Locking objects?

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there a way to lock objects in Carrara so you can't accidentally select and move them?
(or so you can select items underneath or behind them?)

thanks

Comments

• JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Hi,

you could lock it by this way.

Lock_Objet.jpg
    419 x 890 - 102K
  • PGrePGre Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Use LOCK under the constraints tab instead of FULL
    Or, if you have overlapping objects, RIGHT CLICK the mouse in the vicinity and it will give you a list of Objects to select from.
    Or, if you know the name of the object you want to select, click on its name in the Scene Instance List.
    Or, Click the hide unselected button at the top right of the viewport and then move down the instance list until you find the object you want.

• How can this be done in Daz???

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813

Is there a way to lock objects in Carrara so you can't accidentally select and move them?

thanks

I find it easiest to just tick off their visibility.

They then can't be selected by mistake and everything behind them is in plain sight.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited July 2015

thanks

They then can't be selected by mistake and everything behind them is in plain sight.

I sometimes use the option to hide it in 3D view so that if I forget to make the object visible again, it will still show up in the render.
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813

thanks

I sometimes use the option to hide it in 3D view so that if I forget to make the object visible again, it will still show up in the render.

Even better!

Not that I would ever forget to turn something's visibility back on...  blush

Nope.

Not me...  wink