Convert old Clothing to newer figures also makes them bending- deform better ?

juve_satrianijuve_satriani Posts: 138

Hi.. I`m curious about which Genesis generation should be fiited to avoid bending problem or geometry`s deformed when using extreme/stylized  morphs

Lets say for  Millenium generation (V3/M3/V4/M4) cloths , Should I converingt them to G3/G8 for minimizing  bend/deformed problems instead Genesis1 ?

And how about G1`s cloths ? Did most of  their cloth designed to be used with extreme morphs from start? Convert them to newer generation also automatically fix the bending problems  ?

Thanks guys

Post edited by juve_satriani on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,640

Not sure I understand the question. deforming issues are dependant on the rigging and controllers, not a specific generation. Also each PA does things differently, so while some PAs will take extra time and care to help clothing deform as little as possible, including taking extreme poses into consideration, others will not. It's been my experience that since extreme posing is not the norm, most don't take it into consideration.

Another think to think about, some of the clothing converters out there that convert from one generation to another can really warp the mesh and the rigging, thus creating more deforming issues.

• Not sure I understand the question. deforming issues are dependant on the rigging and controllers, not a specific generation. Also each PA does things differently, so while some PAs will take extra time and care to help clothing deform as little as possible, including taking extreme poses into consideration, others will not. It's been my experience that since extreme posing is not the norm, most don't take it into consideration.

Another think to think about, some of the clothing converters out there that convert from one generation to another can really warp the mesh and the rigging, thus creating more deforming issues.

Thanks for explanation

• The main influence is likely to the the resolution and topology of the model, rather than the route used to convert it.