Genesis 8 Babies

Comments

• KarthKarth Posts: 709

Same Pose . I don´t see a terrible shirt.

Hope everyone enjoy the babies. I really love them  :-)

dforcetopflowerset.jpg
    600 x 750 - 135K
  • Wonder if any of our monster makers going to use these as bases for various aliens and the mutant babies from It's Alive movies, or gargoyles or other fanatsy horror scifi baby creatures there's a lot of them - oh and creepy doll babies 

Check out the Sixus1 stuff maybe at one of the other stores....there is a great alien baby and I think a demon baby.
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    scorpio said:

First quick render.

About 5 minutes dial spinning and a lot lot more time getting clothing to look good, ended up using a Genesis Tee shirt and the basic wear shorts, the Onsie looked terrible as did the top from the Flowers set.

Thanks @scorpio. Very nice render. You sold me. You and @divamakeup
  • melaniemelanie Posts: 770

I've been hoping for a really good Genesis 8 baby. This one just doesn't quite measure up. The lantern jaw just doesn't belong on a baby face. I don't know why babies and children are so hard to make realistic. Most of them tend to look too cartoonish. Genesis 8 adults are getting so realistic, like Edward 8. I don't know if playing with the morphs would help. I think I'll wait a while and see if anyone comes up with some morphs that will make them look more like babies.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    Anybody know the hair Virtual World used for Ella? Besides the Tra la la hair?
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I love them! Dropped a ton of money this morning (was just lucky I had it to spend). I render babies in my own scenes from time to time and my daughter is going to have a blast with them too. The fact they're based on G8 means I can mix other morphs to dial in the way I want the baby to look, and a lot of other items I have that are child/baby appropriate will work well too. I have Sixus' baby and have struggled some with that model with certain clothes and poses; so I know what I'm in for, but I really like having these available as options.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Somebody please make a 50% G8 baby/50% mr Woo renderdevil

Odd request, but ok - I'm game. lol

First one is Tobyn 50% Mr Woo 50% with Tobyn's mats.

Second one is Tobyn 50% Mr Woo 50% with Mr Woo's mats.

I'll leave them small as attachments because they're disturbing imo. lol

Actually, the first one isn't too bad, just looks like an angry chubby kid to me. haha

Hahaha, tks Diva=) yup the second one is just as weird as I could imaginelaugh

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited April 2019

OMG! BE REALLY CAREFUL BUYING THIS! Luckily I took screenshots but the total in my cart was not what PayPal charged! I was charged almost $13.00 more than the total in my cart! I sent in a ticket immediately but this is really not cool! Luckily I always check to see if the amount is correct after purchase and take screenshots. But this could potentially make an autopay thing that’s coming in today bounce and now I have to rush to my bank!  Really annoyed with this! 

Any way a mod could push this through so I don’t have to wait over 24 hours to get the money back? And I need it to go to my PayPal, NOT store credit! Thanks.

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Vyusur said:

Hmm not bad;)

• Oso3D said:

Baby Caryn "out of the box":

Adorable! Really helps sell it.

I have Genesis Baby and I'm not sure why people are pining for it. Also the other babies in other stores... really, guys?

Always good to have options....competitive models provide better products than exclusive markets...trust me having lived in the Ukraine back as things were expanding out....a single product supplier market breeds no innovation.
  • Well, now I have a good base for my Matt Lucas off Little Britain character....

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    edited April 2019

I've never seen such exaggerated fat folds on babies and toddlers in real life, either. 

fastfood ;)

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,318
    Karth said:

Same Pose . I don´t see a terrible shirt.

Hope everyone enjoy the babies. I really love them  :-)

I owe you an apology having just tried again it worked fine previously the shirt fell off the shoulder and then bunched up under the arm. I tried several times an a couple of different poses. 

Thank you GlenWebb,Wonderland, Serene Knight and Alliekatblue.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

I bet that baby boy has no pee-pee, right?

That would be illegal in the U.S. I think (where Daz is based).

Laurie

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Odd request, but ok - I'm game. lol

First one is Tobyn 50% Mr Woo 50% with Tobyn's mats.

Second one is Tobyn 50% Mr Woo 50% with Mr Woo's mats.

I'll leave them small as attachments because they're disturbing imo. lol

Actually, the first one isn't too bad, just looks like an angry chubby kid to me. haha

They come close to being good midgets. The heads need to be dialed up % but already pretty good. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Elgyfu said:
    Elgyfu said:

dForce Onesie for Genesis 8 -  Onesie as a name for a baby suit is a resistered trademark of Gerber.  There is no mention of it being licensed by Gerber so I am guessing no one at DAZ realised this?

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-onesie-for-genesis-8

I had to check, it’s actually Onesies with the plural

From Gerber's website - "The Onesies® trademark, or any confusingly similar variation thereof (e.g., “Onesie” or “Onezees”), may not be used as a generic descriptor or a noun; it should be used only as an adjective, when referring to the Onesies® brand by Gerber®"

http://www2.gerberchildrenswear.com/HOME/GerberChildrenswearBrandUsage/tabid/128/Default.aspx

I looked up the trademark Gerber took out in TESS. They have the trademark on their logo and on physical clothing, digital isn't mentioned at all so the vendor might be okay. The TESS lookup had one other company with onesie as the trademark for a product that was approved, beer for some reason. I can't actually wrap my head around the use of onesie and beer together. Most trademarks were abandoned and it's possible Gerber challenged them but all those were in the same limited items of clothing.

Trademarks aren't as broad as some people might think. Companies have to be very specific in their useage to file. Disclaimer, I'm not a trademark attorney and this is all supposition on my part based on big trademark battles in recent months in the writing world and their respective outcomes.

There are no separate head and body morphs. 

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited April 2019

Do DAZ really think babies look like that? Did the mesh designer/artist even look at pictures of (human) babies?  It makes me wonder if DAZ do this deliberately. Reminds me of the expression: He/she has a face only a Mother could love!

I guess for those who really wanted a Genesis 8 baby, they now have one that is at least (I assume) properly rigged. Lots of work here for the PAs to make the "babies" look normal; good luck guys, you have your work cut out! Please try hard else G8b will go the same way as K4.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

I have this vision of Giant Baby Caryn battling Giant Baby Luna as they both crawl around destroying buildings and throwing tanks. 

• timsw6timsw6 Posts: 39
    edited April 2019

I do really appreciate  G8's diversity of late but I think I shall pass on these.

Post edited by timsw6 on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

For those complaining about the fat folds, I have to wonder how much time you guys have spent with babies. I used to work at a daycare and took care of a lot of babies. Babies, at least here, often have a lot of fat that they grow out of. Folds are very common for babies. I'll just leave these here.

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited April 2019
    Elgyfu said:
    Elgyfu said:

dForce Onesie for Genesis 8 -  Onesie as a name for a baby suit is a resistered trademark of Gerber.  There is no mention of it being licensed by Gerber so I am guessing no one at DAZ realised this?

From Gerber's website - "The Onesies® trademark, or any confusingly similar variation thereof (e.g., “Onesie” or “Onezees”), may not be used as a generic descriptor or a noun; it should be used only as an adjective, when referring to the Onesies® brand by Gerber®"

http://www2.gerberchildrenswear.com/HOME/GerberChildrenswearBrandUsage/tabid/128/Default.aspx

I looked up the trademark Gerber took out in TESS. They have the trademark on their logo and on physical clothing, digital isn't mentioned at all so the vendor might be okay. The TESS lookup had one other company with onesie as the trademark for a product that was approved, beer for some reason. I can't actually wrap my head around the use of onesie and beer together. Most trademarks were abandoned and it's possible Gerber challenged them but all those were in the same limited items of clothing.

Trademarks aren't as broad as some people might think. Companies have to be very specific in their useage to file. Disclaimer, I'm not a trademark attorney and this is all supposition on my part based on big trademark battles in recent months in the writing world and their respective outcomes.

I was thinking of the times I have seen Gerber removing items for sale on Etsy that use "onesies", including digital invitations with images of them, dolls clothes, cardboard cake toppers and colouring pictures.  The product doesn't seem to be what they are looking at, just the use of the word to describe something that looks like a baby suit.

I would have assumed that Daz checked this stuff before approving an item for sale though,so you could well be right in that the trademark doesn't cover digital files of this type.  It just looks odd to see a well-known trademark to name the product.

Post edited by Elgyfu on
    edited April 2019

Thanks Diva...more proof tho that Daz likes tiny heads. LOL The head of the baby isn't big enough for the size of it's body, but thank goodness we can scale them. I did buy the baby only because there were times over the years I could have used one and because I can mix it with other characters and make cool and creative stuff. Plus I think with morphs I can "fix" it up the way I like ;). No separate head is no problem because I have XMorphs.

As for the prices, I bought 11 of the DO stuff and 2 of the non-DO stuff, used my monthly PC coupon and it was less than 50 bucks. Not too shabby IMVHO. 13 items. I ain't complainin' ;)

BTW, can't wait to mix this chubby kid in with characters like Dolb and see what develops. LOL

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    AllenArt said:

Thanks Diva...more proof tho that Daz likes tiny heads. LOL The head of the baby isn't big enough for the size of it's body, but thank goodness we can scale them. I did buy the baby only because there were times over the years I could have used one and because I can mix it with other characters and make cool and creative stuff. Plus I think with morphs I can "fix" it up the way I like ;). No separate head is no problem because I have XMorphs.

As for the prices, I bought 11 of the DO stuff and 2 of the non-DO stuff, used my monthly PC coupon and it was less than 50 bucks. Not too shabby IMVHO. 13 items. I ain't complainin' ;)

BTW, can't wait to mix this chubby kid in with characters like Dolb and see what develops. LOL

Laurie

XMorphs will allow you to separate the head morph?  Or use the body with a different head?

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279

For those complaining about the fat folds, I have to wonder how much time you guys have spent with babies. I used to work at a daycare and took care of a lot of babies. Babies, at least here, often have a lot of fat that they grow out of. Folds are very common for babies. I'll just leave these here.

Hmm, so now I am wondering what is it about the new Daz babies that makes them look unreal.  As you have shown, babies can indeed be very roly poly (and cute).

Earlier someone mentioned that the poses used in a lot of the marketing shots are perhaps not very realistic.  These are supposed to be little babies, but they are shown acting like a 2 or 3 year old.  All the babies in your pictures are sort of sitting in "splatty" positions.  Even the ones who are supporting their own weight appear to be doing so with some effort, and look a little flopped down.

The other thing is the close ups of the skin in the main baby product listings look like plastic to me.  Where are all the tiny veins, milk spots and other little markings that are on a baby's skin?  I have a friend who makes reborn dolls, hyper-realistic baby dolls.  She spends many hours working on making the skin detailed.  But I don't see any such detail in the textures - perhaps they are there, but the pictures don't do them justice?  They also look rather shiny.  It is my (ok, limited) experience that babies are quite matt. Baby powder and all that.

But I must say that this picture from the Small World character set is adorable! 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Elgyfu said:
    Elgyfu said:
    Elgyfu said:

I was thinking of the times I have seen Gerber removing items for sale on Etsy that use "onesies", including digital invitations with images of them, dolls clothes, cardboard cake toppers and colouring pictures.  The product doesn't seem to be what they are looking at, just the use of the word to describe something that looks like a baby suit.

I would have assumed that Daz checked this stuff before approving an item for sale though,so you could well be right in that the trademark doesn't cover digital files of this type.  It just looks odd to see a well-known trademark to name the product.

One would think, but then trademark law is very complicated. I hadn't heard of the Etsy takedowns. It wouldn't be the first time a company that large threw their weight around while overstepping limited trademarks. Not saying that's what happened. We can only hope the people at Daz3d have looked into it before approving it.

gitika1 said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

XMorphs will allow you to separate the head morph?  Or use the body with a different head?

Yup, if you split them, certainly.

Laurie

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I agree (and I've spent plenty of time with babies). The leg folds just seem disproportionate to me - I feel there would be more fat on the belly if there were that much on the legs. There's also something quite adult-like about the face, especially when you compare it to the legs.

Every time I almost talk myself into buying I talk myself out again. I'm nearly there. Probably :)

edited April 2019

So my problems in addition to be overcharged and paying a different amount that was in my cart...

1. No separate head and body morphs

2. Had to dial out at 50%then reduce size of body

3. Had to use Growing Up and a variety of other morphs to make her look even slightly cute and here she looks kind of toony I know because I used a lot of 3DU morphs.

4. Skin is awful. Here I used Dayton's skin which makes her look more tooney

5. I could have done something very similar without Caryn.

6. The outfit bends funny and there's poke through on the arm.

7. May be returning everything because I'm especially pissed off about being over charged...

G8 Baby Caryn HD Louise Hair.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    edited April 2019

I think she came out well/cute @wonderland  Nice work playing with the morph dials.

Post edited by Worlds_Edge on