Japanese Shinto Shrine

Re: Japanese Shinto Shrine. This is a new product I bought yesterday.

The ground plane (JSS Environment Iray) renders black. I could report this as a bug BUT I am running 4.11 beta because I have a 2080 Ti. So it might not be a product bug and I wouldn't want to hassle the vendor about something they have not seen.

Has anyone else bought the product and does anyone else see this problem?

Thanks

JSS Env.png
1000 x 1000 - 833K

Comments

• Have you tried it in 4.10.0.123? It works for me, in Iray, using the iray version of the environment.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

@Richard Haseltine "Have you tried it in 4.10.0.123"

OP says they have a 2080TI. That won't render in 4.10.0.123

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,187

I have it. I had a problem rendering in 3Delight (turned out white) but reloading solve that one. I'll try it in Iray when I get the chance later today (unless someone else comes in sooner)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,693
    edited April 2019

Sorry, I missed that the beta was obligatory here. Just tried in the Public Build and I get the same effect - I tried turning Draw ground off in Render Settings, and also tried lifting the whole set up, with no change. Please report this as a possible bug (not sure if it's DS/Iray or the product - there was a fix to normal handling in 4.11 which might be the issue - edit: just tried flipping the normals and that didn't help).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ValkeerieValkeerie Posts: 155

Sorry, I missed that the beta was obligatory here. Just tried in the Public Build and I get the same effect - I tried turning Draw ground off in Render Settings, and also tried lifting the whole set up, with no change. Please report this as a possible bug (not sure if it's DS/Iray or the product - there was a fix to normal handling in 4.11 which might be the issue - edit: just tried flipping the normals and that didn't help).

Thanks, that is helpful. I notice the vendor is using a fairly complex material (well outside my zone of competence) and that may be highlighting a Studio bug.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,187

Well I see I'm a bit late, but I tried this in Iray and yes: I get exactly the same problem (i.e. black surface instead of the earth-y texture in 3Delight)

Are you going to raise a ticket?

• ValkeerieValkeerie Posts: 155
    MelanieL said:

Well I see I'm a bit late, but I tried this in Iray and yes: I get exactly the same problem (i.e. black surface instead of the earth-y texture in 3Delight)

Are you going to raise a ticket?

I have raised a ticket. Thanks for your help.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited April 2019

I looked at it in shadermixer and was none the wiser

I ironically can sort of fudge it in Carrara using a mix operator then using inagoni baker create a new texture map which I can then load as diffuse etc but am unsure which map goes where to be honest so hope it gets fixed

and it renders black for me using iray with the latest beta and I have a 980ti

in the meantime the 3Delight one worked for me so I rendered a top view of the shader to use!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on