Speeding up loading time

Hello.

Do you guys have any suggestion for speeding up scene loading times? Some of my scenes take 10 minutes to load, some more complex take like 20 minutes. 

I have 2 GTX980ti, 48GB RAM, Windows 8.1

The other computer has better GPUs, same RAM and is Windows 10, and the loading times don't differ much.

Thanks and cheers!

Comments

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Hi Mortze! :)

I guess you're using an Hard Disk to store your Daz library and scenes, am I right?

I've seen a drastic loading time improvement moving my Daz library to a Samsung 970 Evo SSD, and reinstalling everything.

So that's what I would do: I'd use an SSD! If you don't have any NVME free slot (and they're still pretty expensive...) you can grab a simple SATA SSD, but make sure it has RAM in it. For example, Crucial MX500 is okay, but BX500 is still better than an HDD, but worse than a MX500.

If you don't need all your files (you can see their size with Daz Install Manager, maybe there are some shoes you'll never use who actually take more than 1Gb), maybe you could go with a 500Gb one, that should be relatively cheap nowadays.

And keep in mind that the more morphs you use, the more time the scene will take to load.