I think it's worth the short time it will take to check it.

1. Select your character in the Scene tab.
    2. Select your character's skin, lips and fingernails in the Surfaces->Editor
    3. In the right column of the Surfaces->Editor, type "back" (without the quotes,) in the filter field.
    4. Check to see if there is a value in the Backscattering Weight setting.
      • Change the setting to 0.00 if there is anything else showing.
      • If you change the setting, do a test render.
      • If the problem persists, use Undo to go back to before your changes. (So you don't inadvertantly introduce another issue.)

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600

Looks as some light is coming in from the back and a side. Since you are using Scene only
    i suggest you bring up the Exposure value in the Tone mapping until the whole figure is lit up.