MAJOR dForce Problem

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Lately, everytime I try to dForce, this dialogue box is popping up which is unusual. As dForce simulates the clothing (clothing I have used and dForced successfully many times) it melts my character. At first I thought I had accidentally applied the weight modifier to the character and not the pants or the shirt or something but I've made sure that the only modifiers in my scene are applied to clothing items. Please see the attached pictures and for the love of GOD tell me what I need to do to fix this so I can stop rendering these nightmares lol

Thanks for any help,

Dialoge Box.JPG
354 x 334 - 36K
Dialoge Box 2.JPG
243 x 528 - 26K

Comments

• So if you select the figure and look at the parameters pane there's no Simulation group in General, or if there is it is set to Static?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited March 2019

@DDCreate, Based on the dialog box, it really does look like the dynamic modifier is applied to Ophelia 7, (the figure in your example.)

1. As Richard has asked, have you verified in the Surfaces->Editor that there isn't a Simulation group in General?
    2. Have you tried using other G3 figures? Both Male and Female? Other generations, like G2 and G8? Does this happen to all of them?
    3. Have you tried applying "Remove dForce Modifer" to the figure(s)?
    4. Have you tried turning off your computer, letting it stay off for at least a ten-count, and then turning it back on? (It's amazing the number of computer related problems that can be solved this way, if your computer's been on for a long time.)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Okay I guess I'm okay with calling it a momentary glitch. It was doing it yesterday with a G3M and then today with a G3F both in different environments. I closed Daz without saving the scene, re-opened it, reloaded the scene and it stopped doing it so either I've been a dope two days in a row doing something I do all the time or it was just a little hiccup.

Out of curiosity though, where is "Remove dForce Modifier"? The only way I know how to do that (I think) is to go into the Scene Tab, type "weight" in the box so it shows me all the elements that have a dForce Weight Node thingy on it and then...delete. Is that not what you do?

edited March 2019
    DDCreate said:

Okay I guess I'm okay with calling it a momentary glitch. It was doing it yesterday with a G3M and then today with a G3F both in different environments. I closed Daz without saving the scene, re-opened it, reloaded the scene and it stopped doing it so either I've been a dope two days in a row doing something I do all the time or it was just a little hiccup.

Out of curiosity though, where is "Remove dForce Modifier"? The only way I know how to do that (I think) is to go into the Scene Tab, type "weight" in the box so it shows me all the elements that have a dForce Weight Node thingy on it and then...delete. Is that not what you do?

Nope.
    laugh

Okay, I'll get serious. What you have been doing, is deleting a helper tool, essentially. The weight nodes give you access to the actual weights being used. (dForce is only one of the ways to use Weight.) When you delete the "dForce Weight Node thingy" you're only removing your current access to the weight maps, which are always there.

There are several ways to access the dForce menu items. Perhaps the easiest when you're just getting used to things is from the Simulation Settings pane. Here's a screenshot:

dForce Menu found from the Simulation Settings Pane/Tab

Like everything else in Daz Studio, there are several ways fo locate these menu items; from the Screen tab, from the main menu, etc. As you sepnd more time using these, you'll develop a way that works the way you do, which will speed your workflow up a bit.

Simulate-Settings-dForce-Menu.jpg
    637 x 306 - 116K
    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Removing the dForce modifier is pretty much the same as setting Simulation Object Type to Static Surface in the Parameters pane - unless you tell it not to (by turning Visible In Simulation off in the Parametrs pane) dForce treats everythign without a modifier as if it had the Static Surface Modifier applied using default values.

All good info to know! I obviously am not well versed in this feature and I appreciate the responses. Knowledge is power! Thanks guys.

I'm sorry to harp on this again but it's doing it again. I tried to follow the steps to remove the dForce as perscribed above but the "Remove"option isn't on the list. The ADD options are there and the "Select dForce Starting Collision Vertices" option but that's all. No Remove, no Clear. Even when I delete the clothing, it melts the character. This never used to happen and now it's happening all the time. Whatever, I just need to figure out how to fix it so it doesn't poison my story pictures. Thanks again for any help you can give.

@DDCreate, It's not harping. You have a legitimate problem.

It sounds like somehow the dForce dynamic modifier has been set as the default with these figures. I had that happen with some morphs years ago, when I saved a modified character. Tech Suport helped me sort that out. It required removing the preset. Not saying that's what's going on here, just that your problem reminds me of mine.

You may need to put in a trouble ticket, but before you do that, I'd like to see what happens if you clear the DSON Cache.

1. In Daz Studio, hit the F2 key on your keyboard. The Preference dialog will pop up
    2. In General tab, (loadeded by default,) look for "DSON Cache Files:"
    3. There will be a folder path on the line below that, followed by three buttons, including one to "Clear" the cache.
    4. Click on the "Clear" button. A dialog will popup letting you know this is permanent and ask if you still want to clear the cache.
    5. Click on Yes.
    6. Wait for the "working" icon to show up. It may take a long moment.
    7. Wait for the "working" icon to disappear. (The cache is now cleared.)
    8. Click on Accept to exit the dialog.
    9. Just to be sure, close Daz Studio and reopen before loading your scene.

Does the figure still melt during dForce?

You also didn't mention if this is happening with other generation figures. Have you tried running dForce using a Genesis 2 or Genesis 8 figure?

• Also, please select the melting (or emlted) figure, open the parametres pane, and expand the options under General, then post a screen shot.