Is the Macaw supposed to load like this?

2»

Comments

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Solution is right above your post.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited November 2013

Will try it.

ETA: Yup. That did it all right. How weird.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LOL! Such a simple fix and right there in the product the whole time. Well that's twice in as few days I've went down the ruff road (harder than needed) when the simple things should be tried first. I need to remind myself of K.I.S.S. more often.

edited December 1969

Best is to make sure not to use tail 1 bend at all. I've loaded the cockatoo into PoserPro2012 and it's not doing it there, so seems like a Studio only thing.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Simply moving the body parts as I mentioned solves it in less than a minute (actually about 30 seconds.) You just open up the bird in Parameters, open the submenus, click on the bird part that is whacky, it highlights in gold, you move the slider, and you're done. That's in version 4.6 though.

Here's the cockatiel done in the same manner. I'm getting ready to do a lighting comparison on the render thread tonight or tomorrow with the cockatiel's WIPs so people can see if they can tell what changed in the lighting setups.

cockatiel6.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 165K
    edited November 2013

I don't know what you mean with moving the body parts? The body part in question that is causing this issue in the cockatoo is tail1 and it's the bend thingie that's causing it. The moment you are moving the bend slider to any direction the mesh is getting funky. That's something that can be fixed properly I just don't know how. Setting bend to zero fixes the problem for the moment but it's only a work around and not a proper fix. Proper fix would mean bend on tail1 can be used without any mesh distortion.

cockatoo1.jpg
    897 x 589 - 77K
    cockatoo2.jpg
    851 x 586 - 73K
    Post edited by Puntomaus on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I did the Macaw and the cockatiel a few days ago, trying to remember but as I think I posted earlier, it was the hip area on those. So far as mesh distortion, I did spot renders and the feather lines (what little there are of them) were okay. These models aren't detailed when it comes to the feathers.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I played with the cockatoo and the Tail 1 bend is definitely the issue. What I did was to set the Tail 1 bend to 0 then memorize selected item/pose. Apply a pose to the Cockatoo, it all goes whacky, so select Tail 1 and reset. Then the problem becomes 'but the pose requires the tail to bend'. Just go to Tail 2 and bend that. That seems to work okay.