Fixing texture map when animate.

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello, I can't find a way to fix a texture map on an object when i animate it. The texture dont follow movements, its like my object is a calque. I search for days and can't find the solution. Can you help please ?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Is it a texture (image) map or a procedural shader? Is it your own object or one from somebody else? Some more information would be very helpful, possibly including screen shots.

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited November 2013

the texture needs to be baked on the object. there is a plugin for that. i dont think carrara can bake a texture. the plugin is called baker

Post edited by dot_bat on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I animate using models that use image maps and they don't slide. Not sure why you'd need to bake it.

Some procedural shader on the other hand do slide. I usually try and use ones with a local or UV setting as opposed to ones with just a global setting.

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

There is a way to do this without baking.

Use a mixer on your texture map, make the blender fractal noise.....this allows you to choose the mapping space to local, global, or uv.

To only use your desired texture, move the brightness slider to either the left or right, depending whether you want source 1 or 2 to be visible (as shown in the screenshot.

Creeping_Tex.JPG
    734 x 540 - 59K