Altering main screen/page

SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm using Daz Studio 4. I want to do a cover for a book, but DS does the pictures in landscape. Is there a way to change it so it does them portrait, rather than just do the picture and crop the edges off?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Render > Advanced you can change the dimensions of the image. On the viewport, click the options menu (rectangle with horizontal lines along the top) and make sure "Show Aspect Frame" is checked so you can see what part of the viewport will be rendered.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply. You make it sound so simple!
    Obviously my old-man-fear-of-technology is getting the better of me!
    Cheers!

edited December 1969

I don't suppose anyone would know what rato/aspect setting would fit a book cover do they? I think it'll be a kindle book, but that's up to the author.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

The publisher or distributor should provide that information - in the case of Kindle books I imagine it's on the Amazon site along with the rest of the submission guidelines.

• lcfarlcfar Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I have done several Kindle e-book covers and I use a custom preset of 1600x2500 pixels (16:25 aspect ratio). My author publishes with both Amazon and Smashwords, which distributes to other stores such as Apple and Barnes and Noble. The size meets the guidelines for both. For Amazon, check the Direct Publishing help site (kdp.amazon.com/help). I've found that you also need to make sure the cover will still look good and the title/author will be legible when it is shrunk to fit the web and e-reader devices.

edited December 1969

I'm going to use 16: 25 and see how it goes.
    Thanks guys.