Fiberglass look

Hi everyone. Do any of you know how to achieve this effect? I mean the plastic coat, bright and thick varnish-like surfaces. Also, that hair, do you know of any model in DAZ that has that look already? I can't model anything so my only option would be buying something already made or, perhaps, some kind of script or other processes any of you guys know...Thanks so much!!!

Capture fiberglass.JPG
357 x 502 - 31K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,714

On the hair, you could try removing the opacity maps to make it solid. Are you rendering in Iray or 3Delight?

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

For the hair, you may want to look for hair specifically designed for "cartoon" renders. A lot of normal hair is actually designed as collections of flat ribbons so you may not get the look you want. The rest of it is just a matter of applying the right shaders. Probably some designed to look like plastic.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,787

Here's a freebie hair that might be useful for this project: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/hero-hair/64460

Essentially, what you're looking to do is throw away all the stuff folks do to try to make our figures not look like plastic. Bump/normal/displacement maps, SSS, detailed textures, etc. So concentrating on old and/or free content that may lack those refinements is one way to go, I think. Of course, you can go into the surfaces tab and remove all those things from anything you want to use, as well as increasing the gloss values.

You could also look at the Resource Saver Shaders Collection for Iray (assuming that you're working in iray). Partly because it's really good (and currently on sale), but mainly because it has shaders which replace normal skin surfaces with solid colours - which'll give them that fake look.

• diegodom81diegodom81 Posts: 2

Thanks, everyone. I will try with those tips and see if I can get what I am looking for. Thanks again!

I am renering in iray , BTW