Face IT! for Genesis 3 Julie 7 not working

Hi team, just bought [Face IT! for Genesis 3 Julie 7] the above for my G3, Julie 7 character but it doesn't appear to be working, or at least I can't get it to work! I attach 2 pics to illustrate the problem. The first, direct from the sales page, shows 4 of the 12 supposed looks that can be achieved "...at the click of a button" The second illustrates what I see in the content library after download and install. As you will see there is little to no difference in any of the faces. If I click on various options to merge into scene, either nothing at all happens or the scale of the face changes a tad. I have searched in the Shaping tab presets but again, nothing to differentiate between faces. Certainly nothing that looks like the advertisement possibilities.

Anyone know where I might find the aforementioned "button" so I can click it?

Many thanks

Malc

faceitmaina-daz3d.jpg
350 x 455 - 43K
Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 12.00.45.png
520 x 952 - 299K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Do you own, and have installed, the Genesis 7 Female Head Morphs?

• Hi Richard, I don't have Genesis 7. However, you have prompted me to go back to the Product Page and I notice that one of the required products is indeed Genesis 3 Head Morphs. My mistake, didn't notice that before. Will rectify PDQ.

Many thanks, again!

• Hi again Richard, apologies I must be having a nugget day :( Downloaded and installed G3 Head Morphs, refreshed, but it hasn't made any difference. Am I missing something? (Apart from few brain cells)

• Sorry, Genesis 3 Head Morphs was what I meant. Do you see the extra sliders for the head morphs in the Parameters pane?

• Yes indeed, lots of sliders, but no presets...? I thought that was what I was buying...

• The head Morphs add sliders, which should then be set by the presets from Face IT! Since you do now have the sliders that should be it - try loading a fresh copy of the figure, then in the Parametrs pane click Currently Used - there should be only a few entries. Then apply one of the Face IT! presets - are there now more entries in Currently Used?

• Hi Richard, thank you for bearing with me, I have done the fresh copy and still do not get any more options. Pic attached. I get 2 figures only in the genesis 3 Characters tab in Content, Tween Julie 7 or Camdyn, which I think has nothing to do with the Face IT! software. I am at a loss, should I try uninstalling re-installing the Face IT! software? I'll keep faffing around in the meantime :)

Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 23.17.48.png
    870 x 732 - 292K
  • that's after applying one of trhe presets? I doubt it needs reinstalling - I don't think it has custom morphs, and anyway the previous screen shot looked right on the installation

• Hi Richard, I'll contact Daz support, I don't see the point of paying for presets when I have to fiddle around with the morphing anyway and produce my own look. I'm not very good at drawing, that's why I use DS in the first place, I need all the help I can get!

I get all of the Head Morphing adjustments anyway on G3 without having to buy/load Tween Julie 7 Face IT!, pic attached. I don't mean to be a skinflint, the software isn't going to break my bank but I'm a bit miffed that the Product blurb states and I quote

"Designed to give a unique and varied look to your renders. Use these faces as a starting point or as is. These faces utilize the Dial Settings options built into Genesis 3 Female in order to best allow you to tweak and adjust settings to allow you to get just the right look for your renders.
    You can use these face presets for your renders or even as a merchant resource"

And as stated before, "at the touch of a button", just look at the previous images that it is supposedly possible to achieve with said button. However, before I go any further I will write to Daz support as I concede that it may be something I am doing, or not doing, that is the problem. I'm sure and hope, that there will be a simple solution. The support in this community is fantastic, I trust DAZ3D corporation will reciprocate.

Many thanks again, I'm sure there will be more problems for you to help me with, if I continue with DAZ that is.

Malc

Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 01.17.22.png
    1033 x 804 - 573K
  • Hi Richard, thought I'd let you know that I seem to have solved the Face IT! not working, had another go after a good nights sleep.

Closed DAZ Studio, opened DIM, re-installed Face IT! package, restarted DAZ Studio, faces are definitely changing now. I still don't get different skin colours but I guess that's one thing I have to do myself. I'm assuming that perhaps, because I loaded the Head Morphing package after the Face IT! one, it did not recognise it properly.

Anyway, off to play now! Many thanks

Malc