Shows That Inspire Animations

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

my problem with this is this, he's god of thunder, how does a little neck zapper hurt him?

is the zapper a/c and thor is d/c?

another dragon movie.  looks kinda cute.  dunno if they mean last March or next March

wuh ohs the bad,bad mens.  i'm in total celtic myghology mode now, lol

tee hee   Farscapes fart humour

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,233

Raya and the Last Dragon is Awesome!

caution when fighting on a flying fortress.  that 1st step is a doozie

Netflix's "Making The Witcher" documentary is packed full of animation inspiration! Well, it certainly is for me, at least!

I love these sorts of documentaries, and this series was a real blast for me. Looking forward to December 17th so I can binge Season 2!!!

And then there's also the first Witcher Con!!!  Fun!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

LOL!!! That's Awesome, Wendy!

Hey all, check this out (done in Carrara) book ad by Starboard!

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452

Dart,

Thanks for the tip...You have always been there when I ran into a problem in Carrara.  I did not intend to divert Mystiara's thread. I saw the name of the thread, "feeling guilty for not doing more with my content,"  and I could sympathize with that thought. I'm not sure which is worse not using the content you have bought or not doing anything with the content you have created. 

I have been absent for a while... Sorry to hear that Chohole passed away....

Starboard

Oh, I don't think you diverted the thread at all. I immediately saw the correlation there!

I just like the video so much, complete with the added bonus that it was created with the help of Carrara, that I wanted to make sure it found its way into here as well! :)

Yeah... I seldom feel guilty for acquiring new content for my library, but I have so many animated renders that will truly never (Never!) see the light of day. Sure, I spent a Lot of time on them, but they were just another step of my long journey in all of this.

I get urged to show my stuff, and I really want to. But I also want to wait until I really like what I'm showing. So I've started doing those whacky shorts that I've been doing lately, just to use up some of my animations in something kinda fun. Stuff like this that everyone here has already seen:

Also, it's Really Good to see you again, Starboard!

It feels really good to finally have much more of a positive direction in all of this, instead of simply test rendering ideas and techniques. Funny, because it's the same process - just with the vision of having something to actually keep and use (and show!!!) in the end.

I admire all of the animators around here that do that on the fly - build an animation, render it, publish it to the web.

I want to get like that too! :)

Being a 'quick exmple', I skip a lot in this. When I see the intro, when I'm showing the end result, it drives me nuts that I didn't add a little bit of light wrap behind her right side (our left) to keep her from looking so abrupt against the background animation. But we're going to get much more in depth as I complete this thing I'm working on now ;)

I think the most important thing is that we enjoy what it is that we're doing - and I'm really having a Blast these days - even though my time with it is still very limited.

FUN!!! 

remember the death race 2000 movie?  it was just soo preposterous,

there was a scene they pushed a bunch of wheel chair people in the road.  and he detaoured and they showed the nurses flung into the air 

sylvester stallone was in it, before he was a star.

• One of my favorite movies!

Stallone became a star? His acting never changed from Death Race 2000. Lol

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,193
    edited August 2021

Did Stallone do any comedies?  For me, Schwarzenegger is best when he plays against type, like the short clip below.  The best example of this approach is Mary Tyler Moore in "Ordinary People" (1980)   4/4 stars from Ebert: "The turmoil centers around the mother (Mary Tyler Moore, inspired casting for this particular role, in which the character masks her inner sterility behind a facade of cheerful suburban perfection). ... at some fundamental level she's selfish, she can't really give of herself ... "  I would love to have been in the casting session where somebody said "Mary Tyler Moore!"  Very long pause ...

Post edited by Steve K on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
    edited August 2021

Some trivia for the original Rocky.

rocky trivia.jpg
    851 x 395 - 109K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Anyone see the new Netflix - Brand New Cherry Flavor?

Rosa (Alita Battle Angel) Salazar stars as a budding young filmmaker and... well... it's one crazy, messed up ride!

i remember Cherry 2000 with melanie griffith.  was a wierd one.  was one of those movies hbo played every 5 minutes,  like circle of iron movie was on every 5 minutes.

This always makes me feel good.

And this makes me happy also.

Very good, my friend! And they made me feel good too! Thanks!

In return, here's a cool little short - amazing animation that inspires my animation

I also really like what this fan did as a tribute to the Star Wars Saga

• so satisfying heart

I love marble animations and have tried a few myself 

That was an incredibly worthy watch! Thanks for sharing this Wendy!!!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,193

WendyLuvsCatz said:

so satisfying heart

I love marble animations and have tried a few myself 

Truly outstanding.  I especially like "Utopia Airways" by Nico Zevallos, ~1:22.  But they are all great.

Physical comedy - I can never get enough of my favorites - Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Lucille Ball, and...   .... JACKIE CHAN

Dick Van Dyke isn't on your list? sad

Dick Van Dyke could trip over ottoman furniture with the best of them!  The thing about a Mount Rushmore of something is there must be 4 and only 4.  If you add Dick Van Dyke, then you have to remove someone.  Who is it going to be?  Mount Rushmores of things are just conversation starters; everyone should be encouraged to have their own lists of 4, and there is no right answer.  Personally, Lucille Ball must remain on my Mount Rushmore.  

Let her roll!

Certainly can't remove anyone from that list, especially Lucille!!!

I am so happy that, in landscaping there is no 4. We always deal in odd numbers or things look Off.

So I could have one, three, five, seven....    ;)