Can DForce be put in reverse?

Is there a way to make the dForce engine do the opposite of it's intended purpose? 

I'm trying to make an effect of a finger poking a soft sphere, but intstead of the sphere denting in like I want, it seems to flow up the finger instead.  I've had success with dforms, but i would rather use DForce if possible.

I'm thinking maybe since Dforce was intended to make fabric fit a body, it's doing exactly what its supposed to be doing.  That being said, anyone know how to throw it in reverse?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,513

How are you doing this? it shoudl work, though you will have trouble keeping the spheer spherical, but if you are starting out with the finger poking into the sphere it will definitely fail. You might want to have a read through this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208141/how-to-use-dforce-creating-a-blanket-draping-clothes-on-furniture-and-much-more/p1

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

That thread is wonderful and it has what you're looking for.

For a quick solution, don't let the finger touch the sphere, apply the dForce modifier to the sphere and set gravity to a negative value!

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Or .... apply a collision/smoothing modifier to the sphere and set your figure as the collision item. Move the sphere into position and adjust the collision and smoothing iterations to taste. Finger poking a balloon:

Collision.jpg
    800 x 800 - 106K
  • Oh nice.  Thank you!  And basically i subd the sphere, then add smoothing modfier, and set collision to the other model.