Problem with Tesla3D Hospital Corridor

EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069

I purchased this item earlier this year:

https://www.daz3d.com/ts-hospital-corridor

It is a pretty nice set, but the one problem I have with it is that each prop in the set has multiple frames and is set to animate (move) as you advance frames, and it is not a camera issue, as I tried this in perspective mode.

I tried clearing and zeroing the animation from the props, but to no avail.

I do not have any issues with Tesla3D's products, as one of their products, the New Bank,interior, is pretty good and does not have the same problems like their Hospital Corridor set does.

I do plan on purchasing another hospital set to accompany this scene someday, but I cannot go ahead with it if this problem with the Hospital Corridor cannot be fixed.  Is there any way for me to have the Hospital Corridor set remove the animation so that it stays in place on every frame?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,844

Like many people who don’t do animation, the creator is probably unaware of the issue as would be most users

I don’t have the set so cannot see what’s happened but obviously the timeline must have been advanced at some point inadvertently with the scene, I would find this a pain too and Keymate would likely be my solution 

the other thing you can do is select everything in scene and by holding shift in parameters as well and go to edit animation delete selected items but this won’t work if a prop was moved from a zero point to it’s current position 

memorise pose first then restore afterwards  may or may not fix that 

without the set I cannot test as could be several scenarios 

I myself suggest you contact customer service as it’s a bug

and also try saving it as a scene subset uncompressed and open it in notepad++ and delete all the key frames 

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069

and also try saving it as a scene subset uncompressed and open it in notepad++ and delete all the key frames 

I don't know if that will accomplish anything.  If I were to open the file in Notepad++, delete all the key frames, and save the file, what file sxtension should I save it as if I were to keep the scene subset?  Also, don't you mean deleting all of the key frames except for Frame #0 on the timeline?

It would be a pretty interesting idea, nonetheless.

edited May 2019
    JonSea31 said:

I don't know if that will accomplish anything.  If I were to open the file in Notepad++, delete all the key frames, and save the file, what file sxtension should I save it as if I were to keep the scene subset?  Also, don't you mean deleting all of the key frames except for Frame #0 on the timeline?

Yeah meant except 0 and save as  .duf

I have not tried it but the duf files are plain text so you should be able to see translations 

using keymate would be far easier if you owned it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    JonSea31 said:

It is a pretty nice set, but the one problem I have with it is that each prop in the set has multiple frames and is set to animate (move) as you advance frames, and it is not a camera issue, as I tried this in perspective mode.

I do not have any issues with Tesla3D's products, as one of their products, the New Bank,interior, is pretty good and does not have the same problems like their Hospital Corridor set does.

I do plan on purchasing another hospital set to accompany this scene someday, but I cannot go ahead with it if this problem with the Hospital Corridor cannot be fixed.  Is there any way for me to have the Hospital Corridor set remove the animation so that it stays in place on every frame?

So the set is ok on frame 0, then when advancing the timeline playhead things start to move out of place? In the timeline tab, set the number of total frames to a high number like 1000 to assure it covers the whole animation, go to the scene tab and expand all, then select everything related to the set. Go to the timeline, you should see the keyframes that cause this unwanted behavior. Start from the last keyframe and click the little x button to remove the keyframe, go to the next keyframe and repeat. Only save the keyframes on frame 0, and things should work. Just to be sure, before starting to remove the keyframes, go to frame 0 and click the + button to add a keyframe for  everything selected.

JonSea31 said:

Yeah meant except 0 and save as  .duf

I have not tried it but the duf files are plain text so you should be able to see translations 

using keymate would be far easier if you owned it

Well, I could be efficient with the Notepad++ method, if copying and pasting the contents to an Excel spreadsheet, and using my intelligence to efficiently delete what I need to before copying and pasting those Excel contents back to the Notepad++ document.  Contrary to popular claim, it should be a piece of cake for me.

edited May 2019
    JonSea31 said:

So the set is ok on frame 0, then when advancing the timeline playhead things start to move out of place? In the timeline tab, set the number of total frames to a high number like 1000 to assure it covers the whole animation, go to the scene tab and expand all, then select everything related to the set. Go to the timeline, you should see the keyframes that cause this unwanted behavior. Start from the last keyframe and click the little x button to remove the keyframe, go to the next keyframe and repeat. Only save the keyframes on frame 0, and things should work. Just to be sure, before starting to remove the keyframes, go to frame 0 and click the + button to add a keyframe for  everything selected.

Or, you should be able to select everything, go to frame 0, rightclick on the parameterstab, memorize figure pose and memorize selected items' pose, rightclick the parameters tab, clear animation/clear figure pose and clear selected items' pose. Then restore figurepose and selected items' pose on frame 0. Save the set as a subset for future use.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

I don’t either have the set to see the exact key frame issue or know what you’re capable of as these are all variables 

but I do know it’s a bug and reporting it to customer service probably the first step

I don’t either have the set to see the exact key frame issue or know what you’re capable of as these are all variables 

but I do know it’s a bug and reporting it to customer service probably the first step

Or it may be one of those design decisionscheeky

Yeah product critique and discussion on a forum associated with the sale of 3D content seems fraught with condemnation lately 

You might be right on this. It's likely intentional on the creator's part.

But what I ask is, if he designed the hospital corridor horribly, why didn't he do it to the New Bank set and many other props he created?  Something doesn't add up.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

Moved to Technical Help as it is a request for help, not a product suggestion.

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Hi all and sorry for reviving and hijacking an old thread, but I'm experiencing the same issue with a different product by the same artist. Did you find a solution for this that doesn't involve Notepad++ or Excel? Worst case scenario, did Notepad++ or Excel solve it?

I also have the TS Hopspital Corriddor and even after I delete all keyframes past 0, the lights on the walls get bigger when I move through the keyframes.

I purchased these items less than a month ago and seeing that this thread is over 18 months old and that the TS Hospital Corridor to this day loads with 150 keyframes, my hopes don't look very promising :( 

Thanks in advance.